Zero Dodge Vipers sold in February 2012

PDCjonny

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Not really that surprising, they are two years old and have been pretty well picked through.
Those that wanted them have them. Who knows, if the Gen 5 is underwhelming that may clean the rest out.

OP
OP
V

ViperCollector

Viper Owner
Reaction score
When I read the article I too wondered what criteria they used for the data. There must be some official reporting that they're pulling from, and it probably has to do with the timing of the paperwork. Maybe February really covers mid-January through mid-February.

Silver04

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Maybe February really covers mid-January through mid-February.

Whoa nellie - Sounds like you might be utilizing some critical thinking there...:2tu:

I also think that it all depends on your perspective on whether this is "good" or "bad"...The folks on the Vette Forums are probably laughing this article up... Who cares what they think? :drive:

Paul Hawker

Enthusiast
Reaction score
This report may be for model year 2012 Vipers sold, not any new Vipers sold in Feb. 2012. Maybe if it was a 2010 (or even 2011 : >) it would not be counted.

Abe Froman

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Closed on my 2010 “New/Untitled” on 2/28/12. The car is still in Ohio waiting transport to New Mexico, but I own a car…. I think !!!:dunno:

Leojmcca

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Same reason why I didn't buy a iPad 2 this month, waiting for the new and greater version next month!

Viper Garage Elite

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Totally false Bill is right, friend just had green acr# 28 delivered last week and hasn't stopped drooling since. Spent much time on phone with him and plan on showing them off at some shows this summer .

rosco

Enthusiast
Reaction score
dodge needs to take this puppy to the next level. adding more HP is not going to improve its performance much at all because of weight vs traction. only super cars doing better are the 4wd cars like the porsche or lighter mid engine cars that have a higher percentage of weight closer to the rear tires. you could add 900 hp and traction controll will make it useless at launch not to mention not having traction controll will make launching a work of art.

i expect the 2013 will be a boon for older vipers. a 15k supercharger upgrade and a new tranny will strip the bragging rights out of a more hp chest thumping argument.

they need to go mid engine. more weight over the rear tires and all wheel drive. heads up display and a DECENT FRIGGIN RADIO with atleast an 8 inch subwoofer would be nice too.

they have gone just about as far as they can go old school. with 3500 lbs you can only make use of so much hp on two tires unless that weight is over the rear tires. no one is breaking 3 seconds 0-60 without AWD, mid engine or big **** slicks. 700 hp while awsome is not gonna do much more than what they are doing now which will be a boon for the older cars. imo.