Will it Hurt to wash the engine with soap and water.

Toronto_ACR

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Can someone tell me if they recommebd waqsking the engine with soap and water. Or will it make problems with corrosion and wires. What is the best way to get the dust and dirt off the engine

Thanks

SapphireGTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I have never been too crazy about hosing down an engine. Too many parts that probably shouldnt get wet. I just take a damp rag and rub it down. My friend power washes his motor all the time but its a camaro and most of the engine parts are plastic :) .

MR VENOM

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Gave mine a complete wash down with full strength "Simple Green". Applied it with a brush, let it sit awhile, brushed again, and rinsed off with a hose being careful not to spray "electrical" items. Turned out great. Just a little residual water under manifold, "sopped" it out, let it dry a few hours...and no problems at all.

RT/ED

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I have sprayed a "cold" engine with a mild detergent like "Simple Green", let it soak in for a few minutes. Hose down with a FINE mist of clear water. Stay away from the alternator or cover it with a plastic bag and any other electrical areas you may be concerned about. Been doing this for years on all my cars. Comes out GREAT!! :usa:

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Qdog