?Zero Interest Loans, More Discounts, Monday 1/26?

JonB

Legacy\Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
Chrysler Plans No-Interest Loans, Employee Pricing (Update1)

By Mike Ramsey
Jan. 22 (Bloomberg) -- Chrysler LLC, the third-largest U.S. automaker, will offer no-interest loans, rebates of as much as $6,000 and price discounts normally given only to employees to help clear out unsold vehicles at its dealerships.
The incentives start Jan. 26, with employee pricing offered on all models, the Auburn Hills, Michigan-based company said in a statement. Dealers were told of the plan in a conference call today, said Mickey Anderson, owner of Performance Automotive Group in Omaha, Nebraska.
Chrysler has been stepping up incentives since its finance arm, Chrysler Financial, received a $1.5 billion U.S. government loan on Jan. 16. That day, the automaker announced interest-free financing for as long as five years on 11 models. Chrysler’s U.S. sales plummeted 30 percent in 2008, including a 53 percent decline in December.
Company President Jim Press said on Jan. 11 that Chrysler’s December sales were 25 percent lower than they would have been because customers didn’t have adequate access to credit.
The no-interest loans from Chrysler Financial will be for as long as four years, the automaker said. The rebates include as much as $6,000 on 2008 vehicles and up to $3,500 on 2009 models.
Customers also can get $1,000 in extra cash when the vehicle is financed through Chrysler Financial or a local credit union, Chrysler said.
To contact the reporter on this story: Mike Ramsey in Southfield, Michigan, at [email protected]
Last Updated: January 22, 2009 18:10 EST

Bold is mine. It says "EP all models" which would mean 2009 Vipers too! "The Time Is Here to Buy a new VIPER! " I guess we'll find out more details MONDAY if dealers just heard today.

{No, not OUR Mike Ramsey in CA!)

Last edited:

big-n-italian

Enthusiast
Reaction score
doesnt sound too bad, but if people are getting laid off by the thousands, businesses are closing right and left, and people arent sure if they will even have a job next month, chances are they arent going to buy anything right now. and they arent.

i say wait till the deals get REALLY good. nobody is buying right now and the automakers are still pumping out cars to keep their employees working. when this economy recovers, how will the market absorb all those vehicles? can the market absorb all those vehicles? anyone up for a "buy one, get one for $1" sale? dont laugh, its already starting to happen.

Buy One Car Get A Second Car For ONE DOLLAR!! at

Cars: Buy one, get one free - WalletPop Blog

ASPIRATIONS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Jon,
Does this apply only to 08s/09s that are built or will it also apply to someone like me that wants to order a 09 ACR..??? Kevin

1994viper

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Nissan uses their test facility as a parking lot now. I think they lined them up correctly now: 3 in the row. 3 for 1 perhaps??? Obviously, no new models will be released for a while.
You must be registered for see images

OP
OP
J

JonB

Legacy\Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
Rather than edit my post, and despite the story sourced and quoted above, it now seems the VIPERS and SPRINTERS, as usual, may not be eligible for ALL the financing deals above....Monday will tell...

But "DEALER STOCK" is the CF deal....

PS: I will almost certainly close on a new Viper meeself this next week.

Therefore, I cannot sleep! (after all these years, its STILL exiting)
Anyone want:

-2001 RT10 Yellow, 48K miles, $37,500 (cover of Viper Mag Winter '05) or,
-My beloved 1st-First Edition 2006 SRT-C? 7500 miles and new PS2. 007/200.
{Fully documented here and ViperMag as first-retail-delivery of an SRT-C coupe} Under $60K. With all FE paraphernalia and trivia stash and some extras.

E-Me fast, or one will be traded! Thanks

Last edited:

WANTED

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Vipers are included but NOT ACR's and Sprinters.

So Wizard what would be the bottom line on a 08 and 09?
1- what would be the EP price on a std coupe
2- then how much of a discount on top of it
3- would dealer hold back be available
4- 0% financing 4 years with addition 1k discount ?

after all of the above what would be the price ?

* pm me if you prefer not to post answer *

Thanks, WANTED

ViperCr8zy

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Glad to hear the ACRs are going to miss this next round of discounting, and have missed every round to date as far as I recall. Sorry to hear it for the regular coupe and vert owners who have already purchased. Something's gotta break free soon on the Viper business - either sell it, figure out how to fix it, or kill it (I'd prefer the first two)...

PaViper

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I would have preferred that they not started giving new ones away, maybe then my 06 would have more value than an Edsel

CaptainDavid

Enthusiast
Reaction score
The blood is in the streets. I work in an industry , rather used to work, in an industry that has completely disappeared in Georgia.
New home developement and construction.
When we built a house and sold it we fed 600 mouths.
Very Sad
This is not Viper related it is Viper buying related.

ViperCr8zy

Viper Owner
Reaction score
I'm don't know if this is an option, but for those who just want to drive the heck of out their Viper, why not do a lease? Take all the incentives, and hand it back in two years without worrying about depreciation. Is Chrysler allowing leases on Vipers, and if so what do they estimate the 2 and 3 year depreciation to be at?

Reaction score
Like any company trying to survive this economy, if something is not selling well, put it on sale or do some other promotion to move it out the door. Dodge is still making money by selling them for 20k or 30k below MSRP, its the dealer that's hurting.

big-n-italian

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I'm don't know if this is an option, but for those who just want to drive the heck of out their Viper, why not do a lease? Take all the incentives, and hand it back in two years without worrying about depreciation. Is Chrysler allowing leases on Vipers, and if so what do they estimate the 2 and 3 year depreciation to be at?

correct me if i am wrong, but i thought chrysler stopped doing leases on vipers?

GONABITE

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Leases are becoming none existent from all the major 3. Due to them putting the insurance companies out of business that use to insure the leases. It was a big scheme by the manufactueres. They never lost a penny on the cars because if the value of the car was less then what was owed to the manufactuer the insurance company paid the difference. With the falling value of used cars leases are coming to an end.

Frank17

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Went to local dealer, has 6 Challengers on lot. Was told all cars apply to the employee financing, but we are not giving it on the Challenger...

GR8_ASP

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I think you are learning what employees and employee families have known all along. Employee discounts do not apply to cars in high demand. Not now and not ever. You see the employee purchase program can be excluded at the option of the dealer. Dealers are independent businesses and do not have to comply. I have never purchased a high demand car at anything less than the going public rate in 26 years. In addition Vipers (and all SRT products) previously were always excluded at the corporate level except for 3 periods (1995 for a 6 month period, 2006, and now on 2008/9).

For those of you (and I know there are some here) that have received CDI rates for SRT vehicles you received a better deal than employees.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
xeng yang