02 Production

rcdice

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Does anyone have any insight into production details for 02? I'm specifically interested in the RT/10. Any info on colors, interior colors, production numbers, etc. would be appreciated.

If this has has been discussed here before, and I'm sure it has, please direct me to the thread or re-list any known details.

Thanks,

Bob Dice

jimandela

Enthusiast
Reaction score
being the owner of a 2001 R/T 10 yellow
i am praying they don't run a 2002 and just gear up for the new
2003 releasing it in 2002. as of right now i have heard that
there has been no decision made as to "IF" they will run a 2002.

2BADD 4U

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Yes there will be 2002 rt/10 and GTS. Colors will be Red, Yellow, and Graphite. My dealer had 7 allocations and has 3 left. I am giving a deposit on an 02 GTS tomorrow. Delivery in fall of 01 or spring of 02. I have heard that the total production will be approx, 900-1200 Vipers based upon orders.

Dave

OP
OP
R

rcdice

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Really!! on the 02 production. That may help me make my decision. I want a yellow RT/10. I've been trying to decide if I should buy a clean 95 and save some $$$ or go ahead and buy a new 01 (my local dealer has one). After thinking about it some more, the thought of an 02 sounded pretty awesome. ie. last production year for the "original" RT/10.

Dave, Do you have any idea on pricing for the 02's? Dealers are "dealing" on the 01's now. Should I expect to pay sticker?

Thanks for any insights,

Bob Dice

Bill Pemberton Woodhouse

VCA Member
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
Just to clear up some misinformation for everyone, NO dealer in the country has an allocation on 2002's yet. This is very misleading to the consumer and dealers will probably not know for sure until around August. The colors have not been set for 2002 , but the rumor of a gray ( graphite ) seem fairly strong. There will be fewer 2002's, and dealers will have a long spell of no cars, so it seems unlikely that they will be as heavily discounted as the 2001's - speculation on this point.

slaughterj

Enthusiast
Reaction score
<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Bill Pemberton:
Just to clear up some misinformation for everyone, NO dealer in the country has an allocation on 2002's yet. This is very misleading to the consumer and dealers will probably not know for sure until around August. The colors have not been set for 2002 , but the rumor of a gray ( graphite ) seem fairly strong. There will be fewer 2002's, and dealers will have a long spell of no cars, so it seems unlikely that they will be as heavily discounted as the 2001's - speculation on this point.

<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>
So there will definitely be 2002s, just the colors aren't set? What about the production numbers?

OP
OP
R

rcdice

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Bill,

Would you consider it premature for a dealer to take a deposit on an 02?

Given the economy, stk market, 03's comming, vs. last year of production for current rt/10, how would you predict demand will be for 02's?

Thanks in advance for any thoughts.

Bob Dice

Viper Wizard

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I just got my "code sheets" and almost everything remains the same as 01- except for the new color "Graphite Metallic" [PDR]. To me looking at the paint chip it looks very dark grey, but you can't tell much by a 1 by 2 inch paint chip. It should look good on the whole car! Other colors Viper Red and Race Yellow. Stripes- black on yellow & bright silver on red & graphite [GTS only]. Trim- black & cognac. I have also heard 900-1000 units. The ordering door should open near the end of August. No $$ yet!
In my store I don't take deposits I sell on a hand shake!

Bill Pemberton Woodhouse

VCA Member
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
Chuck is correct on the color, as I checked with our New Car Manager and we got the code sheet in on Friday , his day off. The Graphite Metallic is a go, so kudos to Chuck for letting us all know it is available. Sapphire Blue will definitely be a one year color now.

yellow02

Enthusiast
Reaction score
how many vipers were produced in 2001, 1000 seems to be a small number. will it be hard to get our hands on these if we try to get inline soon?

Viper Wizard

Enthusiast
Reaction score
From what I've heard is [DC] is going to do a limited build of 02's and then do an early release 03. So 02's will be hard to get!! The final count of 01's is not in yet they are still building. "Yellow02" call me and I'll put you on my list for 02 or 03? [914-763-3136]

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SKY1960