Yellow Paint Help

N CHARG

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I drove through some Mobil 1 oil on my garage floor... and it splattered on the paint on the inside of the wheel wells and a few dots just outside the wheel wells.

It stained the yellow paint... does anyone know how to get these stains out of yellow paint?

ARMORGOD

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Modern rubbing compounds can do wonders and you don't have to be a pro to use them. Send me a PM and I am 99% sure I could tell you how to get those stains out with absolutely no problem!

ARMORGOD

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Please share with all if there are any new neat tricks...

It is pretty amazing what you can do with a foam cutting pad mounted to a porter-cable orbital buffer. I use Meguiar's Diamond Cut Compound 2.0 (available at most Autozones) and the orbital/cutting pad combination to remove anything short of an actual chip in the paint. Minor scratches, splashed paint, any kinds of stains - all are no problem. And you can work an area all day with that buffer and not harm your clearcoat. And then you just follow up with a polishing glaze to remove swirls. Really easy, and helps eliminate that sinking feeling in your stomach everytime your baby gets some new mark on the paint.

Go to topoftheline.com to order the buffer and pads, as well as any other kind of detailing supplies.

Kelly06

Viper Owner
Reaction score
I assume that people who want/love yellow, realize that the clear coat is tinted to get the luster you see. It is beautiful, but ****** when you need to repaint or touch up.

Mike Phillips

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I drove through some Mobil 1 oil on my garage floor... and it splattered on the paint on the inside of the wheel wells and a few dots just outside the wheel wells.

It stained the yellow paint... does anyone know how to get these stains out of yellow paint?

Hi N CHARG,

I posted a suggestion for this problem here,

Suggestion for problem with stains in paint

Mike

Mike Phillips

Enthusiast
Reaction score
It is pretty amazing what you can do with a foam cutting pad mounted to a porter-cable orbital buffer. I use Meguiar's Diamond Cut Compound 2.0 (available at most Autozones) and the orbital/cutting pad combination to remove anything short of an actual chip in the paint.

Just to chime in on this suggestion, while this may work for you, Meguiar's doesn't recommend using our W-7006 foam cutting or any of our compounds with the Porter Cable Dual Action Polisher. This combination may dull or haze your car's finish to the point that it will require a rotary buffer to remove the haze and restore the gloss and clarity. About as aggressive as we recommend you go is the #83 Dual Action Cleaner Polish with our W-8006 foam polishing pad on a maximum of the 5.0 speed setting.

Just a friendly recommendation.

Mike

ARMORGOD

Enthusiast
Reaction score
It is pretty amazing what you can do with a foam cutting pad mounted to a porter-cable orbital buffer. I use Meguiar's Diamond Cut Compound 2.0 (available at most Autozones) and the orbital/cutting pad combination to remove anything short of an actual chip in the paint.

Just to chime in on this suggestion, while this may work for you, Meguiar's doesn't recommend using our W-7006 foam cutting or any of our compounds with the Porter Cable Dual Action Polisher. This combination may dull or haze your car's finish to the point that it will require a rotary buffer to remove the haze and restore the gloss and clarity. About as aggressive as we recommend you go is the #83 Dual Action Cleaner Polish with our W-8006 foam polishing pad on a maximum of the 5.0 speed setting.

Just a friendly recommendation.

Mike

Mike,

Thanks for the pointer. But I have had great results with your compound and another company's cutting pad. I am following up with a 3M perfect-it II fine rubbing compound and then 3M Perfect-It Foam Polishing Pad Glaze on a polishing pad. It has provided awesome results!