WOW - SNEAK PEEK - Hardtop

Wayne Finch

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Coming soon.........

This is an awesome hardtop soon to be released by Metalcrafters - the guys who make the concept cars including the SRT Carbon and the pre-production Comp Coupe.

I own one of their Prowler hardtops and I can tell you the quality is fabulous and I'm sure this will be the same. AWESOME

You must be registered for see images

Ooomph

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Wayne,

Will the carbon models carbon-fiber top be available or will it just be the three base colors (4 incl. the white mamba if made available)? I've got a silver '03 that would look great with the carbon-fiber top, hint hint.... :D

Thom
New Mexico

VIPERnXr4ti

Enthusiast
Reaction score
LOVE IT...at least it looks like a coupe lol....does the hard top serve a structural function as well?? as in add some ridgedness(sp??) to the car??

Anthony

MaxedGTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
i think its just ok. why buy an SRT and put a hard top on it?
Max

SylvanSRT

Enthusiast
Reaction score
to take it to the track. I really like the carbon fiber version and would probably not even paint it. does the soft top still function normally is what i want to know?

Viper X

Former VCA National President
VCA Officer
Reaction score
Top looks good. No "scoup". It looks like it doesn't sit on the trunk deck (hopefully). Does anyone know how it attaches to the car in the rear? Hood also. When can we get one. Both would be nice in carbon fiber. Will it eliminate the need for a roll bar?

S

sachin

My friend did some work with them for a while on a co-op term. He told me he helped work on the dash of the CC and also showed me some in production photos of it that he wasn't supposed to. I asked him if I could post the photos and he was calmly told me that if I did that, he'd have to kill me! :laugh:

YouWish

Enthusiast
Reaction score
i think its just ok. why buy an SRT and put a hard top on it?
Max
Ok? That top is bad-ass. The SRT is no GTS but it's a big step in the right direction with that top!!! :headbang:

OP
OP
W

Wayne Finch

Enthusiast
Reaction score
More details are apparently to be released shortly - you might be surprised on a few things.

Can't wait to get one - now we just need the skirts and splitter

NorbatTGF

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Hello everyone,

Sorry I didn't reply sooner. It took a couple of days to set up my account. Thank you Wayne for posting the pictures of our new product.

Some of you may remember our advertisements in the Viper Magazine and here on the VCA when we were called TGF Automotive Enhancements. We have been around for about 10 years with products like our aluminum hardtops for the Gen 1 Vipers. We have been working on this new Gen 3 hardtop for a little while now and I can't answer all of your concerns 100% at this time since the hardtop you see in these pictures is still our prototype. But, here are some facts I can tell you about:

Price - we are trying to keep the pricing between $3100.00 - $3500.00!
Material - this Gen 3 hardtop will a stamped aluminum hardtop, not composite! (we will be offering a seperate carbon fiber hardtop later this year).
Production start date - Sept 1st, 2004.
Weight - under 40 pounds, our current Prowler composite hardtop weighs in at 37 pounds.
Mounting Hardware - front OEM latch wil be used. We will manufacture our own rear mounting system that will be compatable with the use of the OE convertible system. The hardtop will mount under the rear deck lid, not over the top of it. Access to the trunk will be no problem with the hardtop installed.
Colors - available in all OEM colors or custom colors will be a special order.

We will be debuting this Gen 3 hardtop at the ALMS, (American LeMans Series), race July 18th, 2004 at Infineon Raceway to the Northern Calif chapter VCA members. Anyone in the area, please feel free to come by and visit with us.

Please feel free to contact me at the information listed in my signature with any questions or concerns.

NorbatTGF

Enthusiast
Reaction score
:( :( :( :(

Hello everyone,

As of Sept 9th, 2004... Metalcrafters has decided to close down it's aftermarket accessory division. This dicision was very difficult for the owners since this has been in business for the past 10 years designing and manufacturing many exciting aftermarket products for the Viper, Prowler, and PT Cruiser. This decision in no way effects our parent company, Gaffoglio Family Metalcrafters, Inc. which builds many exciting concept and prototype vehicles like the Viper Competition Coupe and the ME412 for DCX.

We will not be manufacturing the SRT/10 hardtop as we had discussed last month. If for any reason we should decide to start up this accessory division again in the future, I will contact the VCA website and it's affiliates. Thank you for your wonderful support over the years.

Regards,

FLOORIN04

Enthusiast
Reaction score
If that is the case then can i get one of the prototypes in the pics since they are no good to you :D

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Missjazzyfitness