Yellow GTS - PHOTOTSHOOT

Next Phase

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Friend of mine does photography as a hobby and has taken pics of some of my cars in the past.

Wanted to share some of the pics from this weekend. If anyone in the Raleigh, NC area is interested in getting together for some pics when the weather warms up, just let me know.

Enjoy!

You must be registered for see images attach

(I know the cow catcher looks like ass, it needs lowered and new shoes will be here soon.)

OP
OP
N

Next Phase

Enthusiast
Reaction score

Chasing down my 1st kill in the Dodge.... (thought it was an M3 at first....modded 335i :down:)

OP
OP
N

Next Phase

Enthusiast
Reaction score
For any Corvette fans:

My previous toy - Magnusson Supercharged LS2 - 11.0 @ 128 mph

kcobean

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Very nice photos! I'm a lousy photographer and would love to know how to do stuff like this.

Vipuronr

Enthusiast
Reaction score
That's a really beautiful GTS, great photography!

But, you know the car actually would be faster (more difficult to shoot moving) if it was R E D !

But, yellow color aside, really stunning car!:headbang:

OP
OP
N

Next Phase

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Thanks for compliments everyone...

(I know the cow catcher looks like ass, it needs lowered and new shoes will be here soon.)

Love the 5th shot man that looks clean...Just lower it man, its not a 4x4. :lmao:

I guess you missed my quote at the bottome of the first post :rolleyes:

This was an impromptu photoshoot.... my friend had time on Sunday to take pics... The Cards were destroying GB, so I thought it would be a great time to go for a drive. (Missing a great 3rd and most of the 4th quarter :crazy2:)

KNG SNKE

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Hey man, you are 3 hours away from me. Those photos are great!! There are a lot of nice Vipers there in NC and I think you should try to set up a date to do a photoshoot with a bunch of them. I can tell you, I am in (Pending the Navy). I have been wanting some good photos of my car for a long time.

OP
OP
N

Next Phase

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Hey man, you are 3 hours away from me. Those photos are great!! There are a lot of nice Vipers there in NC and I think you should try to set up a date to do a photoshoot with a bunch of them. I can tell you, I am in (Pending the Navy). I have been wanting some good photos of my car for a long time.

I'll make sure I post up if we get a group together.... this was a group of us at a charity event in December w/ my crappy point/shoot camera:

AviP

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I like the last shot of the Vette. Are you riding in the back of a pickup/SUV to get the blur of movement? You can't be far away at 45mm. I should also add that you need a little more blur (slower shutter).

The other shots are great too but I didn't particularly care for those with the sun in front. Unless you were specifically looking for lens flare, you should add a hood to your lens.

And I'm totally undecided on #4 of the Viper. It's too washed out at times and it's very artsy at times.

Good stuff.

Last edited:
OP
OP
N

Next Phase

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Thanks again for the words -I'll get more up soon once my new wheels come in!!!

:2tu:

I like the last shot of the Vette. Are you riding in the back of a pickup/SUV to get the blur of movement? You can't be far away at 45mm. I should also add that you need a little more blur (slower shutter).

The other shots are great too but I didn't particularly care for those with the sun in front. Unless you were specifically looking for lens flare, you should add a hood to your lens.

And I'm totally undecided on #4 of the Viper. It's too washed out at times and it's very artsy at times.

Good stuff.

The 2nd and 4th pic of the vette.... they are both sitting still, believe it or not. (I'm not the photographer and not sure how the effect was done.)

I'm not thrilled about the 4th Viper pic either....

Here is one that was altered:

Original:

Ricketts

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Great shots! Bill has quite a talent.

Well make sure to let you know next gathering we have.

Freddog11

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Don't kill me here, just some constructive criticism. Some of the shots are very nice. Both cars are stunning! The composition and staging in some of the other shots needs some thought. The background should not overwhelm the primary subject. With a busy background, either use a longer focal length to gain a higher level of bokeh (background/foreground blurring) or maximize the size of the primary subject and minimize the background. An outstanding subject such as yours, a bright yellow flawless Viper, should stand out so strong in those pictures it will be the only thing remembered after looking at the picture. As mentioned above, the sun flares are also distracting from the subject and dull a car that obviously stands out in real life.

OP
OP
N

Next Phase

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Don't kill me here, just some constructive criticism. Some of the shots are very nice. Both cars are stunning! The composition and staging in some of the other shots needs some thought. The background should not overwhelm the primary subject. With a busy background, either use a longer focal length to gain a higher level of bokeh (background/foreground blurring) or maximize the size of the primary subject and minimize the background. An outstanding subject such as yours, a bright yellow flawless Viper, should stand out so strong in those pictures it will be the only thing remembered after looking at the picture. As mentioned above, the sun flares are also distracting from the subject and dull a car that obviously stands out in real life.

I won't kill you...:D I'm not the photographer and he will most likely not see your input.

very nice shots indeed :2tu:

what kind of rubber on your gts :dunno:

Stock Michelins... 7k miles on 'em and they look new :lmao: Yes, I need new tires... so new wheels will be here soon also.

Thanks everyone for the kind words. I truly love this car :2tu:

vpower01

Viper Owner
Reaction score
ah ya i see the small print now.

Post some new pics of the wheels and lowered when you have a chance. :2tu:

cgartist

Enthusiast
Reaction score

Good stuff.

Hey thanks for the input. I have been doing this stuff for almost a year and I am learning as I go. So any imput like that is GREAT appreciated!!
I was trying to see what kind of effects I would get with the strong sunlight...some turned out ok and some seemed to destroy a good photo.
Thanks again! And thanks Marko for letting me shoot your car:)

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
xeng yang