Wrecked 99 GTS ACR for Sale

KNG SNKE

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Not much I can control in that matter about applying views and values, I am a military person and I hold all of my peers, subordinates and friends to the same standard. Even if it sent a message that he undervalued his car at the time he said 15k for his car and I agreed to the price I see it as good to go, especially since the response was sent to me saying I have precedence after the insurance part is fixed, that tells me were good to go. There were multiple emails and attempts to contact reiterating my intentions to buy the car and that I just needed the info on how he wanted to arrange the money transfer, etc.

By the way I never said he was a bad person. I am aware he has a lot on his plate at the moment with his car situation and family.

Last edited:

RPHJR

Enthusiast
Reaction score
KNG : My two cents: Don't apply your sense of values to others so closely. Meaning, just because someone doesn't follow your rules exactly doesn't make them a "bad" person, unless they rip you off. Of course it is your decision on who to deal with. The rules you are talking about aren't written or even universally unwritten rules. You learned them either through your parents or friends or whatever. He is applying his values and background. They may be slightly different. He asked 15k. You offered 11K, then came up to 15k. Did that send him a message that he undervalued his car?

I read a lot of guys on this forum quibbling over a vendor charging $20 more than another vendor on a 1000 item. They chase the best price. The seller here probably is chasing the same thing and didn't consider emails to be a binding contract like a man-to-man voice conversation is. He didn't think that you were morally bound to buy and he to sell. Maybe why no actual conversation was arranged.

VERY well said AZTVR. I could not agree with that statement more. Its been a very bizarre (at best) situation with this car. I think he was ready and waiting for a $48,000 check, that (of course) never came. So, Im sure he's just looking to recoup as much as possible from the sale. Moral of the story, don't over-improve a salvage title car, or ay car, for that matter.

But it sound like (at this point) you guys have a deal, and the you are now the one looking for an out....?? (No offense)

Buy the car.... end of story. $15k is not much money these days.

KNG SNKE

Enthusiast
Reaction score
But it sound like (at this point) you guys have a deal, and the you are now the one looking for an out....?? (No offense)

Buy the car.... end of story. $15k is not much money these days.

Really, it sounds that way? How can I be looking for an out when I said my offer was no good any more publicly due to the fact he tried to sell it out from under me?

"I want 15k", "I got 15k", "You have precedence", "I have another buyer for 15750 even though I told you 15k", "My offer is no good now if your other buyer falls through because you tried to sell after you got offered what you wanted". Yeah, thats me looking for an out. Kind of hard to look for an out when you were pushed out.

RPHJR

Enthusiast
Reaction score
So because he had a lapse in judgement, you dont want the car anymore? really? To be honest, the lowball offer of $11k would have completely pissed me off, and turned me off from the beginning. there is easily $15k of parts on this car. We all know it.

Listen, do what ever makes you guys happy. I just figured you would be happy and satisfied now that he has accepted your offer. Guess I was wrong. Hope it all works out.

Moodie

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Now that I am back from church! My 2cents

I am totally on your side King Snake I have been in your exact situation. actually on both sides of this fence. The seller discounted your offer when he was looking for more money. The only mistake was telling you that "You have precedence". from the sellers stand point I can see in this economy trying to get every penny on the sale. I also think that AZTVR has a valid point with the man to man conversation. I do not think that PM's and email hold as much value as a phone conversation.

Ultimately you need to do what you feel is right.

KNG SNKE

Enthusiast
Reaction score
So because he had a lapse in judgement, you dont want the car anymore? really? To be honest, the lowball offer of $11k would have completely pissed me off, and turned me off from the beginning. there is easily $15k of parts on this car. We all know it.

Listen, do what ever makes you guys happy. I just figured you would be happy and satisfied now that he has accepted your offer. Guess I was wrong. Hope it all works out.

I have been talking to him via PM in regards to this and figuring the outcome. I absolutely would like to have the car, that has been known.

I am aware of the POTENTIAL parts value of the car. I am not a Viper parts guy, I am not an organization, I don't strip or rebuild cars for a living. The 11k offer was to open the lines of communication. To get mad and ********** over an offer is silly regardless whether its 1 dollar or 1 million dollars. We all know you will get lowball offers on everything, and sometimes you will actually get something at that lowball offer. At that time that was what I personally was willing to spend. The fact that my buddy contacted me after I expressed interest in the car and said he wants the Roe is what made me available to go to the 15k. Your more then welcome to go through everything you are interested in and offer top dollar for it but it will get you no where. Any person on here who parts Vipers out will tell you that 11k is in the ballpark of what they would pay (actually it has been confirmed to be less from 3 viper parts guys on the phone). You have to figure in time to strip, time parts are going to sit around and or time and cost to repair the car if you go that route. The ONLY reason I'm willing to go 15 is because my buddy wants the Roe.

On a side note if my car was completely stock and I was in this position this car would easily be worth the full 15k for me since I would just swap parts over to my own vehicle.

PittsburghRT

Enthusiast
Reaction score
KNG SNKE,

Tell him to stick that car up his you know where and move on! I hate when people play these games, epecially over a couple hundred bucks.

KNG SNKE

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I just got off the phone with him. He seems to be a very nice person and was overwhelmed with people trying to buy the car. He said he was unsure who was serious about it and who wasn't. We have come to an agreement on the vehicle and just waiting for the insurance company to figure out how that portion of it is going to pan out. My intentions are to buy the car and fully inspect it to see if I am capable of rebuilding it and if not I will part it out and keep some things.

evomind

Viper Owner
Reaction score
I just got off the phone with him. He seems to be a very nice person and was overwhelmed with people trying to buy the car. He said he was unsure who was serious about it and who wasn't. We have come to an agreement on the vehicle and just waiting for the insurance company to figure out how that portion of it is going to pan out. My intentions are to buy the car and fully inspect it to see if I am capable of rebuilding it and if not I will part it out and keep some things.

IF you get it and IF you part it out, and IF you dont need the shocks, let me know.

coupe

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Likewise... if you part it out... since the driver's door looks bad, I need the rear-run channel, which is the weather strip that runs up along back of window sealing it from the door-handle stanchion.

See it here:

photo.JPG

Thanks in advance. :)

BlackSnake99

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Late back to this thread.

As the now very happy and soon to be supercharged friend, I can say that John's version of the story is ABSOLUTELY accurate. I saw every message and was there every step of the way. I can second the fact that John is a stand up guy who is true to his word (even though he called me old). I would do business with him again in a heartbeat.

Oh and Coupe..... I claimed the driver's door stanchion as part of the deal.....

plumcrazy

Enthusiast
Reaction score
KNG, if you part it out, keep me in mind for some silver parts if any left (front fascia) and i think i might need a steering rack too.

aloushi

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Kng Snke, If you end up rebuilding it I'll give you $20k for that yellow one parked out front :) just a starting point, $20k is still alot of money...

KNG SNKE

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Thanks for the kind words, though you are "old". After talking to Synful he did seem like a stand up guy who became overwhelmed with the response to the vehicle. He said he is a man of his word and started confusing who wrote what and who was seriously interested in the vehicle. We have come to an agreement and are on the insurance company's time currently. I want to rebuild the car and I have a good lead on all of the panels but I don't think I possess the capability and the expense would be very high for me to force it back together. I will however use some of the stuff on my car and the rest most likely will be sold. I do appreciate him being a stand up guy and standing by his word.

Aloushi, if I can rebuild it it will be a track car for me. NO WAY would I sell the Yellow Beauty. Throw another 80k on your offer and I'd consider it. I do understand why you want it though, yellow, obvious upgrade to red.

aloushi

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Aloushi, if I can rebuild it it will be a track car for me. NO WAY would I sell the Yellow Beauty. Throw another 80k on your offer and I'd consider it. I do understand why you want it though, yellow, obvious upgrade to red.

mine is actually graphite but yes I definitely agree about yellow being superior to red... :pile: I can do an extra $80k for it, I'm sure it's well worth it, just need you to finance me for the next 30 years on a fixed 2.75%

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Tom R