Would you trade your Viper for a Ford GT?

PDCjonny

Enthusiast
Reaction score
This guy paid 240K for this one late winter. Talk about depreciation....but it's a beautiful car no doubt.
You must be registered for see images attach

BJ MOTORS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I owned one for a short peroid and was only impressed by the awesome power the car produced. After opening the car door in a tight spot it was very dificult to et in and out of because of the door design. I also thought the interior for a 165K car was very dismal. Opening and shutting the door the inner plate would come loose, the car once your in it is a blast to drive. The SRT is definetely in only my opinion a more comfortable ride. Add a blower or TT and forget the horsepower of the GT. Only other noticebale difference was the handle characteristics. The GT was a blast to drive but would rather have a SRT or S7 or Porsche GT.

ACELLR8

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I saw two of them go through Manheim Auto Auction in PA, it is a wholesale dealers auction.

They both sold for around $170K still at a wholesale auction.

twinvipers

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Manheim usually brings almost the same money as retail on certain cars.

I bought 2 Twin Turbo Porsche's and 1 TT Lotus there. Brought them all back about 4 months later and sold them for almost the same money as I would have gotten on the street.

I don't think you can find a GT for under 165k right now, but you will VERY SOON !!! As soon as winter hits my guess is they will be under 150K.

Andrew/USPWR

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I rather get the S7 than Ford GT. Too many problem right now that is why the price is keep on dropping. That is if I can afford to buy one.....
And NO I won't trade my snake. To each his own.
-------------------------------------------------------------

If I’m going to shell out that kind of cash, I don’t think I’d want it to go to a ford.
Dodge created a whole new plant with hand a picked a team just to build the Vipers. When you take you car into Dodge, they have a Viper tech just for your car. I wonder who built these GT’s and who’ll be wrenching on them at Ford. I think there great looking and super performance, but I doubt Ford put that much more care into the GT, than they do into their other cars. IMO They’ve already had a serious recall on them, lets see them a few years from now.

Fast Freddy

Enthusiast
Reaction score
i won't ever be trading my viper for any car ever. they will bury me in my viper :shocked: with that said i will be buying a used ford GT in the year 2008 (save $15k on taxes that way). i will park it in my garage right between my viper and my vette. the only car i own that i will be selling is my year 2004 Z06 vette. i will replace it with the new C6 Z06.

now if ford were to build the shelby GR-1 concept car (see pic below) than i would sell my vette to buy that one :headbang:

27764-med.jpg

27761.jpg

Kiaser

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Of course anyone would trade their Viper for a Ford GT... Straight up trade that is!

Then sell the GT and buy 3 96' Blue and White GTS!

Red Mist Viper

Enthusiast
Reaction score
The question is, "Would you trade your Viper for a Ford GT?" Never, not even straight up. However, I was happy to see Ford build it--but it's just not for me.

OP
OP
F

FinalEd357

Viper Owner
Reaction score
I guess that Ford GT would be a better buy six months from now, given the inventory to likely be on the market then. For the sake of attention, I don't believe you'd get many more looks in that car than a GTS (my opinion), but what a car, with all of its heritage and personality...

Vic

VCA Venom Member
Reaction score
Wish I could get the FGT and keep the GTS, thats my first choice. If not, and I had to choose, yes, I would sell the GTS to make room for the FGT. Its faster, quicker, and more exclusive than my GTS is, and about a tie for its looks.

Go Fast For Life

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Until I saw the GT in person, I thought I wanted one bad enough to sell the GTS. But after seeing them in person, I've changed my mind. I might someday buy a used one to park along side the GTS, but I would not get rid of the Viper!

doctorbob

Enthusiast
Reaction score
My answer is no. I live about fifty miles from the Ford Proving Grounds in Arizona. I got to see the mules and the production cars. I travel in my viper and sometimes take female company along :cool: , so you need some basic baggage space. The GT has zero...the "trunk" is in the nose with the battery and you could just fit your shaving kit in it. The next car will be a SRT coupe. The question is when to get the car. (My issues with the coupe are 1. My favorite color is blue so I would like a 2006 blue and white one but I am not happy with DC not putting 625 H.P. in the thing like the SEMA car in 2003 and 2. If DC does up the H.P. in 2007 and not have a blue and white option, I will also be less than happy).

TOOOFST

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Hell yeah,beat the piss outta it,then sell it and buy two vipers.Sometimes the most ignorant questions and answers are the most entertaining. :smirk:

acrdakota

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Depends on which viper really. Something average like a red gts sure why not, you can always find another one down the road if you get bored with the GT. Now a sapphire ACR or B/W GTS, not a freaking chance, cars like the acr are too hard to come by these days. (yes I know ones listed in the classifides right now, and I told the guy he's nuts for selling it LOL)

VENOMAHOLIC

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I owned one for a short peroid and was only impressed by the awesome power the car produced. After opening the car door in a tight spot it was very dificult to et in and out of because of the door design. I also thought the interior for a 165K car was very dismal. Opening and shutting the door the inner plate would come loose, the car once your in it is a blast to drive. The SRT is definetely in only my opinion a more comfortable ride. Add a blower or TT and forget the horsepower of the GT. Only other noticebale difference was the handle characteristics. The GT was a blast to drive but would rather have a SRT or S7 or Porsche GT.
What other problems did you have with the GT other than the loose inner plate and dismal interior?

getbit

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Depends on which viper really. Something average like a red gts sure why not, you can always find another one down the road if you get bored with the GT. Now a sapphire ACR or B/W GTS, not a freaking chance, cars like the acr are too hard to come by these days. (yes I know ones listed in the classifides right now, and I told the guy he's nuts for selling it LOL)

and I may take your advice... :D

TAXIMAN1

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Absolutely. Then I would sell the GT for $175k. Bank $115k, and go buy another GTS for $60k :)

Eric H

Viper Owner
Reaction score
not me...........a $170k ford is like polishing a ****, no matter how hard you polish it at the end of the day its still a ****!

Although its a pretty sweet car and if someone gave me one i would happily drive it, but not for $170k bucks.

PDCjonny

Enthusiast
Reaction score

Funny, to other Viper owners a common red GTS (like mine) seems run of the mill, but to the general public red is THE sports car color, not a silver or sapphire. They disappear side by side with the fiery red. :2tu:
Not to mention the speed differential, red just cuts through the air as we all know....

Red Mist Viper

Enthusiast
Reaction score
In my previous post, I said no way. However, last night I watched "Fifth Gear" on Discovery, and they test drove the GT. They liked it. I found it pretty entertaining to watch and hear the car perform. I still wouldn't buy one, but completely understand those that like/love that car. Just a side, after they featured the GT, they featured a 1968 Charger. I've always loved that car. Again, I wouldn't trade my GTS for it, but I sure would like to have one.

Fast Freddy

Enthusiast
Reaction score
i watched that last night too. they way that GT handled on a road course was way cool. throttle steer the car thru the corners like a sprint car :headbang:

Oldwilsonian

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Friend of mine has two for sale.

Solid black with upgraded wheels.
Red with white stripes.

Have a picture of them in my photos.

I think they are still available, please contact me if anyone's interested.

RoyV101621

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Someone else has made up my mind for me. After Autoweek prints:
“The Viper is a poseur’s car. The GT is a racing icon.”
I’d have to take the GT, and most of all because it has 5 lug wheels. I can put spinners on my
GT! No one makes spinners for my poseur.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mpcc