WTB 19" 5 Spoke OEM Wheel (No "Alcoa Forged DB"Stamping)

BJG32

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I am looking for 1 Dodge Viper wheel Used/Refurbished in good condition. PM me if you have one you are willing to sell. If the price is right I'll buy 2 if you have them!

Rear Wheel 19" 5 spoke. Has SRT stamped on one spoke, but does not have "ALCOA FORGED DB" stamped on the lip.

Thanks
You must be registered for see images attach

Last edited:

bluesrt

Enthusiast
Reaction score
did you try ebay? every now n then you can snag a deal on one there

OP
OP
B

BJG32

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I did. There is one on there that I plan on snagging next week... The other listed is stamped with Alcoa Forged which doesn't match the fronts I have. Thanks....

ACRucrazy

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I didn't realize they had different wheels, were they used in different years?

OP
OP
B

BJG32

Enthusiast
Reaction score
2010 has a "Alcoa Forged DB" stamping near on the polished part of the wheel, near the lip. This is jsut like the "SRT" stamp and is visible when installed on the car....

I believe this was done on the 2010 wheels only....somebody can correct me if I am wrong...

see picture...

You must be registered for see images attach

SSGNRDZ_28

Enthusiast
Reaction score
The DB indicates Alcoa durabright coating instead of clear coat. I have a set in the classifieds but can't break it up. Good luck.

swexlin

Viper Owner
Reaction score
I have my one with the bad rash (gouge) on it. If I had already had it repaired, I think we could have worked a deal. Just haven't gotten around to having it fixed up yet. By the way, contact Jerry at Viper Parts of America. He was able to track one down for me. Excellent customer service.

OP
OP
B

BJG32

Enthusiast
Reaction score
The DB indicates Alcoa durabright coating instead of clear coat. I have a set in the classifieds but can't break it up. Good luck.
I watched your set sell on EBay? Buyer not pull through?....wish I had known.... Do yours say 'alcoaAlcoa DB'? If not PM me an offer and I may buy your set.

Darth Menace

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I have watched viper wheels on ebay and I have yet to see a good deal. Am i missing something here? Maybe searching something wrong?

SSGNRDZ_28

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I watched your set sell on EBay? Buyer not pull through?....wish I had known.... Do yours say 'alcoaAlcoa DB'? If not PM me an offer and I may buy your set.

Yes, apparently there are some shady people bidding on eBay wheels... Mine do not say DB as they are 2008.

impalassed

Viper Owner
Reaction score
I bought a wheel I needed from one of the Viper "parts recyclers". Can be finished or unfinished as in my case since I wanted to powder coat. Don't pass them over. Bet they have what you want.

OP
OP
B

BJG32

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I have a set with the stamping Alcoa, from my 2010. What exactly kind of coating is the durabright? is it clear powder ??? Thanks

from Alcoa's website...

"Dura-Bright® is not a coating, but a surface treatment that penetrates the aluminum and becomes an integral part of the wheel. It will not chip, crack, peel or corrode, like conventional coatings do. These wheels do not need polishing. Regular washing with soap and water will keep them shiny, even after hundreds of washes and thousands of miles."

OP
OP
B

BJG32

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I bought a wheel I needed from one of the Viper "parts recyclers". Can be finished or unfinished as in my case since I wanted to powder coat. Don't pass them over. Bet they have what you want.

They are kind of the ones who got me into this mess.... X2 Builders said they had 9 rear wheels available on an EBay auction. Seeing this I bought 2 front wheels from another vendor and then purchased 2 rear from X2. They contacted me later and said they don't have any....my other wheels were already on there way and now I am stuck with 2 front wheels (unless I pay shipping and 20% restocking). X2 does have one full set of Alcoa stamped wheels, but they won't trade me fronts and sell me the backs. They are 30 minutes from me so it would have been an easy exchange....oh well.

That being said I have contacted all the viper specific stores and only 2 have responded thus far...

OP
OP
B

BJG32

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I have my one with the bad rash (gouge) on it. If I had already had it repaired, I think we could have worked a deal. Just haven't gotten around to having it fixed up yet. By the way, contact Jerry at Viper Parts of America. He was able to track one down for me. Excellent customer service.

Sent you PM.

OP
OP
B

BJG32

Enthusiast
Reaction score
thanks everyone. I have 2 fronts in hand. Just looking for rears at this point.....

OP
OP
B

BJG32

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Still looking. Damaged repairable is ok too. Just send me a photo and your price.....

OP
OP
B

BJG32

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Found one. Have fun anybody else looking for these suckers.... After contacting 23 vendors/wheel stores, I have completed my set. That sucked, but patience got me a great deal. Full set in perfect refurbed condition for $1825 all in.

VPA charges almost that much for 1 new one!!! Midwest Wheel wants $950 shipped per refurbed wheel, X2 builders wants $2600 plus shipping for a refurbed set. Look around and be patient!

I'll also add that 3 people tried to send me the wrong wheel (ACR style twice and ALCOA once) make them send you a picture or you'll have restocking/shipping charges. All 3 stores aforementiond thought I was idiot and they were sure they had the right wheel....I had to beg them to check their email for what I was looking for. Over all I wasn't impressed with the intelligence level of some of these wheel guys.

Paul at Don Scharf Automotive knows his stuff though.

Good day......

swexlin

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Found one. Have fun anybody else looking for these suckers.... After contacting 23 vendors/wheel stores, I have completed my set. That sucked, but patience got me a great deal. Full set in perfect refurbed condition for $1825 all in.

VPA charges almost that much for 1 new one!!! Midwest Wheel wants $950 shipped per refurbed wheel, X2 builders wants $2600 plus shipping for a refurbed set. Look around and be patient!

I'll also add that 3 people tried to send me the wrong wheel (ACR style twice and ALCOA once) make them send you a picture or you'll have restocking/shipping charges. All 3 stores aforementiond thought I was idiot and they were sure they had the right wheel....I had to beg them to check their email for what I was looking for. Over all I wasn't impressed with the intelligence level of some of these wheel guys.

Paul at Don Scharf Automotive knows his stuff though.

Good day......

Great to hear Ben. You see why I'm eager to keep my damaged (repairable) as a spare. Pics after you get them mounted!

Scott

OP
OP
B

BJG32

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Great to hear Ben. You see why I'm eager to keep my damaged (repairable) as a spare. Pics after you get them mounted!

Scott

Can't blame me for trying! FYI I got another response on the repair of yours. They thought there may be too much material missing to make it look right. Apparently they have to weld in aluminum and too big of a hunk will stand out. Nobody could say for certain without looking at it. You might consider getting it looked at/refurbed before you need it. If nothing else you can sell it later! Just an FYI.

swexlin

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Can't blame me for trying! FYI I got another response on the repair of yours. They thought there may be too much material missing to make it look right. Apparently they have to weld in aluminum and too big of a hunk will stand out. Nobody could say for certain without looking at it. You might consider getting it looked at/refurbed before you need it. If nothing else you can sell it later! Just an FYI.

Thanks Ben. I'm not too concerned about making it look "perfect". Just not so obvious, LOL!!

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rmoore8950