WOW MUST SEE GREAT DEAL

V10SpeedLuvr

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Seems like 75% of AuoTrader ads are fakes. I called about probably 10 Vipers and either got disconnected #'s, or a person who had no clue what I was talking about when I was shopping around

onerareviper

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sween,

I read in another post you are a young lad. Now listen to this old man (34). There is no such thing as a free lunch. I had to learn the hard way... I FLEW from Pittsburgh to Minneapolis to look at a 'too good to be true' deal. Guess what? It was. Did I learn my leason? No. Cross country trips looking at cars became a favorite pastime. Here's the conclusion I came to. Yes, good deals are out there. A good deal is getting a 50 thousand dollar car for 47 thousand. Or a 5 thousand dollar car for 4. But the 50+ thousand dollar car for 30 - 35 thousand do not exist, especially on the internet. Why? Because they would be sold in the local paper in 1 hour for that price. Because the owner could go down to any dealer and he will buy that car from him at that price, flat out. No new vehicle purchase needed.

SRT10

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sween,
Because the owner could go down to any dealer and he will buy that car from him at that price, flat out. No new vehicle purchase needed.

Maybe, Kelley Blue Book is only $36k and some dealers will still try to stiff you for less.

You must be registered for see images

Engine: V10 8.0 Liter
Trans: 6 Speed Manual
Drive: RWD
Mileage: 7,000

Equipment
Air Conditioning
Power Steering
Power Windows
Tilt Wheel
AM/FM Stereo
Single Compact Disc
Leather
Premium Wheels

Consumer Rated Condition: Excellent
"Excellent" condition means that the vehicle looks new, is in excellent mechanical condition and needs no reconditioning. This vehicle has never had any paint or body work and is free of rust. The vehicle has a clean title history and will pass a smog and safety inspection. The engine compartment is clean, with no fluid leaks and is free of any wear or visible defects. The vehicle also has complete and verifiable service records. Less than 5% of all used vehicles fall into this category.

Trade-In Value List Your Car For Sale Online $36,875
Trade-in Value is what consumers can expect to receive from a dealer for a trade-in vehicle assuming an accurate appraisal of condition. This value will likely be less than the Private Party Value because the reselling dealer incurs the cost of safety inspections, reconditioning and other costs of doing business.

Joseph Dell

Enthusiast
Reaction score
In the last two weeks, I have heard of two GTSs (a 98 and a 99) going for 32k each. about 20k miles on them... condition, excellent... neither wrecked. if someone trades it in to a dealer and accepts the 29k that is offered to them (in trade), why wouldn't the dealership sell it for 32k and call it good?

JD

2000GTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Misprint. This car was on ebay last week. The bids went to $52k and he didn't sell. Why would he now take $20k less. Why not just sell to that high bidder?

Ebay ad

Bill

Gerald Levin

Viper Owner
Reaction score
I sent an email to the owner and will report back what he says. Obviously the ad is fake. Onerareviper is right, no such thing as a great deal except in fairyland or in your dreams.

CSTER

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sween,
Because the owner could go down to any dealer and he will buy that car from him at that price, flat out. No new vehicle purchase needed.

Maybe, Kelley Blue Book is only $36k and some dealers will still try to stiff you for less.

You must be registered for see images

Engine: V10 8.0 Liter
Trans: 6 Speed Manual
Drive: RWD
Mileage: 7,000

Equipment
Air Conditioning
Power Steering
Power Windows
Tilt Wheel
AM/FM Stereo
Single Compact Disc
Leather
Premium Wheels

Consumer Rated Condition: Excellent
"Excellent" condition means that the vehicle looks new, is in excellent mechanical condition and needs no reconditioning. This vehicle has never had any paint or body work and is free of rust. The vehicle has a clean title history and will pass a smog and safety inspection. The engine compartment is clean, with no fluid leaks and is free of any wear or visible defects. The vehicle also has complete and verifiable service records. Less than 5% of all used vehicles fall into this category.

Trade-In Value List Your Car For Sale Online $36,875
Trade-in Value is what consumers can expect to receive from a dealer for a trade-in vehicle assuming an accurate appraisal of condition. This value will likely be less than the Private Party Value because the reselling dealer incurs the cost of safety inspections, reconditioning and other costs of doing business.

I know it's a fake ad, but I had to throw out that when I checked the pricing out on KBB, I got $42,200 for trade-in value. $36k seemed too low to me, even for a trade-in price.

Christian

96GTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I almost lost a $5,000 deposit on a scam. Think with your head, and DO NOT let your emotions take control. If you are serious about a car, and the seller for a picture of the car with them standing in front of it holding todays newspaper. I'll bet 99.9 percent will give you some B.S. reason why they cannot produce a picture, or just change the subject. DO NOT send a deposit until you, or someone you trust, has actually laid eyes on the car. I tried to get the person that tried to scam me, but the FBI said they get HUNDREDS of reports of internet fraud a day. They don't have the resources to go after these people, and the people scamming know it.

diabolos88

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I tried to get the person that tried to scam me, but the FBI said they get HUNDREDS of reports of internet fraud a day. They don't have the resources to go after these people, and the people scamming know it.

4real? FBI wont get involved in something like this? Our legal system *****

cyaford

Enthusiast
Reaction score
KBB is WAY off on the resale of the Viper. Use Edmunds.com for a more accurate price, although the price is still somewhat lower than what they are going for. KBB takes into account the same depreciation that all other cars go through. They have not modified the formula for a limited production vehicle.

96GTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Bottom line; a car is only worth what someone is willing to pay. I got mine from a guy that was in a financial bind and I got it WAAAAAY too cheap. There are deals out there, they're just few and far between.

XLR8

Enthusiast
Reaction score
That is a scam!!!!!!! I just purchased that car in Chicago. It is in my garage. Those are the pictures of the car and that is the milage and VIN. That guy is a CROOK!!

Viper23

Viper Owner
Reaction score
LOL...I just saw the car and XLR8 said he would sell it to me for the same price as the autotrader add... :D

So yes that car was sold twice.....I wish...

XLR8

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Hey Viper 22. One good deal is enough. Or at least it was until you broke it. Your crazy......

Viper23

Viper Owner
Reaction score
LOL...you are still the craziest man out of all of us...

Or is this the other half typing? :confused:

onerareviper

Enthusiast
Reaction score
In the last two weeks, I have heard of two GTSs (a 98 and a 99) going for 32k each. about 20k miles on them... condition, excellent... neither wrecked. if someone trades it in to a dealer and accepts the 29k that is offered to them (in trade), why wouldn't the dealership sell it for 32k and call it good?

JD

I'm not saying some low-down dealer will not try and swindell a car off an owner on the cheap. BUT THEY KNOW THE REAL VALUE. They are in the business to make money, as much as possible (Like any other business). Therefore, why would they only make 3K when they could make 13K just as easily. A '98 '99 GTS with 20K miles in excellent condition would sell for 42K in a matter of days. IMO, selling the car for 32K is like taking 10 thousand dollars and putting a match to it.... NO business man would do such a thing. Although, I doubt any dealer would price a Viper like those at 42K. More like 45-50K, and it may take a month or two to sell. But for extra cash,it's worth keeping the car on the lot for the extra time. My .02

FinalEd357

Viper Owner
Reaction score
I saw that car back on Ebay a month ago. Nice ride, but I just don't understand the above listing @ $32k. Whatever.