Would you let your GIRLFRIEND autocross your VIper?

ERDOC

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Some pics from NC VCA event in Sanford, NC last Saturday. I was there with my Blue and White along with my cousin Achilles99 in his Red and Silver. It was a great event with plenty of track time. An SL55 even showed up to run!
[image]
7836PICT0054-med.JPG
[/image] [image]
7836PICT0055-med.JPG
[/image] [image]
7836PICT0060-med.JPG
[/image]

Janni

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Don't you dare pick on Kasha..... She's usually pretty fast. That was an ugly "off", though - but the 1 of 53 1997 blue and white RT came through unscathed. Henry showed me some other pics - it was buried pretty good.

Good for all you folks that ran your cars - even our friend who drove the snot out of his SL55 :) . Wish I could have been there - but, alas, the doggies needed the mama at home.

Qualitywires.com

Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
Don't you dare pick on Kasha..... She's usually pretty fast. That was an ugly "off", though - but the 1 of 53 1997 blue and white RT came through unscathed. Henry showed me some other pics - it was buried pretty good.

Good for all you folks that ran your cars - even our friend who drove the snot out of his SL55 :) . Wish I could have been there - but, alas, the doggies needed the mama at home.

Oh come on Janni! no fun on this thread. It looks like they took in good spirit! I think I would have been crying.

LIVIPER

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Let me see how the verdict goes for this Scott Peterson fellow, then I'll let you know. :p

Damn, those b&w r/t 10 are awesome! Glad to hear it ok.

Janni

Enthusiast
Reaction score
ab - I too am kidding - they both took it in stride and the car was fine. It was a freak spin / off and could've happened to any of us.

Believe me - had it been me - I know I'd be getting a ration of crap - and deservedly so.....

All's well that ends well - I'm just mad at her for producing fodder to perpetuate the stereotype!

OP
OP
E

ERDOC

Viper Owner
Reaction score
No harm intended... After the RT10 was pulled from the ditch, he drove it to the car wash, brought it back and it looked great! That soft mud was just about the best thing to run into... if you "had" to chose something. :D

cayenne

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Hmm...never let a woman, GF or otherwise drive any of my cars. First of all...rarely ever met one that knew how to shift. Don't have my Viper yet...but, none have driven my 930, Vette, MR2 Turbo, 280Z...won't be driving the Snake either...

Unless they can prove they've driven a high performance vehicle in the past...no one, not even guy friends get behind the wheel of my cars...
:)

OP
OP
E

ERDOC

Viper Owner
Reaction score
My hat also goes off to Ken, the SL55 owner. He put down some really good times and had enough competitive spirit to shut off the traction control and spin the big Benz out. Myself, first autocross, 10-15 cones crushed, 5-6 spinouts but... ended up placing. Get out and drive your cars guys! It's what they were built for. Some of the best fun I've had in a long time and it was all legal!

CHAD

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Absolutely, you are a lucky man if your wife/gf wants to drive in an autocross. I remember the only way I'd get a race back when I was street racing was to let my then gf/now wife drive my car.

And 55's were meant to be wrung out at the races. Ask the Sebring boys about my Viper/Z06 challenging couch. :D

Chad

Achilles99

Enthusiast
Reaction score
if she wanted to drive it.....id let her.

I don't know about a girlfriend but definitely my wife. Although I don't think she would ever want to. ;)

How about your boyfriend Linh? :eek: :laugh:

AWWWW, is Slaughter mad because he chose to hang out with sweaty men instead of playing with his car :)

Autox was fun... I had a blast meeting a lot of the Carolina's region VCA members. My first time out with ABS brakes... they definitely stop better. I believe I was the fastest GenI/GenII, and second fastest of the day by 0.1 seconds, behind Stuart in his SRT-10).

Janni-Sorry you couldn't come out! Henry did a fantastic job with the VW. He beat almost everyone at the event! Can't wait to join you both at VIR.

SNKEBIT

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Yup!!!! If she would have a mishap and wreck it,,,, I'd have a different one!!!! :headbang: :headbang: :headbang: :headbang: :headbang: :headbang: :headbang: :headbang: :headbang: Then I'd fix the old one and have two!!!! :D

Heysie

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Don't blame her, it can happen to you....as did to me...
You must be registered for see images

The Viper is a strong car, only a little scratch under the rear facia.

Achilles99

Enthusiast
Reaction score
If you don't blame her, who do you blame? The car didn't do it :)

Seriously, I've spun out and had minor wrecks, and I blamed myself everytime. It was usually due to poor driving or poor recovery techniques, ie not having both feet in during a spin, or driving too fast for conditions.

I THINK that during Kasha's run, she tried to save the car instead of just hammering down on the brakes and ending the run. Several people spun out that day, and it was amazing how fast the Vipers scrubbed speed and stopped. I had one bad, stupid-on-my-part offtrack excursion that day (and several spins), but fortunately didn't slide too far on the grass (the autox course was a lot faster than normal, since it was designed for the Vipers in mind... I easily hit over 70-80 mph). I will say that Kasha was running some great times that day, though. She was obviously pushing the car! Gotta respect that :)

ViperRay

Enthusiast
Reaction score
There was an SCCA event here in Topeka this summer where a guy (pharmicist) with his new Porsche GT2 went off track.

It wouldn't have been a big deal but he tried to save it and went straight across the track to the other side and right into a concrete wall whereupon the car (gas tank in front) burst into flames.

The guy died.

The lesson here is to CUT YOUR LOSSES...don't add to them, when **** happens. I believe strongly in this.