Your thoughts.... Buying a 06 or 09 viper

Malu59RT

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I thought 08s had 600 HP at the fly wheel. How does yours get 560 RWHP? That is less than 7% drive line loss

Maybe engine tolerances or break-in procedure, not sure, but that's what it dyno'd with ~1200 miles on it bone stock. The only thing I've done to this car since that time is install spring caps, a MGW shifter and knob, and I had the mufflers replaced with a straight pipe, but that seemed to make the car lose power. I just wanted it to sound a little more angry than stock, and am happy with it, even if I did lose some power as a result.

OP
OP
M

MBPERF

Viper Owner
Reaction score
thinking of selling my paxton 06 bumblebee (8k miles) any interest?

Cant do yellow, thanks anyway.

MB

I'm in luv with this car but just cant swing it.
You must be registered for see images

2008 Dodge Viper SRT-10 Coupe - Green

08 74,900 in Houston

Yes , that is a cool looking color but I dont really want ot add green into the mix.

I am looking each day, finding a few different cars in my search it wont be long till i find the right one at the right price.

Thanks MB

hightest

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I've got an 08 SRTC, black with silver stripes and 4300 miles on it.
I'd like to get an SSG with black or graphite stripes.
The SSG's are hard to come by here.

wallbanger

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I've got an 08 SRTC, black with silver stripes and 4300 miles on it.
I'd like to get an SSG with black or graphite stripes.
The SSG's are hard to come by here.

you would save a lot of coin by just having 5dcollision paint your black coupe, plus you would get a paint job that is far superior to stock... just imho

OP
OP
M

MBPERF

Viper Owner
Reaction score
you would save a lot of coin by just having 5dcollision paint your black coupe, plus you would get a paint job that is far superior to stock... just imho

You bring up a good point .. painting.

If I was to purchase a car and do a complete color change is this frowned upon by Viper buyers?

I really want White with black and / or red but cant get this on 06's to take a black car and paint it white does this make it less valuable come resale time?

Thanks
MB

DLTARNU

Suspended
Reaction score

If I was to purchase a car and do a complete color change is this frowned upon by Viper buyers?

I really want White with black and / or red but cant get this on 06's to take a black car and paint it white does this make it less valuable come resale time?

Thanks
MB

Yes, it generally affects resale value, though I can't tell you why. I can't understand the collector mentality when it comes to the Viper, anyway. Sure, if you have the #1 model GTS-R, yes, stick it in a museum. Otherwise, drive the wheels off it.

White with black stripes looks GOOD on Vipers. There is one at BJ's and it looks so cool. Needs black wheels to set off the stripes, but it looks very ****.

Anyway, if you repaint a '06, the best you'll do is NOT diminish the value of the car. You definitely won't get your money back on the paint job, no matter how good it looks. But it would look cool :2tu:

wallbanger

Enthusiast
Reaction score

Thanks
MB

this is a nice white color combo

Dodge Viper SRT 10 ACR on Flickr - Photo Sharing!

OP
OP
M

MBPERF

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Yes, it generally affects resale value, though I can't tell you why. I can't understand the collector mentality when it comes to the Viper, anyway. Sure, if you have the #1 model GTS-R, yes, stick it in a museum. Otherwise, drive the wheels off it.

White with black stripes looks GOOD on Vipers. There is one at BJ's and it looks so cool. Needs black wheels to set off the stripes, but it looks very ****.

Anyway, if you repaint a '06, the best you'll do is NOT diminish the value of the car. You definitely won't get your money back on the paint job, no matter how good it looks. But it would look cool :2tu:

I like white and black , looking at a 09 white with Graphite stripes right now, just trying to make a deal on it. I agree black wheels make a white car look so much tougher . I do black wheels on all my rides. I did this on my 911 and it really set it off.

You must be registered for see images attach

My M3

and I just powder coated the stock rims on my wife's X5, still stock for winter , but it helps.

Im with you on the " drive the wheels off it" if you got it may as well enjoy it.

MB

As for painting

DLTARNU

Suspended
Reaction score
Here's the one I was talking about at BJ's:

That, with black wheels, would look awesome.

OP
OP
M

MBPERF

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Yes , that one would work. Do you know the price on that car?

MB

BlknBlu

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Open your horizons and go with GTS Blue and Black stripes. See classifieds for 08 coupe or my sig.

Bruce

OP
OP
M

MBPERF

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Thanks to everyone for your thoughts and ideas. I just purchased a 08 Coupe today, should have it here in a couple week. Let the mods begin........

Thanks
MB