Windshield wiper blade flies off!!

Bob K

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I would have to say that my biggest issue with the new coupe is the location of the windshield wiper lever. It is so close to the steering wheel that I often inadvertantly turn on the wipers when making a left hand turn. I'd hate to think how many times it would happen if I had driving gloves on. Yesterday my son was driving it (I was ahead of him in the '96) and it happened to him also. Only this time the wiper blade flew off and was run over by a car behind him. Upon inspection, the blade itself broke free from the small plastic clip that holds it to the arm. One of the tabs on the plastic clip was broken. Here is the interesting part -- the dealer's computer shows only one wiper blade available in the entire country (the clip is part of the blade - "not sold separately"). The price ....... over $45.00! I hope nobody else needs one because I'm getting it!

Bob K

PatentLaw

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Hope you did not ding up the windshield draging the arm across. You can deal with the single $45 part. The windshield is a different matter.

RainMaker

Enthusiast
Reaction score
It's been raining pretty bad here in NorCal. $45 and it's the only one in the US. They should be asking for more!

OP
OP
B

Bob K

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I doubt that warranty would cover a wiper blade. However, if the arm had damaged my windshield then you better believe I would be after warranty coverage.

Bob K

Viperfreak2

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Quite a few new cars are coming out with this new low profile blade. I hope it brings the price down. As far as I know, most Lexus and Toyotas have this style, if not the exact clip design. I was quoted $120 for the pair a few months back.

gtsviper

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I had a 2000 RT that I never drove in the rain....the wipers had never been used. On my way back home from Barrett-Jackson in Scottsdale horror of horrors....It RAINED. I turned on the wipers for the first time and the driver's side blade flew off the arm and started flapping against the windshield. I had a 200 mile drive home in the rain with no wipers. Yes...the warranty bought me a new blade.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rmoore8950