Wing or no Wing?

shelbynut

Viper Owner
Reaction score
I have been contemplating taking off the aftermarket wing that was on my car when I bought it a few months ago, but having a hard time deciding. Decided to go the public opinion route. I think the previous owner was trying to do the 98 GTSr/GT2 look (too bad he didn't get the rims!), and I thought it was very cool until I really started looking at the car today.

For one thing, it doesn't have the blue stripes on it like the rest of the car, it makes it hard to see whats behind me through the rear view (like I care :smirk: , and, most importantly (not) my new Mopar car cover doesn't fit right!

I think with it, it looks more like a race car, without, more like a "sports" car.....

9653IM000168-med.jpg

Should it stay or should it go? :confused:

Jay

forensicsteve

Viper Owner
Reaction score
think it looks awful on a gts or rt10...maybe a tad worse on the rt10.

But if you're going to keep it...balance it out with front air dam/fascia or whatever it's called.

Camfab

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Lose the wing and the white wheels, ok I'm sorry I opened a can of worms. Whatever makes you happy!

Anaconda

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I'm sorry, but I personally think that wing looks absolutely awful. I hope you aren't offended. If so, I'm sorry.

Gerald

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I personally like tastefull wings. It's YOUR car do what you want. A clean looking GTS looks great! Although a ***nice*** wing on a GTS looks great too....
That wing on that RT/10 doesn't look quite right. Loose it and get an autoform hardtop ;) No offense meant... Afterall, I've got a GTS.......and a wing..

For those of you that don't like wings and are very vocal about it, .....**BITE ME** LOL!!!

G

OP
OP
S

shelbynut

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Well, my suspicions were correct, it doesn't work.

I'll pull it off this afternoon and post an "after" pic. Will probably just put some little plastic caps (like on the sills) to cover the holes for now.

As for the hardtop, I have one, but rarely use it.

965394gts.jpg

The rims are the original 94 rims that have been painted white, the previous owner also redid the interior from all black to grey/black with the Viper logo's on the seats.

I just found a couple 18' front polished 98 rims (I personally like the 98's), and am keeping an eye out for a couple rears to make a set so I can retire the white 17's.

Thanks for the input and will post the "after" shot later today!

Jay

DEVILDOG

VCA Member North TX
Reaction score
I personally like tastefull wings. It's YOUR car do what you want. A clean looking GTS looks great! Although a ***nice*** wing on a GTS looks great too....
That wing on that RT/10 doesn't look quite right. Loose it and get an autoform hardtop ;) No offense meant... Afterall, I've got a GTS.......and a wing..

For those of you that don't like wings and are very vocal about it, .....**BITE ME** LOL!!!

G

DITTO!

OP
OP
S

shelbynut

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Much much much much better...except I now have a whole lot of ugly to deal with on the trunk lid...

9653IM000209-med.jpg

Thanks for all the input!

Jay

OP
OP
S

shelbynut

Viper Owner
Reaction score
I too think it looks a lot cleaner. Will check into that Autoform wing, I don't have a problem with a smaller, more sleek wing that flows with the car, but the one that was on it was too much. Plus, I'll need something on there to cover the ugly holes and pedistal marks from the old wing.

9653IM000215-med.jpg

I've found 2 17" polished front rims from a 98 that I am checking into, waiting for a pic but they should be these ones (since all the stock 98 cars in the gallery have them) which I like more that the newer smooth ones. Once I find the rears I'll be all set! 18" would be nice, but gotta watch the $$'s...

7594IMG_0838-med.jpg

Will be picking up the custom made flanges and v-clamps for the Gen2 headers tommorrow, and dropping off the headers to be ceramic coated as well. If they are done by the end of the week, will be able to install the gen2 headers and hi-flow cats next weekend. Also lining up some 3.55's, so soon my 94 will be just the way I want her!

My Christmas wish list will definately include the 1.7 rockers (and asphalt!)

Jay

Chuck 98 RT/10

Enthusiast
Reaction score
The three spoke wheels never got much love but I've seen them chromed and they looked pretty good. I'd probably go with polished instead of chrome but either way they look much better with a shine.