World's Greatest Drag Race 3 Unplugged!

ACRucrazy

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Yep. Sky is falling. Someone should be fired. :omg:

3 solid minutes of dogging the car/prep/build. Hard.

kratedisease

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Is the sky falling?

I put my helmet on again!! looks like the sky is falling again.....

I am glad I did NOT start this thread !! Boy, if I had, the dreaded TROLL calling would have started again...my goodness, I have ringing in my ears from all the name calling.

WOW, The guys at MT just stated what I have been banging the table about....how did SRT/Chrysler let this car out to be tested ??? ***

SO, my main question is .... did the retard who let this car get out for testing get fired ? Heads need to roll.....

SRT could be used as example of how to self destroy the roll out/launch of a new vehicle....

I am sure this will be used as an example of GROSS NEGLIGLANCE / INCOMPETENCE in business schools for many years to come

WHAT A FRIGGEN DISASTER !! The Corvair was possibly just as bad......possibly ?

Last edited:

ACRucrazy

Enthusiast
Reaction score
It's such a damning video. I hope the situation lights a fire under SRTs ass and they release the kraken next year to shut everyone up.

Last edited:

I Bin Therbefor

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I realize that the entire marketing budget is in racing and money is scarce BUT either prep these cars or stop providing cars to magazines for testing.:mad:

Solid Red 98

Enthusiast
Reaction score
At least they admit it was an sub-par car with improper preparation. Still, this video won't be as visible as the others. It's a bummer all around.

Alabaster Mamba

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I realize that the entire marketing budget is in racing and money is scarce BUT either prep these cars or stop providing cars to magazines for testing.:mad:
Absolutely! ***? You know they are going to test and compare the car and yet you send a car that has loose bolts, mismatched tires, and brake problems. Either send them a properly prepped car that has been gone over with a fine toothed comb or pass on sending them a car at all. Terrible information is worse than no information. For anyone on the fence, they will hop to the other side of the fence after reading the results. Shoot, why would your new buyer want/choose to buy a Viper over the Base/Z51 C7? No telling how many sales this type of information is going to cost the Gen 5.

Stealth

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Hmm...every test, same result.

Maybe Dodge--I mean SRT--needs to skip to Gen VI for a clean break? As a business owner, I cannot conceive of providing such a messed up car for testing. That said, even if the car actually had the seat bolted down, plastic pieces fully snapped-in and--gasp--matching tires, the Viper would not have faired well in this test. The testers (here and elsewhere) are not crazy about this iteration of the Viper. Hopefully there are many buyers out there to support the Gen V so we can have a much improved ACR and maybe Gen VI.

DMan

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Hmm...every test, same result.

Maybe Dodge--I mean SRT--needs to skip to Gen VI for a clean break? As a business owner, I cannot conceive of providing such a messed up car for testing. That said, even if the car actually had the seat bolted down, plastic pieces fully snapped-in and--gasp--matching tires, the Viper would not have faired well in this test. The testers (here and elsewhere) are not crazy about this iteration of the Viper. Hopefully there are many buyers out there to support the Gen V so we can have a much improved ACR and maybe Gen VI.

Well agree on the business part, I think the same way as a business owner. But if they sent the TA it'd have a world of difference. Even with the junk mule they sent these say several placed it 3rd in driving rating. Now if had a seat that was mounted, brakes not locking up, and ET of 11.3 as they got before and a lap time in the record setting zone like before then the viper would've easily and handily been a top 3 contender and that's some pretty remarkable placement on a shoestring budget etc. IMO.

kratedisease

Enthusiast
Reaction score
It's a new video. Why don't you watch it and enjoy.

I can only assume that if I sold Bison Burgers and several people ( not all, but just a few) got food poisoning, I can only assume that word would get around and many potential customers would get turned off by the reviews on Yelp or Zagats.

well that's how it turned out with the Viper regarding its release to the motor press. A few bad words go a long way in killing business....

VPR RACR

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Wow, twelve place out of twelve cars and got dissed, bad....what was SRT thinking?

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Viper123456