Wondering about incompatibilities with mopar computer and paxton blower kit

FLYNLO

Enthusiast
Reaction score
If I purchase the race engine controller, and have someone install the paxton..will the race engine controller pose a problem with the split second unit or anything else that comes with the kit? Reason is, I want to install the exhaust now before I have the paxton installed. I do not want a check engine light since the car removes all of the catalytic converters. The race engine controller also happens to remove the stock skip shift.
thanks guys

1TONY1

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Re: Wondering about incompatibilities with mopar computer and paxton blower

Just get o2 simulators to keep the check engine light off. I believe you will still need them with other engine management systems except the AEM. I am not familiar with the gen3 pcm, but I wouldn't recommend it with the blower. For the skip shift, buy a seperate eliminator or a pack of resistors at radio shack for a few bucks.

OP
OP
F

FLYNLO

Enthusiast
Reaction score

Just get o2 simulators to keep the check engine light off. I believe you will still need them with other engine management systems except the AEM. I am not familiar with the gen3 pcm, but I wouldn't recommend it with the blower. For the skip shift, buy a seperate eliminator or a pack of resistors at radio shack for a few bucks.

I see tony. The thing is, when I send the car to velocity performance, I think that they include the O2 sims with their SC800 kit. I want to install an exhaust now, but do not want to deal with any check engine lights. I guess I might give Sean Roe a call on monday and see what he has in stock.

1TONY1

Enthusiast
Reaction score

I see tony. The thing is, when I send the car to velocity performance, I think that they include the O2 sims with their SC800 kit. I want to install an exhaust now, but do not want to deal with any check engine lights. I guess I might give Sean Roe a call on monday and see what he has in stock.

Call Velocity and tell them this. Buy the sims from them now and deduct it off the s/c price later.

You will be wasting your money buying that pcm if you are going to do a s/c. Call Velocity and ask them their opinion if they want it on there with the s/c.

OP
OP
F

FLYNLO

Enthusiast
Reaction score

Call Velocity and tell them this. Buy the sims from them now and deduct it off the s/c price later.

You will be wasting your money buying that pcm if you are going to do a s/c. Call Velocity and ask them their opinion if they want it on there with the s/c.

Good idea bro, I was thinking about this earlier..i will give them a call on monday. There is absolutely no justification in paying 400 bucks for an engine controller, when O2 sims will do the same. On the same note, it only disables the skip shift. Waste of money.
I still want my exhaust though :laugh: