Window issues

dmann

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Guys,
The day after I brought my car home I just started washing it and noticed the driver side window was not all the way up. Fast forward 3 months and it happened again. Have you guys seen this before? The driver side window also wouldn't let me shut the door one time, the glass was all the way up without the 5mm gap for pressure.

ViperSmith

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I've had the strange issue where getting INTO the car the window goes down the 1/4 inch and doesn't return up once the door is closed - but never from the outside.

Simply pushing the window switch up returns it.

Twister

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Hmmmm....vipers and windows lol....since the origional we were only supposed to have zipper plastic. So not too shabby

goldcup

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I have a Gen IV and had a similar problem ended up replacing the window regulator and it solved the problem

Bobpantax

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Is your car a Gen V? If so, is it a 2013 or a 2014? I have not heard about any window regulator problems in the Gen V.

Bobpantax

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Thanks. Is it an early one or one built toward the end of the 2013 run? The date should be on the sticker on the door.

Bobpantax

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Probably one of the first Gen Vs. There was a bit of a learning curve at the plant. It is a warranty item so I am sure it will be fixed. Just out of curiousity, ask them to tell you the part number of the regulator that is on it and, if it shows, the date of manufacture of the regulator. They may not need to even look at this if it is just a matter of it not being adjusted/trained properly when it was installed at Connor.