'02 GTS Final Edition

Oldwilsonian

Enthusiast
Reaction score
\'02 GTS Final Edition

I know this is a fairly subjective question, but with the current market just wanted a few opinions on this one - is it a fair price? or a steal?

'02 GTS Final Edition, Florida Car, 1 owner, original window sticker, 16,000 miles, stock, tires are decent probably give the car a 8/10. Haven't put it it on a lift and inspected it though. $49,000.00

Are the gen.2 final edition's more collectible than the ACR's?

Thanks all.

OW. :2tu:

C O D Y

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Re: \'02 GTS Final Edition

A final Edition ACR would be best!

I wouldn't "invest" in any car.... viper or not. If you like the color and the car is a clean non wrecked viper... buy it and enjoy the it!

Love the FE's!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

OP
OP
O

Oldwilsonian

Enthusiast
Reaction score

A final Edition ACR would be best!

Cody,

Agree with you 100% on that!!

FinalEd357

Viper Owner
Reaction score

I think that is a great deal. Regarding collectibility: The FE is a 1 of 360 car (out of 760 GTS built in '02) and there were roughly 6,500 total GTS built between '96 -'02. There were less than 1,000 total ACR's built between '99 - '02 (only 159 in '02). Lastly, only 34 FE ACR's in 2002 - some say a future collector. Owning a FE GTS, I would say my car is LESS collectible than any ACR (of similar miles & condition) because it simply has modified colors compared to a normal GTS, whereas an ACR has actual performance mods. If you could find a non-tracked, similar mile/condition ACR it would be more collectible. Ending where I began: $49k for that FE is a very good deal, IMHO.

For all Gen 2 build info data, go to the Viper club home page and click on left side (IVR - Viper registry, then build info for all the info you'd ever need).

Check this out for info on the Final Edition GTS: www.feviper.com

agentf1

Enthusiast
Reaction score

Sounds about right to me. Especially from a dealer, they tend to mark them up too much.

viperdude118

Viper Owner
Reaction score

OW, You thinking of getting another viper? I'd get it, I saw two today at the VCA get together over in Daytona. They look awesome going down the road in red with whites stripes. Not to mention the collectability.

PatentLaw

Enthusiast
Reaction score

Sounds about right or alittle low for the car. It is winter, however. Smart time to purchase. I would go ACR, but I am biased. :)

Zan186

Viper Owner
Reaction score
I paid 65k for mine in Feb. Had 5800 miles, and a ton of bolt on's. Corsa exhaust, Eldebrock headers, Vec 2 computer. Ripper shifter, etc. Engine was zeroed at Arrow and had the forged pistons and Lumpy cam in the rebuild. T&D , roller rockers etc. Extra set of CCW rims with Kumos.

Basically the guy did everything I intended to do minus the Supercharger or TT.

So yeah a bone stock FE Viper is probably worth around 50 to 55k depending on being mint condition etc. That is also based on about 10k miles. More miles lowers the price a bit, but 49k if it is in mint condition is priced about right.

Les Quam

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I think that is a great price.

Window sticker adds value in that it is documentation.

1 owner adds value in that it creates an easy verifiable owner history for later resale, also creates a provenance for the car for the future.

No modifications or bolt ons adds value in that the original parts unique to that model year are still with the car and will be valuable in the future and allows you to personalize the car as you wish or leave it stock and invest the money in improving your driver skills through Racing schools such as Skip Barber, which in my opinion will lower lap times faster than any modification.

Final Edition will add value as opposed to non FE 02 GTS but probably not as much as an ACR of any year? But that depends on car in my opinion.

Just my two cents but when I traded in my 98 GTS for a new 99 ACR Viper the old stock 98 was quicker around the track in stock configuration than the stock 99 ACR. The ACR option really didn't help until I adjusted the ride height and put on hoosiers, then it was a big plus.

viperdude118

Viper Owner
Reaction score
When I spoke with one of their salesfolk a couple of months ago, he said they were eager to sell it and would work with the price. I am sure two months later they would drop it even more.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tbone96