Yay! Putting on my Roe Hi-Flow Cats!!! :)

Vipuronr

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Got the okay from my wife to call Chuck to install the Roe Hi-Flow cats I got for Christmas!! Yay....can't wait til they're on.

Unfortunately, the roads are terrible as we've had a ton of snow. Have to wait until the roads are decent.:(

plumcrazy

Enthusiast
Reaction score
id sell my car before i asked for permission to do anything on it

youre in good hands with tator, good luck !

OP
OP
V

Vipuronr

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Well, here's how it goes....I recently retired (medical issues...now better) and my wife is a consultant; I now take care of the kids, house and she is the main wage earner. A bit strange after years and years of working corporate life, but I wouldn't trade it for anything!

So, I see what you're sayin' Plum, but it works in this house!

:headbang:

(Oh, and Chuck does all work to my RT)...he's the best!

Roysviper

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Well, here's how it goes....I recently retired (medical issues...now better) and my wife is a consultant; I now take care of the kids, house and she is the main wage earner. A bit strange after years and years of working corporate life, but I wouldn't trade it for anything!

So, I see what you're sayin' Plum, but it works in this house!

:headbang:

(Oh, and Chuck does all work to my RT)...he's the best!

Seeing as how your wife is a consultant......it makes all the sense in the world to CONSULT with her, wouldn't everyone think? :dunno: :rolleyes: :rolaugh: :lmao: :eater:

TP_ GTS

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Out of curiosity.... (Unless you have emissions inspection) Any reason for not going catless?

I'm riding the fence. No inspection here in Florida, I want to get as much heat out as possible especially living in Florida. A little more kick would not be bad and the sound from what I hear is pretty damn nice. I figured GEN II rear exhaust will limit the "stink" that I will smell as some put and it's a weekend street burner. Right now I have Corsa and that's it. Looking to go bellanger also.

OP
OP
V

Vipuronr

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Funny Roy....but as my wife always tells me, "a happy wife is a happy life....and she isn't kidding!!! By the way, can't complain, as she bought me the Viper for my birthday...nice present, no????:D

She also likes the car with white stripes...I said, "you like 'em, you can have them put on" heh heh!:headbang:

Thanks MoparBoy, I'm so looking forward to this upgrade! Oh, I opted for Roe's metal cats, as Chuck these perform better and last longer...I always go with what he recommends!

Oh, sorry TP, yes emissions testing is done in CT. one reason for hi-flows, also, not sure I want the car that loud as many I've heard without cats...as I have already moved to muffler delete.

Last edited:

Mopar Boy

Enthusiast
Reaction score
You got it! Those are the right ones! You will like them. Gives the car a nice snarl! :D

TP - e test is one reason. Another is the car becomes VERY loud!! Nice for the first little bit, but as soon as you go for a long drive.... All depends on what you do with your car. If you are at a track, again not an issue. You will be amazed at how many db the cats will add when you have no muffler. That is a good first step.

Next Phase

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Oh, I opted for Roe's metal cats, as Chuck these perform better and last longer...I always go with what he recommends!

To clarify, ROE high flows last longer and perform better than Random Tech cats?

(I've got my Bellnagers and Random Tech cat back... just need to get some high flows ordered.)

OP
OP
V

Vipuronr

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Non, non, au contraire mon ami!

I am not dissing any other brand, this was a comparison of Roe's metal sub-strate to their fiberglass honeycomb cat.

No comparison made or meant to RTech or Belanger...or any other for that matter.

Sorry if I wasn't clear!:(

Mopar Boy

Enthusiast
Reaction score
To clarify, ROE high flows last longer and perform better than Random Tech cats?

(I've got my Bellnagers and Random Tech cat back... just need to get some high flows ordered.)

There are many threads in this subject! Many get very heated (Heated. Get it? Cats. Get hot. ;) ) as to what is best. It really comes down to personal preferance.

eucharistos

Enthusiast
Reaction score
...."a happy wife is a happy life"....

southern translation of the truism

"if mamma ain't happy, ain't nobody happy"

getting it back will be like getting a new car all over again

congrats mr mom

You must be registered for see images attach

You must be registered for see images

whatever it takes

:D

OP
OP
V

Vipuronr

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Uhhh, yah, kinda like that! But, look at the upside, as Mr. Mom, I'm actually getting pretty good at cooking! :D And, I've been on both sides of happy vs not happy wife....not pretty when not happy!:nono::nono::nono::nono:

And as for the "heated" (haha) discussions, I've been on some of those threads. For me, I go with what Chuck says, so not a choice I am totally making. I told him what I was looking at and he gave me his opinion and I thought his explanation was good...so that was it. The Roe's were the most expensive of all the ones I was looking at, but its something I only do once, so I want to do it the best I can.:2tu:

eucharistos

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Uhhh, yah, kinda like that! But, look at the upside, as Mr. Mom, I'm actually getting pretty good at cooking! :D

no cheap shot from me, i officed at home for many years, so i did the mr. mom often, and enjoyed it very much :2tu:

OP
OP
V

Vipuronr

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I'm with ya, thanks!:D

I must say, it was quite a change from the everyday stress of being corporate and, aside from the "mush-brain" stuff:crazy2: like PTO at school, its actually kinda cool. Get lots of time to spend with my kids.:headbang: (and I can spend 4-5 hours detailing the RT if I choose to)!

So, of course, now I want to take the car to Chuck and it just snowed AGAIN another 4-5 inches! All I'm asking for a relatively clean roads....is that too much to ask?????:dunno:

OP
OP
V

Vipuronr

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Thanks for the tip, I'll keep that in mind.

Last edited:
OP
OP
V

Vipuronr

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Here's what it sounds like now, with Fitzgerald Performance muffler delete pipes - consists of two small bullet resonators.
You must be registered for see images attach

You can hear the light rattling at idle of the inside of the resonators...common after awhile. Chuck says that the Roe hi-flows should probably drown out most of that!:D

OP
OP
V

Vipuronr

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Actually, I did...when I was still deciding which hi-flows to put on.

OP
OP
V

Vipuronr

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Okay, its a conspiracy....

I already have about 2 feet of snow around here and go 2" this morning and now forecasting another 6-10". Man, I just want to get my car down to Chuck's to do my cats.....oye!!! How long do I have to wait now for all this stuff to just go away!:(

ViperTony

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Okay, its a conspiracy....

I already have about 2 feet of snow around here and go 2" this morning and now forecasting another 6-10". Man, I just want to get my car down to Chuck's to do my cats.....oye!!! How long do I have to wait now for all this stuff to just go away!:(

For a case of beer, I'll come up and do it for you. This is a great DIY project. Just say the word.

OP
OP
V

Vipuronr

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Okay, so I just did a search for removing cats/installing hi-flows, but came up with nothing. Looked in RT/10 section and in illustrated upgrades.

Now, I know there was a thread on it, as I did see it yesterday...darn, if I can't find it again.:crazy2:

Anyone know where/have the link?

Thanks.:2tu: