wiring diagram for connectors used for speedometer calibrator

Rizzo

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I have been in touch with Yellow box who makes the speedometer calibrators and they want to make a plug and play connector but asked me to send them a picture of the connector that they would use. I have no idea which one and was wondering where I would get a diagram of all the wire harnesses under the hood and a description of which wires go to where so I could email them the info. Just wondering if anybody has that handy and could email it to me or post the wiring on here. I have access to ALLDATA.com but they do not have that info on there. Any help would be great. PS. This is for a 2005 Viper.

Thanks.

Viper Specialty

Legacy/Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
What do you need a Speedometer calibration unit for? The Gen-3/4 cars read wheel speed... gears don't impact your speedometer whatsoever.

OP
OP
R

Rizzo

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I just like having my speedometer exact. Its out a few mph at speed. With the yellow box you can just add or subtract in tiny %'s to get it exact. I've used them on my motorbikes and want to put one on my car.

vprtech

Enthusiast
Reaction score
As Dan said, I don't think that a speedometer re-calibrator will work, as the wheel speed is calculated at the ABS controller then bussed to the cluster, there is no digital signal to change. The ABS module do simulate a speed sensor signal that goes to the JTEC engine controller, but that is only used for calculations used by JTEC for idle, etc.

- Chris