Woodhouse First Edition

ViperGeorge

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I must be in the minority. When I saw the B/W and the Stryker Red cars at VOI I thought if I buy one it definitely will not be the Stryker Red, B/W is the way I'd go. Now my wife likes the Stryker Red and I would admit that the prototype they had in the hotel lobby looked better than the pre-production unit we drove. An engineer told me that there was a slight change in paint from the prototype to the pre-production units.

Oh and I would also have the grille painted to match the car. Looks way better IMO.

ohlarikd

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I must be in the minority. When I saw the B/W and the Stryker Red cars at VOI I thought if I buy one it definitely will not be the Stryker Red, B/W is the way I'd go. Now my wife likes the Stryker Red and I would admit that the prototype they had in the hotel lobby looked better than the pre-production unit we drove. An engineer told me that there was a slight change in paint from the prototype to the pre-production units.

Oh and I would also have the grille painted to match the car. Looks way better IMO.

I don't know, Venom Red came out and everyone was like 'that is not an in-your-face race car color!', 'too muted', 'luxury car color', etc. etc... now it's awesome. Maybe in person there is some subtle difference, but looks like Venom in pics. By the way, I LOVE Venom, so I am not knocking it. I was very close to buying a 2008 Venom.

kdaviper

Enthusiast
Reaction score

By slight change, you mean going from a 25-coat process to a 4(iirc) coat process

kdaviper

Enthusiast
Reaction score
You must be half color-blind lol. look at pics of Stryker Red in full sunlight. You'll see highlights of yellow-orange all the way to deep red in the shadowier regions. Looks as if the car' on fire!

Policy Limits

Enthusiast
Reaction score
It remains to be seen if it will hold its value more than the other colors. My guess is not for the paint color alone but maybe for the limited number of cars SRT produces in Stryker (if is indeed limited). What I would say is that if you really like the Stryker red, you won't regret spending the extra cash it's that good looking.

Nah, my prediction is it will, like all other GTS models lose 30% within 2 years and will lose 50% within 5 years....and worth every cent. when you're dead, you're dead for a LONG time

viper GTS-R

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Styker Red can be a finicky color to shoot. But that's what I like about it. It's a challenge.

Stryker Red while wet (vs Viper Red)

You must be registered for see images attach

Stryker Red a few hours later in direct sunlight

Stryker Red in the rain

Clay concept in the hotel lobby

Stryker Red at night (wish I had my tripod but was at the auction dinner)

--RS

MoparMan

Enthusiast
Reaction score

I'm not a huge fan of red cars (sorry, red car owners) but that Stryker Red is absolutely GORGEOUS in person. I had the chance to see it under a gray sky, full sun and in the shade at the B-J auction in Orange County as well as indoors at VOI in SLC and it looks amazing in all conditions. The photos truly don't do it justice.

ohlarikd

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I get it with the Stryker, but its still the dark maroonish red no one liked a few years ago. I mean, I DO like it - I am just trying to understand the subtle difference that makes Venom bad and Stryker 'gorgeous'. I like them both.

Maybe someday someone will have them both parked next to each other.

Policy Limits

Enthusiast
Reaction score
He knows what "***" means but doesnt know what "PM" means. Do u know what "LMBO" means?

stranger355

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I get it with the Stryker, but its still the dark maroonish red no one liked a few years ago. I mean, I DO like it - I am just trying to understand the subtle difference that makes Venom bad and Stryker 'gorgeous'. I like them both.

Maybe someday someone will have them both parked next to each other.

When Ralph brought the Stryker red to our local show last year (moparpalooza) I still had my venom red and we parked them side by side. I have a pic somewhere. My car looked closer to dark red/purple compared to the dark red/orange/yellow of the new car. BUT all in all, I didn't think they were actually THAT different.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
thiagets