www.drivesrt.com website updated . . .

rcl4668

Enthusiast
Reaction score
to include MSRP pricing and a car "configurator" to see what the car will look like with various options and final pricing.

/Rich

OP
OP
R

rcl4668

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Just played around with the configurator a bit and a few interesting things. First, Viper GTS Blue, Viper Red, Black appear to be no cost exterior colors. Other colors are $600.

I tried to configure the car as I have ordered it (Viper GTS Blue convertible with blue/black inteior) and it told me that blue/black is not available with the blue. I really hope this is just a glitch in the configurator.

It also describes the standard radio head unit as a single CD unit.

Like I said, I hope that this is just the "first draft" of the configurator. Anyone know for sure whether the blue/black interior is in fact available with the Viper GTS Blue?

/Rich

OP
OP
R

rcl4668

Enthusiast
Reaction score
In fact, I checked to see which colors were available with the blue/black interior and the only color that worked was the lighter Viper (B5) Blue. Again, this does not seem right as the blue/black two-tone interior seems like more of a match to the darker Viper GTS blue, not the lighter Viper B5 Blue. Also, why couldn't you get the blue interior with a black car? Strange . . .

/Rich

Vipermann

Viper Owner
Reaction score
In fact, I checked to see which colors were available with the blue/black interior and the only color that worked was the lighter Viper (B5) Blue. Again, this does not seem right as the blue/black two-tone interior seems like more of a match to the darker Viper GTS blue, not the lighter Viper B5 Blue.
/Rich

I think that website still has bugs because the color/stripe combinations are inconsistant in various areas of the same website. I have already have a VON for the Bright Blue with White Stripes, as on the 360 page, but the build it area doesn't allow it.

But I disagree with your guess on the interior color. The blue/black seems to be closer, almost dead-on with the lighter Bright Blue, whereas it never really matched the GTS blue, to my eyes (although the actual '08 interior blue may differ slightly from this '06 interior)...

06vcaedition1.jpg
08_Blue_Color.jpg

08_Bright_Blue1.jpg

Last edited:
OP
OP
R

rcl4668

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Vipermann --

What's annoying is that the delaer was allowed to configure my car with the Viper GTS Blue exterior with the blue/black interior. To now say, after the fact, that this can't be done would be dissapointing.

On the issue of the color match, my problem is that I have never seen a blue interior in person. For example, I have ssen pictures of the VOI9 white with blue stripes coupe an, depending on lighting, the blue interior looks darker in some pictures to lighter in shade (like the pic you posted).

Frankly, the same goes for the Viper GTS Blue exterior. In bright light, my 2006 looks quite light in color but in lower lighting it loos like a much darker blue:

4722IMG_4059.JPG

I hope someone can shed light on this soon; otherwise, I may have to change my order to the slate/black two-tone interior.

/Rich

Vipermann

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Yep ... I have the same feeling ... the dealer ordered the Bright Blue with White stripes, but the build-it feature only allows graphite stripes??? Then again, the build-it feature shows Bright blue to look like an absolute AQUA color, which doesn't match the paint chips that have been provided ... so I think (hope) the site still has bugs

The SRT site also shows the blue interior color to look more 'electric' than the blue VCA interior from '06, but who really knows at this point ... that's why I'd like to see one of those new brochures

OP
OP
R

rcl4668

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Thanks everyone for your feedback . . .

Anybody else have a Viper GTS Blue 2008 on order with a blue/black interior? Have you heard anything from your dealer regarding whether this is still an available combination? Thanks.

/Rich

OP
OP
R

rcl4668

Enthusiast
Reaction score
An update: I checked with my dealer who indicated that my order of Viper GTS Blue exterior with blue/black interior was still beingaccepted by the Chrysler computer and was still a viable combination.

Anyone out there with the same combination on order? Thanks.

/Rich

Smog Dog

Enthusiast
Reaction score
An update: I checked with my dealer who indicated that my order of Viper GTS Blue exterior with blue/black interior was still beingaccepted by the Chrysler computer and was still a viable combination.

Anyone out there with the same combination on order? Thanks.

/Rich

Rich- I have the same combo on order, with a VIN. I'm sure nothing has changed. :)

Y2K5SRT

Enthusiast
Reaction score
And no, Viper GTS blue is not available for ordering according to SRT - many dealers are confusing this with the Viper Bright Blue...

Dave T(BADVENM)

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I've got my 7 year old son on the drivesrt.com site...he loves playing with all the different colors, adding stripes, side views, rear views, etc. Gotta start them young :)

OP
OP
R

rcl4668

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Just a follow up; checked the drivesrt.com website and you can now order the blue/black interior with either the Viper GTS Blue or Viper Blue exterior color.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
xeng yang