XM Radio in all Gen 4 cars?

Steve-Indy

VCA Venom Member
Venom Member
Reaction score
Well, we have 2 Gen IV's ...both without nav systems (per advice of dealer based on amount of malfunctions they saw)...neither have satellite radio.

OP
OP
viperbob

viperbob

Enthusiast
Reaction score
That answers the question - thanks! So I guess I will need to get an aftermarket one, plug-n-play would be nice.

OP
OP
viperbob

viperbob

Enthusiast
Reaction score
This guy told me he replaced his, plug-n-play, but he cannot recall what it is?!

Attachments

• Viper radio.jpg
    Viper radio.jpg
    175.4 KB · Views: 10

MoparMap

VCA National President
VCA Officer
Reaction score
I just put an RB1 in my car a while back. It doesn't have Sirius directly, but it can be added through an external module I believe. There is an AUX input that I believe there was a Sirius module that would plug into it, but finding one of those might be interesting.

Siciliano15

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Correct, you need the RB1 to get siriusxm since the standard radios dont have the aux port. My car came with the RB1 navigation system and it has siriusxm which was also from the factory but they are two separate units that work together. i have an 02 Dakota RT which uses the same radios as the vipers and i replaced the factory radio in that with an RB1 but chose to not add the siriusxm unit so its just am/fm/cd with an aux port in the back in case i wanted to connect something else like a cd changer or cord to my phone

Siciliano15

Enthusiast
Reaction score
also that aftermarket radio that was posted looks just like a radio i had tried to install in my dakota before i bought the RB1 but it would get so hot that i was worried it would cause a fire so i returned it. was some made in china knockoff and the green lighting on it was way off it was like a florescent green and did not match the rest of the cool green interior gauge lighting at all. the cool part about it was that u could watch a dvd movie in it and that it was touch screen but again it was a cheaply made unit full of gimmicks and i didnt consider it worthy of being in my Dakota so its definitely not worthy of being installed in a Viper lol.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SDViper