Wow, srt homecoming open to all past and present owners, not exclusive

AZTVR

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Why wouldn't they just come out and say it to everyone asking though? Seems silly to keep things so hush hush if it's not supposed to be a big deal. I'd think you'd ruffle more feathers by not saying anything after last year's VCA raffle ordeal.

I read a couple of posts on the VOA forum where one of the board members did post that the door prize is legal and legitimate; and, another one stated that the door prize has been vetted through the MI Attorney General. These responses are much more than "not saying anything".

MoparMap

VCA National President
VCA Officer
Reaction score
Fair enough, I haven't really perused their forums, so my fault for being lazy. Just sounded like some people have checked with MI and not found any record even though others are saying they've gone through the proper channels. Could just be a delay in paperwork too. I'm not taking part anyway, so I guess it really doesn't matter to me, just a curiosity.

Bobpantax

Enthusiast
Reaction score
SRT sent out an email months ago before the SRT Brand was eliminated asking who would like to attend. It went to all Viper owners signed up to receive emails. Despite what it said there has been no followup email by SRT or Dodge. It is my understanding that as of 6/14, the subject matter of the Homecoming was still with Dodge managment for approval. I hope that we read something from Dodge soon since it is getting pretty late to arrange to go there.

Also, since the plant reopened to process remaining orders for 2014 vehicles this past Monday and the 2015 order book has not opened for dealers, I wonder whether the plant will be open on the date of the Homecoming and, if so, what will be there to see.

Dirk Pitt

Enthusiast
Reaction score
SRT sent out an email months ago before the SRT Brand was eliminated asking who would like to attend. It went to all Viper owners signed up to receive emails.

Was this e-mail sent to DODGE Viper owners or SRT Viper owners? Dodge used to do a good job communicating with and cultivating their Viper ownership community. That behavior disappeared long ago and I have to believe it contributes in some way to the disappointing sales performance of the Viper in general.

Bobpantax

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I believe it was sent to any Viper owner who had signed up with the SRT site who provided an email address. It was an invite to all Viper owners whether club affiliated or not. It is odd that it is now June 27th and we have heard nothing.

Bobpantax

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I did too and it was legit because I recently confirmed same. I was told today that "they will have something out shortly".

Coloviper

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Haven't been here in a while, but appalled by the approach and comments being made here in this thread. Still haven't moved on it appears. I do frequent the other club and there is simply no talk of VCA over there except when VCA emails went put to their members in regards to VOI13. I received one and file 32'd it into the delete folder without another thought.

Guys this is very desperate Behavior and just down right distasteful. Their Homecoming event will be well received, enjoyed and attended. Your VOI13 event will be enjoyed by your members. Is that not good enough? What is your point?

Not sure how this conduct helps Viper, Dodge nor attract people to your club? Seems par for the course for Kansas types though but then again what do you expect of people who do not believe in the theory of evolution. Just disappointing after all this time? Door prize is completely legal and I do plan on enjoying the LE when I win it next month.

Bobpantax

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Coloviper. You are a bit confused. The recent posts (post 62 on) have nothing to do with the VOA functions or the VOA. SRT sent out its own invitation to Viper owners by email. That is what is being discussed now. Your post is inappropriate.

Coloviper

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Inappropriate? Bob grow up! I responded on the fact your Kansas boy wants to discredit the validity and legal aspect of the Homecoming Door Prize. As well as knocking down any value to their event.This tolerated VCA behavior is tasteless and unprofessional. Just go your way and let them go their way.Respond with your usually post numbering, etc as well as twisting of what is said or intended.My point if my original response was that it is grossly inappropriate to make comments on the other club or their event when you have zero facts in order to discredit and cause harm.I visit here from time to time hoping to see a healthy, happy fun club that I might want to join again in the future. Never going to happen if this type if low down talk and attitude is still allowed to persist.Hopefully in the future it will change. Your usual behavior and words twisting sure doesn't help Bob.

AZTVR

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Inappropriate? Bob grow up! I responded on the fact your Kansas boy wants to discredit the validity and legal aspect of the Homecoming Door Prize. As well as knocking down any value to their event.This tolerated VCA behavior is tasteless and unprofessional. Just go your way and let them go their way.Respond with your usually post numbering, etc as well as twisting of what is said or intended.My point if my original response was that it is grossly inappropriate to make comments on the other club or their event when you have zero facts in order to discredit and cause harm.I visit here from time to time hoping to see a healthy, happy fun club that I might want to join again in the future. Never going to happen if this type if low down talk and attitude is still allowed to persist.Hopefully in the future it will change. Your usual behavior and words twisting sure doesn't help Bob.

I think the point was that Bob for one, posted early in this thread that it was inappropriate for this kind of thread, commenting on hearsay and innuendo of the other club. I would guess that he, like me was glad to see the animostic posting (yeah, I just made up that adverb) petered out, and its unfortunate that someone has opened up the conversation a month and a half later. I understand your desire to keep the *** boiling, though. I thought that the accusations were unfounded; but, it seems folks are hungry for conspiracy theories.

Bobpantax

Enthusiast
Reaction score
You obviously have nothing postive to contribute. Your post 69 clearly indicates that you did not give everyone who posted the courtesy of reading the whole thread - particluarly my posts. SEE POST NUMBER 10.

Please move on. Just about everybody but you has. Want to support the Viper? Buy a Gen V. Drive it. Post about it.

The VCA is doing well. If you had taken the time to study the site activity more carefully you would have seen that negative posting about the other club has been discouraged for quite some time. We all have friends who are members of both clubs.

Now back to the discussion about the SRT email.

Here is the SRT link for those who may not have seen it. http://www.drivesrt.com/viper-homecoming.html

Last edited:

Bobpantax

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Good news! The email came a little while ago. Limited availability. First come first served. I just signed up and paid. $125.00.

Here is what is included:

FRIDAY, July 18, 2014
9:00 a.m. Conner Ave Assembly Plant self guided tours begin
11:00 a.m. – 1:00 p.m. Lunch will be served under the tent at Conner
3:00 p.m. Conner will close
6:00 p.m. Arrival at Walter P. Chrysler Museum
7:00 p.m. Strolling dinner at Walter P. Chrysler Museum
SATU RDAY, July 19, 2014
1:00 p.m. Tours begin departing for Prefix
(assigned groups will be stated on credentials)
A list of items to do around the Southeast Michigan
area will be given in registration packet
SUNDAY, JULY 20, 2014
10:00 a.m. Arrival at Chelsea for driving activities
11:00 a.m. – 1:00 p.m. Lunch – assigned time will be given to driving groups
4:00 p.m. Driving activities end at Chelsea
O P E N H O U S E
July18-20, 2014
O P E N H O U S E
July18-20,

Bobpantax

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Everyone who responded to the original email from SRT should have received it but if someone did not respond to that email affirmatively, then they probably did not get this one. At any rate the data is at DriveSRT.com/openhouse

Bobpantax

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Coloviper might want to speak with Randall,the Membership Director, at the VOA. Here are Randall's posts in response to Paul's post regarding SRT's gracious invitation. He is doing exactly what Coloviper described in his post 69 above.
  • 1 Hour Ago

daytonprowler
    You must be registered for see images attach

Randall Arnold
    VOA National Membership Director
    VOA Mamba Member
    Ohio
    You must be registered for see images
    Join DateOct 2013LocationOhio - FloridaPosts923

Originally Posted by Uncle Paul

Great second chance for those who missed out on the early Homecoming package deal.

SRT is offering a package directly from them...$125.

Also looks limited, so again...first come first served.

I see that BobP from the other club is attending on the SRT package you mention above. Are you attending also? I'm looking forward to meeting both of you. Hope you bring along Lee and Dan too. Maurice and I never got a chance to say goodbye. : )​

Last edited by daytonprowler; 52 Minutes Ago at 06:47 PM.​
    That’s all I kept—a Woodie (K car convertible) and a Viper. ~ Lee Iacocca
    The real secret of success is enthusiasm. ~
    Walter P. Chrysler
    Randall Arnold [email protected]

• 8 Minutes Ago

daytonprowler

Randall Arnold
    VOA National Membership Director
    VOA Mamba Member
    Ohio
    You must be registered for see images
    Join DateOct 2013LocationOhio - FloridaPosts923

And Uncle Paul, before I forget... would one of you please bring me my last four issues of the VCA's Viper Magazine. For some reason I have not gotten those. Thin as they may be, I paid for them. I know the "new" VCA would not cheat even a former member out of something they paid for. Thank you.

PS - bring two copies of the last one , Alex didn't get his sixth magazine.

Last edited:

Nsane1

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Wow, a smokin deal at $125. Thanks to Dodge for this one, please show your support and attend if you can, at $125 not much reason not to (if you have the time of course).

Greg
P.S. If Randall didn't receive his magazines, please direct him (and Alex) to support@ or the 800 #. There are a few who's letter carriers seem to take them, Randall is on the list to get one, even like Maurice, he's right he's entitled to his mags, but not to any special treatment...

It's amazing how many letter carriers abscond with these, we simply provide a list to the publisher with nearly 4k names and addresses, it's not hard to execute (we don't so it, we just send a file, heck modififying it is a pain it the butt), so we don't delete those that we might otherwaise "want" to, so I can't explain it frankly. The net savings on deleting 2 mags is like .40, and we know THOSE would be the most vocal, so no reason, politically, or financially, to "cheat" anyone out of a mag.

Coloviper

Enthusiast
Reaction score
No Bob, I will speak with whoever I want at VOA, I don't need you to direct me to do anything. VOA has been 100% transparent from day one as has Randall.Once again the "wordsmith master" deflects again. My point as I have stated again and again is the apparently VCA supported attempt here to discredit the. VOA event and the door prize; your responses have not addressed a single issue I mentioned. Your responses just further exemplify this behavior. Is this what your members want to see? Does this behavior increase membership and help out the brand? My point which is crystal clear Bob, is move on and grow up. The other club and it's members have moved on and you should too, if you can!The best part of the VOA event is 3/4 of it is private events to VOA members ONLY. It cost much more than the SRT public event but it is so worth it to pay the extra money knowing we do not have to put up with the negativity and discrediting attitudes being expressed here nor the malicious people doing it. At least for 3/4 of the event.Maybe you need to worry more about yourself than ordering people around like you are. You have zero clue as the what I have on order with SRT or anything about me. I suggest you focus on yourself to make the VCA better than constantly throwing darts at the other club, Randall or it 'a members and events. It is just tasteless and so transparent.

Bobpantax

Enthusiast
Reaction score
The only one undermining any thing is you. Your posts are negative and, even now, even after reading Randall's posts, insult the VCA, its members, and, by inference, SRT and Dodge by minimizing the value of the wonderful event put together by Dodge and SRT. I think what they did is great and applaud them for doing it.

There is nothing wrong with either club. The Viper can use all the support it can get.

There is something wrong with posts like Randall's shown above. His posts on VA are much worse. You know that.

Randall has certainly not "moved on". It is surprising to me that the VOA Board, a group of dedicated Viperphiles, allow the behavior on the part of their Membership Director. A Membership Director is not just some isolated club member. Randall's behavior discredits the VOA more than any negative post by an isolated VCA member.

I wish you well. See you in Detroit.

Last edited:

MoparMap

VCA National President
VCA Officer
Reaction score

You're still on the location thing? That's really pretty unfair to judge anyone by where they happen to call home and what local club they belong to. I was down in Texas at the ALMS race last year and got along with everyone there just fine and made some awesome new friends. The club politics don't really bother me a bit, I just don't like people trying to discredit my friends.

I wasn't trying to discredit any legality of the door prize either, I was just asking if anyone had any legal documentation regarding it since some said they did and some said they didn't. With the huge VCA debacle on the last raffle car I figured the VOA would have all their papers up front and ready to go for anyone who asked regarding legality. I'm not claming the door prize is illegal, I'm asking if it is or not based on what proof can be shown. You can tell me it's legal all day long, but that doesn't mean it is. I can tell you I'm a millionaire just the same, but without bank statements or wads of cash I can't prove it. However, as I also stated I'm not taking part in the Homecoming anyway, so in the long run it doesn't really matter to me, I was just trying to ask for others.

Flying Viper

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Wow, I can go to the Homecoming for $125.00 as oposed to the, near $500.00 the VOA was charging.

Glad I was late in signing up.

Thank You SRT it should be great.

AZTVR

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Wow, I can go to the Homecoming for $125.00 as oposed to the, near $500.00 the VOA was charging.

Not the same activities involved for the two different prices. Apples and Oranges. But, if you are short on funds, or have narrower or more specific interests, then, the SRT-only event certainly seems worth it.

Bobpantax

Enthusiast
Reaction score
The VOA-exclusive activities include a cruise to a German-themed town, a Riverboat cruise, a group photo, a strolling dinner with past and present Team Viper members, a new twist on goodie bags, and a grand finale dinner where an attendee will leave with a brand new 2013 Viper GTS Launch Edition. The $495 entry fee includes breakfasts, lunches, and dinners during the event, as well as a door prize ticket. Perhaps more since the foregoing data is from a May 3, 2014 VOA post.

I assume that the strolling dinner is the same strolling dinner which is on Friday at 7PM at the museum which is part of the SRT package.

Here again is what is included in the SRT package for $125.00:

FRIDAY, July 18, 2014
9:00 a.m. Conner Ave Assembly Plant self guided tours begin
11:00 a.m. – 1:00 p.m. Lunch will be served under the tent at Conner
3:00 p.m. Conner will close
6:00 p.m. Arrival at Walter P. Chrysler Museum
7:00 p.m. Strolling dinner at Walter P. Chrysler Museum
SATURDAY, July 19, 2014
1:00 p.m. Tours begin departing for Prefix
(assigned groups will be stated on credentials)
A list of items to do around the Southeast Michigan
area will be given in registration packet
SUNDAY, JULY 20, 2014
10:00 a.m. Arrival at Chelsea for driving activities
11:00 a.m. – 1:00 p.m. Lunch – assigned time will be given to driving groups
4:00 p.m. Driving activities end at Chelsea
O P E N H O U S E
July18-20, 2014
O P E N H O U S E
July18-20,

Last edited:

ROCKET62

Has Left the Room!
Reaction score
Been a while since I've been on either web site ..... bickering threads / posts like this one and the one on the other web site are perfect examples why I visit less and have joined neither.

Free2go

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Been a while since I've been on either web site ..... bickering threads / posts like this one and the one on the other web site are perfect examples why I visit less and have joined neither.

Posts like this are perfect examples of excuses people use who have no intention whatsoever of EVER joining either site monetarily yet enjoy the opportunity to post their opinions free of charge and still think they can exert some sort of "boycott control" over someone else's post.