Wow, srt homecoming open to all past and present owners, not exclusive

Fangs10

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Like I said in the other thread, So they are charging 500 bucks for what some of us did a year ago for the cost of our membership?

I don't come here much as I hate to see grown men bicker like politicians.

Wait a second did I read it right that it's 550 bucks for a guest too? So now I would be paying 1,100 for something I did last year for the cost of a membership minus the "door prize" and food?

Last edited:

Free2go

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Man I'm sorry. Didn't mean to interrupt your Hot Yoga workout.

Free2go

Enthusiast
Reaction score
"The VOA personifies American values and a wholesome way of life".

Signed,
Uncle Paul
VOA Moderator

ViperJohn

Enthusiast
Reaction score
While I will often not pass up an opportunity for a good laugh, let's please try to keep this on topic.

XXX BLK

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I'll vouch for Adrian. He is a top notch guy in my book.

Thanks John, hope all is well with you and the family. If you are in my area let me know and we can meet up and I will do the same. Also let me know when your Crabfest/feast is maybe me and the wife will drive down.

Last edited:

Bobpantax

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Since SRT, as a brand, is gone and SRT is being consolidated into the Dodge brand with the Chrysler 300 SRT cancelled, isn't this thread partially moot at this point? At least with respect to the title?

Has anyone from the VOA, the VCA or VA reached out to confirm whether or not the SRT part of this is being continued by Dodge? Shouldn't that be the first step?

Nsane1

Enthusiast
Reaction score
This thread is making me chuckle, for a number of reasons:
1) Free always cracks me up, at first I thought he was a ****, now I've figured out he has the same weird sense of humor I do, and he means no real harm, so I laugh my butt off when he chimes in
2) The work out video is awesome, I'm going to post the real work out video we should be using: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sp7hTuLoog0
3) We have reached out to our extensive contacts within Chrysler/Fiat to get more information, and to lend a hand. As you guys know, as one of the largest Mopar dealers, we have quite a bit of sway in the broader corporation, as well as a LOT of history and contacts at all levels around the company (and in Dodge proper).

Bobpantax

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Great video Greg. I am no expert but Mike sure looks like he has the stuff good drivers are made of.

ViperJohn

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Thanks John, hope all is well with you and the family. If you are in my area let me know and we can meet up and I will do the same. Also let me know when your Crabfest/feast is maybe me and the wife will drive down.

It's Saturday June 21st. We would love to have you guys again.

Free2go

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Hahaha...that was a grotesquely interesting work out video. He conveniently left out the bucket of chicken "post workout" meal. Yes, back to Vipers and take my postings with a grain of salt. I am currently browsing the interwebs and contemplating the purchase of a well worn Viper I can set up to track and destroy...something I can afford to lose. No way in hell I'd track my 96....stay tuned.

johniew398

Enthusiast
Reaction score
You guys have no clue what's going on at the VOA, so stop the guesswork and twisting of information AGAIN. Everything is fully transparent at the VOA. $500 is for VOA members which includes meals, riverboat, door prize tickets, and more. The fee has nothing to do with any of the SRT activities....relax.

Oh, we have a clue. I saw where some were trying to ask questions on their website about the legality of the "door prize." They said they would answer those questions at the event and in other cases said people had no right to be asking the questions. They deleted my post and probably others. WRONG My mistake - Someone said something and I went back looking for my post and didn't find it. I made a bad assumption that my post had been deleted. Apologies.

So much for transparency by the new club. Seems as though all that is activities those including Randall complained about previously.

You can't say everything is fully transparent at the VOA and here's why: if everything was transparent there wouldn't have been any problem with members asking questions about how they determined having a door prize instead of a raffle had been checked out. A transparent board would have said something like: The State of Michigan says an organization "Should obtain a license" even for awarding door prizes. We determined we didn't need to do that and the following letter, email, summary of a phone call, etc. with the Michigan Attorney General's Office confirmed we don't have to have a raffle license.

THAT IS TRANSPARENCY - not hiding behind, 1) you have no right to be asking those questions and 2) we will explain everything at the event.

Last edited:

speedracervr4

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Oh, we have a clue. I saw where some were trying to ask questions on their website about the legality of the "door prize." They said they would answer those questions at the event and in other cases said people had no right to be asking the questions. They deleted my post and probably others.

So much for transparency by the new club. Seems as though all that is activities those including Randall complained about previously.

You can't say everything is fully transparent at the VOA and here's why: if everything was transparent there wouldn't have been any problem with members asking questions about how they determined having a door prize instead of a raffle had been checked out. A transparent board would have said something like: The State of Michigan says an organization "Should obtain a license" even for awarding door prizes. We determined we didn't need to do that and the following letter, email, summary of a phone call, etc. with the Michigan Attorney General's Office confirmed we don't have to have a raffle license.

THAT IS TRANSPARENCY - not hiding behind, 1) you have no right to be asking those questions and 2) we will explain everything at the event.

I'm pretty sure the MEMBERS who were asking about the door prize issue were PMd the details, I could be wrong.

Free2go

Enthusiast
Reaction score
No transparency, deleting posts, complete disregard for the laws of the great state of Michigan that gave birth to the Viper. And there is no "America" anywhere to be found in the acronym VOA. Hmmm...

TrackAire

Enthusiast
Reaction score
No transparency, deleting posts, complete disregard for the laws of the great state of Michigan that gave birth to the Viper. And there is no "America" anywhere to be found in the acronym VOA. Hmmm...

"And there is no "America" anywhere to be found in the acronym VOA. Hmmm..."

Seeing as there are Viper owners in Canada, Japan, Europe, etc....I can see the need for a global club name. Kind of makes sense.

Nsane1

Enthusiast
Reaction score
HAHA, we currently have members in Australia, Japan, Germany, Switzerland, the UAE, all of CA, etc etc and have for 15 years...

I don't think anyone cares about the name very much, it's more about what it represents, "a" "o" "c" whatever, it spells Viper.

plumcrazy

Enthusiast
Reaction score

free2go, please show me where posts were deleted. please !

Free2go

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I don't have a clue Uncle Paul. The guy said he had his post deleted and I just ran with it...

Nsane1

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Man this thread is like a coming out party. And snap, 16k posts!? Dayum.

But how does one prove a deleted post? Kind of like proving a negative, the thing don't exist no more. I've had my fair share of posts deleted at some ahem "other" viper establishments, I don't go around taking screen shots of my posts, plus, then I'd be outed on this outing thread. So, ummm, prove to me there are no other universes please...

Fatboy 18

Enthusiast
Reaction score
It's good that SRT is having a Homecoming and inviting any Viper owner to attend.
I don't think SRT would care who turns up...They want to sell cars and promote product ...Period. Now if another car club or clubs wishes to add on their own events around this, Fine. And from what I can see, it has been made perfectly clear what those events are costing.

plumcrazy

Enthusiast
Reaction score
WRONG My mistake - Someone said something and I went back looking for my post and didn't find it. I made a bad assumption that my post had been deleted. Apologies.

no problem, fair enough. I just know very little to nothing gets deleted on that site and the few that did in the past were my mistakes LOL Its all good !

MoparMap

VCA National President
VCA Officer
Reaction score
I'm pretty sure the MEMBERS who were asking about the door prize issue were PMd the details, I could be wrong.

Why wouldn't they just come out and say it to everyone asking though? Seems silly to keep things so hush hush if it's not supposed to be a big deal. I'd think you'd ruffle more feathers by not saying anything after last year's VCA raffle ordeal.