Wow, srt homecoming open to all past and present owners, not exclusive

WANTED

Enthusiast
Reaction score
in a word SHOCKING! SRT has invited all past and present owners to this special event. with that being said I feel I should let all know another club, VOA, advertized they were doing a special event with SRT having a limit of 500 tickets max and once they were sold it was closed out to others never mentioning to ANYONE SRT invited all past and present owners with no limit of attendees. IMHO thats just not right! I hope all past and present owners read this so they might have a chance to go and enjoy the activities SRT is offering to all - AT NO CHARGE ! i do realize the other club has their own event going on but other clubs or able to do all activities with SRT. JUST A fyi

cubican

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Im not sure whats going on there The VOA is trying to pull a fast one over all the viper owners, including an raffle with out a permit? http://www.michigan.gov/documents/BSL-CG-1824_26045_7.pdf
“We are only giving away door prizes; we aren’t conducting a raffle.” If people are being

charged to attend a function where (door) prizes will be awarded through a drawing, then

you are conducting a raffle.

Looks like the BS is not going to stop by a simple name chage, and after all the problems of the old raffle they are trying to pull it off with out a permit? looks like we all lost in these deal what has happend to the Proud Viper nation.

AZTVR

Enthusiast
Reaction score
in a word SHOCKING!
SRT has invited all past and present owners to this special event.
SRT invited all past and present owners with no limit of attendees.
go and enjoy the activities SRT is offering to all - AT NO CHARGE

Please provide a link or screenshot of the invitation and details you mention. I am a past owner of a Viper and have not been invited by SRT as far as I know. I realize that there are a couple of anonymous folks posting interesting hearsay; but, I would like to know the facts. I don't know you, so, I have no idea whether the words you typed above have credibility. No offense intended, here !

cubican

Enthusiast
Reaction score
More than Happy to; sorry URL deleted

As you can see all viper and SRT owners are invited, I just can't understant Why the VOA is trying to pull a fast one on a free event.

Paul Hawker

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I also worry that something sneaky is going on over there. I got the invitation to Detroit directly from SRT for their Open House and Viper Homecoming. They never said anything about a $500 fee and raffle car. I grew up in Detroit, and would love to come back home for this event, but would not want to walk into an inter-club rivalry. Could be very uncomfortable for everyone involved, including SRT.

They say that their door prize is not a raffle, but a door prize.

They said that their door prize is totally legal and on the up and up, but when pressed stated that only when you get there they will explain why the door prize is legal.

It reminds me of the Pelosi statement that you have to vote for the Health care act before the Senators could read it.

I am most concerned that since all their regional club presidents are Board of Directors, they may be personally responsible for any legal action that may befall the club. Would hope everyone over there has a clear understanding of how this can legally transpire.

According to the Michigan Department that regulates raffles...
Common misconceptions
“We are only giving away door prizes; we aren’t conducting a raffle.” If people are beingcharged to attend a function where (door) prizes will be awarded through a drawing, thenyou are conducting a raffle.
“We are conducting a 50/50, not a raffle.” Contrary to many people’s opinion, 50/50drawings are raffles. "

I am not sure that SRT will be providing their open house free of charge. If there is a fee, I would assume that either their club would pick up that charge in their package deal, or the attendees would be responsible for this additional charge when and if it is disclosed.

Worried that this whole thing is turning out to be a mess. Wish that club would just do everything on the up and up with full disclosure.

I remember when that club broke away, they were saying that one of the main reasons they needed to start up a new club was to assure "
transparency".

Everybody could use a bit more transparency right now on this SRT event.

Hope that maybe SRT could clear the air on all this. Hate for this to become a distraction for them when they need full attention and all hands on deck to keep the Viper sales successful.

Last edited:

Brian GTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
You guys have no clue what's going on at the VOA, so stop the guesswork and twisting of information AGAIN. Everything is fully transparent at the VOA. $500 is for VOA members which includes meals, riverboat, door prize tickets, and more. The fee has nothing to do with any of the SRT activities....relax.

V

VCA Forum Staff

Please no posting, linking, embedding,etc. to competing organizations. People can easily find this themselves (especially seeing how quickly any posts about VOI are deleted on other websites).

ViperSmith

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Dear Anonymous "VCA Forum Staff"

That is pretty pathetic to delete my post. I guess if that is how the VCA wishes to operate that is its prerogative. I was simply making a point (and I posted no link, simply a screen shot of text)

I guess you can only post "facts" construing something one way, else you'll be censored.

If I were moderating "other websites" you may have some valid point, but alas I do not.

Bobpantax

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I do not see how starting up negative allegations about the VOA event in conjunction with the SRT Homecoming helps SRT or the Viper. Surely SRT would have vetted this issue prior to the VOA announcement to avoid any issues or adverse exposure to itself. Raising the issue could be construed as insulting to SRT. The VCA relationship with SRT has improved a great deal over the past few months. Let's not do anything to cause a set back.

Take the energy and time to test drive and buy a Gen V. That is what SRT and the future of the Viper need. The VCA's main mission is to support all things Viper. Let's do that.

GRANGER73

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Surely SRT would have vetted this issue prior to the VOA announcement to avoid any issues or adverse exposure to itself.

You would think so, but look at the last VCA raffle. SRT was aware of all that was going on and look what happened. Don't assume.

Free2go

Enthusiast
Reaction score
We all know how VOA leaders bad mouth the VCA via AE's in the Alley. They started this crap with threads like "VOA donkey punches VCA". Totally ridiculous. A lot of people still holding grudges in the "new club". They will never get a dime of my money...that cheap VCA knock off. VCA has new leadership, and is the original Viper club. I refuse to judge this entire club based on the actions of a few yoyo's...who are no longer affiliated. A lot of fools (based in the Alley) who helped start VOA are now disgusted with that club. VOA leadership used them to meet their needs then created a club in the mirror image of the VCA. Once the VOA was established, the rebels were told "they weren't welcome" in the new club. What I find exceptionally hilarious, is that a guy who you would think would be supremely tolerant (Randall) is one of the biggest poop stirrers...no pun intended.

V

VCA Forum Staff

Smith-

Sent you a PM, please feel free to post your comment (and it was valid) without the use of the actual ad, or link to the website, and you'd be within the forum rules.

Mopar Steve

Enthusiast
Reaction score
VCA Forum Staff:3248655 said:
Smith-

Sent you a PM, please feel free to post your comment (and it was valid) without the use of the actual ad, or link to the website, and you'd be within the forum rules.

Can't ask for more than that!

speedracervr4

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I emailed them and got no response. I could also not find that link on their website (I searched events) unless it was posted here. Maybe you're only invited if you bought a new Viper from Dodge/SRT at some point.

Paul Hawker

Enthusiast
Reaction score
This event is still several months away. With all the changes for the SRT brand, it will most likely take a while for it to be solidified.

It could be expanded, or even cancelled. They might put that money to use elsewhere, even in Motorsports.

We should give Dodge and SRT a chance to adjust to this new reality under Fiat. Lots of shifting going around in Detroit.

Even saw that Fiat plans to begin making 1/2 the world's Jeeps in South America. Lots of changes.

"Dodge is the American performance brand," Dodge chief Tim Kuniskis said. "This is not a new strategy. This is a purification of the brand."

Club should be super supportive of Dodge and SRT at these times.

XXX BLK

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I also worry that something sneaky is going on over there. I got the invitation to Detroit directly from SRT for their Open House and Viper Homecoming. They never said anything about a $500 fee and raffle car. I grew up in Detroit, and would love to come back home for this event, but would not want to walk into an inter-club rivalry. Could be very uncomfortable for everyone involved, including SRT.

They say that their door prize is not a raffle, but a door prize.

They said that their door prize is totally legal and on the up and up, but when pressed stated that only when you get there they will explain why the door prize is legal.

It reminds me of the Pelosi statement that you have to vote for the Health care act before the Senators could read it.

I am most concerned that since all their regional club presidents are Board of Directors, they may be personally responsible for any legal action that may befall the club. Would hope everyone over there has a clear understanding of how this can legally transpire.

According to the Michigan Department that regulates raffles...
Common misconceptions
“We are only giving away door prizes; we aren’t conducting a raffle.” If people are beingcharged to attend a function where (door) prizes will be awarded through a drawing, thenyou are conducting a raffle.
“We are conducting a 50/50, not a raffle.” Contrary to many people’s opinion, 50/50drawings are raffles. "

I am not sure that SRT will be providing their open house free of charge. If there is a fee, I would assume that either their club would pick up that charge in their package deal, or the attendees would be responsible for this additional charge when and if it is disclosed.

Worried that this whole thing is turning out to be a mess. Wish that club would just do everything on the up and up with full disclosure.

I remember when that club broke away, they were saying that one of the main reasons they needed to start up a new club was to assure "
transparency".

Everybody could use a bit more transparency right now on this SRT event.

Hope that maybe SRT could clear the air on all this. Hate for this to become a distraction for them when they need full attention and all hands on deck to keep the Viper sales successful.

Paul, you are a member with us (VOA) if you have any questions just make a post over there and you will get your answers. also just so you know the " Viper Homecoming" IS A VOA EVENT. YOU are telling people it's an SRT event. SRT is calling their event a SRT OPEN HOUSE. the facts are the two events are not completely the same nor is the SRT portion free. please don't delete and let other members see the truth and not lies that are being spreading around. I find it funny you (Paul) is so concerned.....Thank you, Adrian Byrd

Last edited:

Paul Hawker

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I tried posting to ask questions over on that site, and got jumped all over. Felt like they unleased a mob on me.

Might try again, to see if they have gotten a bit more civil.

Not sure I like being outed. What gives them the right?

XXX BLK

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I tried posting to ask questions over on that site, and got jumped all over. Felt like they unleased a mob on me.

Might try again, to see if they have gotten a bit more civil.

Not sure I like being outed. What gives them the right?

Send me your questions and i will get your answers and post up here. [email protected] I look forward to hearing from you.. but just so you know your post wasn't necessary because they only stir controversy and misinform folks. "IF" you got jumped all over which I doubt would be because people see your motive as I do now. PLEASE SEND ME THE POST WHERE YOU GOT JUMPED. As a true leader of any club we need less politics and more fun. Stop being an instigator and political. Let it go. I practice what I preach ask your president (Dan) or ViperJohn what type of guy I am.... again please don't delete the members need to see/hear facts..Adrian Byrd

Last edited:

XXX BLK

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Nsane1, once Paul personally send me his questions I will include your answers with his and post here so allcan see. I'm not going back and forward with email. Obvious Paul like what we are doing he paid like every other member to support our (VOA) club. Thank you, Adrian

and Paul can speak for himself and after I answer the questions be prepared to answer my questions and let the members see the truth.

Last edited:

XXX BLK

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Nsane1, if my statement was a attack I would tell you not by post but will call you and tell you what I have to say. Your board know I don't BS nor will I sit here and waste my time playing childish games. So note if I have something to say you and anyone else will know. I will answer all questions. I have yours now waiting on Paul but promise me and your members they won't get deleted.

Please keep all post up its time for the members to hear facts I have nothing to hide as what I will say is the truth.

Last edited:

Nsane1

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Thanks again Adrian, I've deleted my posts, I believe you got the questions, I don't want to be seen as contentious.

I believe we have the same goals, we want the Viper to continue, we want our members to have fun. As to the Paul being a member in another club question, we support our member's choice (and leaders) to do whatever they want, join any club they want. The clubs are similar, but different enough that joining both makes sense for some, so there is no reason to exclude/berate/ridicule anyone that makes a choice to join one, both, either, or none.

It is what it is, we are a small, and very passionate (and emotionally charged) group, we have a common goal, a bad ass car that needs to continue.

Greg

Free2go

Enthusiast
Reaction score
"After I finish my work out"...pfft. There are two teams: Team America and the Pink Team. There will always be those who like it "both ways".

XXX BLK

Enthusiast
Reaction score
"After I finish my work out"...pfft. There are two teams: Team America and the Pink Team. There will always be those who like it "both ways".

Free2Go, the only thing I can say to that is you are probably a great guy and a fun guy to hang with. I yet to meet a Viper owner that's not cool. so with that said let me get back to my workout.

Free2Go, I hate to admit it but I was lmao after I read your post and read mine again. Thanks for the laugh "Good One"

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SDViper