World's Fastest Windows Server*

shine

Viper Owner
Reaction score
(* on four wheels)

I do IT consulting and I have a few connections with the industry.

A fellow IT guy, Microsoft MVP, author, and generally crazy computer friend of mine, Tim Barrett, from Louisville, hit upon a heretofore-untapped server market and decided to mount a Windows Small Business Server 2011 full-on server hardware, UPS, and WiFi in the trunk of my Viper and see what it can take.

Yesterday at the track we did the initial install and got to drive it around the track some, but didn't actually make any passes. We're hoping before the end of the season to get some 120+ mph runs in it while connecting to it and pinging it remotely.

If you wanna see pics, go here:

ProjectDaffy - a set on Flickr

scottmcc

Viper Owner
Reaction score
I to am an IT professional and Viper owner and can respect the beauty of the Server set up and the Car. However my last trip to El Paso Texas with 2008 Server loaded on my crappy toshiba laptop was traveling at over 500 mph on a learjet 35A. Which was way faster than your HP.. On the way back to Michigan with the tail wind I think I saw the speed close to 550.. LOL

Good Job and nice write up!

scottmcc

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Oh, and I forgot to mention... I am not sure what you guys are smokin over there during this project but Duffy Duck does not show up at all, regardless how I look at it or how much alcohol I drink..

OP
OP
S

shine

Viper Owner
Reaction score
However my last trip to El Paso Texas with 2008 Server loaded on my crappy toshiba laptop was traveling at over 500 mph on a learjet 35A. Which was way faster than your HP.. On the way back to Michigan with the tail wind I think I saw the speed close to 550.. LOL

Good Job and nice write up!

Hence the "*on four wheels" qualifier! ;)

Thanks!