Window water spots..

2001 Sapphire Blue

Enthusiast
Reaction score
These water spots are on my daily car. I've tried Invisible glass, ammonia, car wax..you name it. I just can't get rid of them. They really show on the tinted windows. Any window cleaning obsessed individuals out there? :confused:

fe155

Enthusiast
Reaction score
get the finest grade steel wool and your spots will be gone , been doing it for years

GTSnake

Enthusiast
Reaction score
get the finest grade steel wool and your spots will be gone , been doing it for years

When I worked at a dealership years ago that's what we used to use before a car delivery. It works great. Just be careful not to touch the paint.

red98GTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Pete the ex glass guy here with my two cents on this. Right about the steel wool trick. Use a #00 or #000 FINE steel wool, the finest you can get. Never wet it. Lightly go over the spots and they will come off. Just takes a bit of patience. Now, for road film and greasy smears, you know the trick, don't you? A cotton cloth, some DRY Comet or Ajax cleanser sprinkled over the windshield, and rub it.
The cleanser absorbs all the junk and the windshield will be free of any film. Go over it with something like Windex, or my favorite cleaner available at COSTCO and other places, SPRAYWAY in the blue and white aerosol can. No streaking with it. If you want to, you can use Rain-X periodically to keep the waterspotting down.
This stuff works great on the glass shower door too. Pete

Vip-RT10

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I use gasoline on a rag to get all the oil deposits off the windshield, wash it and apply Rain-X. I don't have water spots on the windshield. Vinegar does work well for the water spots.