Window not going down?

angleiron

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Car has only 3400 miles, and the passenger side window will no longer go down. It worked the night before..no work'ey this morning. Is there a common fix for this, or ?

ViperJohn

Enthusiast
Reaction score
First thing I would do is check the window switch. Sometimes the connection is loose. If the window switch is good. Check all the connections. The door wiring harness is known to go bad, but that usually happens on the drivers door first since that door is opened more frequently.

If the switch is good, wiring is good, then you have probably have a bad motor.

OP
OP
A

angleiron

Enthusiast
Reaction score
O.K.

Window went down, but all I did was touch it! The motor and switch seem to work, almost seems like the glass is off the track to raise it up/down. So....is this something for a do it your selfer...or whom would be the best person to fix this?

silverten

Enthusiast
Reaction score
My guess is it is your window regulator. It is very common for the regulator to break. There is a plastic piece that breaks and your window will fall. It has happened to me and you will need to replace the entire regulator with motor. That is the only way you can get them. If you need help just let me know. I am in Indiana. Sorry for giving you this news. It does ****.

Chris

opnwide

Enthusiast
Reaction score
The windows in my '95 have never worked so I have to drive around with them down all the time. Doesn't bother me a bit, though.

OP
OP
A

angleiron

Enthusiast
Reaction score
My guess is it is your window regulator. It is very common for the regulator to break. There is a plastic piece that breaks and your window will fall. It has happened to me and you will need to replace the entire regulator with motor. That is the only way you can get them. If you need help just let me know. I am in Indiana. Sorry for giving you this news. It does ****.

Chris

Chris,

Is the window motor a generic motor, like say to another Chrysler/Dodge car? Where are you at in Indiana? I leave the windows down 90% of the time...but I can't wash the car without putting to top back on...need that window to work. How much of a pain is it to change this out?

It was weird...all I did was touch the top of the window and it dropped right down. When I actuate the switch, I can hear the switch click, and the motor run like it is trying to drive the window up...but no window movement.

klamathpro

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Apply Mr Clean AutoDry to the window regulator.

You must be a bored man with too much time on your hands. :eater:

George Murray was quoted as saying: "I tried the product three years ago. Threw it in the trash after using it once."
Yet, you must be in love with the bald guy because you told me to use Mr. Clean Autodry on my head bolts.

silverten

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I live in Fort Wayne, IN. I wish their was a cheaper Dodge product. I looked around for one. It cost me a pretty penny for the regulator. I replaced mine about 2 years ago. It was not so bad but just take your time when taking the door apart. The regulator is the easy part to replace. I wish you were closer because I would help you install it.

Chris

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
webironmongery