Women of all ages seem to love Vipers

Richard Koch

Enthusiast
Reaction score
On Sunday I attended a performance driving school at a local track. After the school several friends met at a local restaurant for dinner. When we came out to get in our cars we saw a nice white haired lady checking out my 1999 black RT-10. It was filthy from the day on the track, but this lady told me she really liked the car. Her son said that she should see if she can sit in it. I heard that and invited her to jump in and we would take her picture with the cell phone camera. She slid in fairly easily and took up a pose at the wheel. She told us her name is Ivy and that she is 88 years old and how much she enjoyed sitting in the Viper. When she decided to climb out of the car I asked if I could help her and she said she was fine and she slipped out as if she had driven one for years.

We found out she was flying home to Alaska that afternoon to return to Wasilla, Sarah Palin's home town. I told her that my Viiper was purchased from Alaska and that I had photos of Sarah Palin sittting in the very same Viper. At that time it was owned by Ray Agen who sold me the the car. You can check Viper magazine for the article with photos of them at a parade in Anchorage.

I told her I would forward the pictures of Sarah to her son via email and our friend emailed the cellphone shots of her sitting in the car. She told her son that this had really made her day.

When I got my Viper I decided to make sure that anyone that wanted to talk about or sit in the Viper would have their chance as many owners had done for me before I finally got mine. I would have to say that she has set the record for being the oldest that has been in my car so far. I have attached 2 photos of Ivy sitting in my Viper as well as 2 photos of Ray Agen and Sarah Palin.

Attachments

• Ivy 3-29-09 A.jpg
    Ivy 3-29-09 A.jpg
    51.8 KB · Views: 20
  • Ivy 3-29-09 B.jpg
    Ivy 3-29-09 B.jpg
    91.3 KB · Views: 44
  • Palin 1.jpg
    Palin 1.jpg
    94.4 KB · Views: 39
  • Palin 3.jpg
    Palin 3.jpg
    81 KB · Views: 44

SkyBob

Enthusiast
Reaction score
EXCELLENT post! She looks pretty happy there. A while back I saw that Palin photo and have lusted after that Viper ever since. I want one just like it. :)

Bob

Canyon707

Enthusiast
Reaction score
It's a fact only our bodies age not our minds. They just slow down some. Good Job she looks happy. Should have taken her for a ride.

OP
OP
R

Richard Koch

Enthusiast
Reaction score
After I posted the article I started thinking about what the chances are for this connection to be made. I was at one of many restaurants we could have chosen near the track and we came out exactly when Ivy and her family were walking by the car. The fact that she was from Alaska and my Viper came from there (not a whole bunch of Vipers in Alaska), she was from Wasilla, the home town of Sarah Palin, and the fact that there are photos of Sarah in this same Viper.

I am thinking that the "Cosmic Bucket List" was in full swing for all these things to occur. Added to that is that she was very aware of the car and had such an interest in it. It was too bad they had to go to the airport then as I would have taken her for a ride too.

mike & juli

Enthusiast
Reaction score
WAY COOL!!!! Good for you!
Just a short addition here: We were at a light with our 2005 BLACK Viper VERT (hmmmm! :)) and a fella in a pickup pulled up on the passenger side, indicating for me to roll down window, I did, and he leaned back and probably his mother (an elderly woman) or grandmother was giving us the DOUBLE THUMBS-UP, HUGE smile on her face!!! I knew she probably couldn't hear me, so we REVVED the CAR up...she broke into laughter...THAT made our day!) These BLACK VIPERS just attract EVERYBODY!!!! (not just gals...;)) Again, KUDOS to you! ~juli

WOT!

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Nice story. The odds are just amazing...

BTW, my oldest passenger was 90. On her birthday, my brother took her up in his plane. Her first small plane ride over her home town. Later that day she took the fastest of her ride life on four wheels.

140 if you have to know. She loved every minute of it. She is now 94 and I suspect we will go for another ride this summer.

I totally agree, share your good fortune when you can.

RAYSIR

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Great story Richard....
My red GTS never turned heads like the black RT...Dang, knew I should have kept that one..
OHHH, by the way I gave up the shopping on e bay after whiskey and waters so I still only have one Viper.
Ray

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Tombala