window off track

jes4fun

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Need some help on my 98 RT10. My passenger side window came off the track, how hard is it to get it back on track? Is this something I can do or should I take it to the dealer? Need some input!

Fatboy 18

Enthusiast
Reaction score
The Regulator plastic clip might be broken? Take the interior door panel off and take a look the clip slides up and down a metal track. My clip shattered into about 5 pices, you can get spares now on the Bay, I tried using Superglue on the shuttle but the plastic is the wrong type for the glue, I then used Araldite adhesive and this worked :)

hemihead

Viper Owner
Reaction score
I just went through this. You're going to have to pull off the inner door panel and look, not a bad job but you need to know where all the screws are. This is where my service manual really came in handy, pm me if you need me to scan the pages over to you. If the plastic clip is broken you'll need a new one as stated above. If you find a bunch of loose cables in there like I did you'll need to pull out your window regulator (power unit and track that the infamous plastic clip travels up and down driven by cables). Window regulators are very expensive and hard to find. I recommend boxing it up and sending it to Window Regulators USA to have it rebuilt (www.windowregulatorsusa.com), I think it was $180. They did a great job and the turn around time was a day.

As I said, I just went through all this so let me know if you need any help.

Fatboy 18

Enthusiast
Reaction score
That's not a bad price, but it did make me laugh when you compare the Viper single sliding regulator assembly to the Mini van more complicated assembly and they then want an additional $60 bucks more, ...Viper tax again?

New clips are available on the auction website for as little as $18.00! ;)

hemihead

Viper Owner
Reaction score
That's not a bad price, but it did make me laugh when you compare the Viper single sliding regulator assembly to the Mini van more complicated assembly and they then want an additional $60 bucks more, ...Viper tax again?

New clips are available on the auction website for as little as $18.00! ;)

Yeah, I saw that too, but a clip wasn't going to do it for me, one of my cable stays broke and the cables turned into spagetti. Rebuild was still half the price of a new regulator.

Fatboy 18

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Yep, one of my cables ended up looking like Spaghetti :rolaugh: I like that, that's a great description :D

I ended up putting one end of the cable in a bench vice and using a gas blow lamp gently heated the cable to get it back into shape wile pulling the cable to straighten it out, Its still working fine :)

OP
OP
J

jes4fun

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Thanks to Paul Scharf at Don Scharf Automotive I got the regulator plastic clips in just a couple of days. After talking with Paul I found out they carry just about anything you need for your Viper. Don Scarf Automotive is a salvage company who buys Vipers for part distribution, so if your looking for that hard to find part give Paul a call at 800-338-4002

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SKY1960