Woo hoo! No Viper, but at least I have a great picture!

Y2K5SRT

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Today marked one month since my Viper left for the rebuild (hey Bill, did you get to that 23rd coat of Zaino yet?
You must be registered for see images
) and I was mildly depressed. Then my son walks in with this very odd shaped package (very tall and thin, about a foot wide) and says, "What is this thing?" It took me a second as I started to unbox it and unwrap it. What was it? My framed print from VOI 6! This was awesome stuff, and even my wife was impressed (and still upset she chose to sleep in that morning and missed it). This monster is about five feet in length and 10" in height. Extremely cool! It brought back some wonderful memories, and made me miss my car more than ever. Sigh...

Chris

OP
OP
Y

Y2K5SRT

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Geez, rub it in why don't you.
I figured I wouldn't even be able to find anybody decent to frame something that size. Oh well. The good news is that I looked at your picture and it's broken! Yep, I don't want to upset you or anything, but somebody switched all the cars on you. I should be in the front row (which I was on Day 2) and instead I see cars like Sir Hiss. You may want to return that photo for a refund.

It was a blast, wasn't it?

(PS. Yes, I know there were two days of photos, I am giving Alan some grief - ha!)

SoCal Rebell

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Chris, I feel your pain, my snake went in the day before yesterday for the same motor work as you, at least you have a month under your belt and a picture I have neither. Please let me know when YOU GET YOUR VIPER BACK, I'll add on 4 weeks so I'll have some idea of when I'll get mine back!!!!!!!

Motorless Ron (SoCal Rebell)

sbkim

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Chris,

How goes it? You remember me, the yellow C5 guy
What is this about rebuild??? I am still game for the 2001/2002 Viper. Then again, Bill is trying to hook me up with a great deal on a 2000. Hope to meet up with you again!

OP
OP
Y

Y2K5SRT

Enthusiast
Reaction score
The yellow C5 guy? How are you! Yeah, when we took that quick jaunt down I-35, I was a little disappointed that you didn't get a nose bleed from the G-forces. I decided to get the engine rebuilt to F-1 specs.

Seriously, it was going through a bit too much oil, so the dealership suggested a factory rebuild - under warranty, of course. Never one to argue with a "fresh" motor, away it went. Come by with the Vette sometime and you can take me for a spin. I have yet to ride in any of the Vettes from the '80's on up (was a Sting Ray guy myself).

As to the Viper, I think 2001 will be your best bet for getting one. A full year of production and the addition of ABS. That, and you can get it in that beautiful yellow! Of course, if Bill has a good deal on the 2000, it might be fun to get it that much sooner. I would guess you wouldn't be able to take delivery on a 2001 built to order before May. Give me a call sometime or drop me an e-mail. Always a pleasure!

Chris