08 Made 546 rwhp

JB/SRT

Enthusiast
Reaction score
The 05 with Paxton was mine. It makes 630/640 rwhp, 3.55 gears, quaife, ps2 tires. Yes, I even feathered the clutch at 2500 rpm for a decent launch, yet still spinning the tires a bit. The 08 jumped ahead of me right away. I thought no problem, I will pull him in mid-way and pull away at the finish. Never happened. That 08 just kept pulling along w/ the Paxton. When riding shotgun in the 08 for a pass, the car pulls like the paxton all the way from start to finish. Very impressive car, and I can't wait for mine to arrive! And, yes, headers and exhaust are going on right away!

Jim

PatentLaw

Enthusiast
Reaction score
The 05 with Paxton was mine. It makes 630/640 rwhp, 3.55 gears, quaife, ps2 tires. Yes, I even feathered the clutch at 2500 rpm for a decent launch, yet still spinning the tires a bit. The 08 jumped ahead of me right away. I thought no problem, I will pull him in mid-way and pull away at the finish. Never happened. That 08 just kept pulling along w/ the Paxton. When riding shotgun in the 08 for a pass, the car pulls like the paxton all the way from start to finish. Very impressive car, and I can't wait for mine to arrive! And, yes, headers and exhaust are going on right away!

Jim

Whatever the numbers are, as quoted above, it sounds impressive. Not many posts over the last number of years have been so frank as above. Thanks for the information.

Boxer12

Enthusiast
Reaction score

Jim
When was the last time you car was dyno'd? jc

I would think that ps2 tires could make the difference, but I am not a drag racer. just my 2c.

B767DRIVER

Viper Owner
Reaction score
When was the last time you car was dyno'd? jc

I would think that ps2 tires could make the difference, but I am not a drag racer. just my 2c.
??Both cars were running PS2's??

I have ridden in Jim's car and it pulls really hard with the 3.55's...

Sterling

JB/SRT

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Boxer, the car was dyno'ed when the paxton was installed in May this year. I doubt any significant changes have occurred since then.

Hey Sterling, how ya doin'? Yep both cars had PS2s. These 08s are really strong - pretty impressive performance with just exhaust mods.

Decided what power adders to install on your's yet? By the way, Viper Days at TWS in February and October, and in Tulsa this year too!

VOI9 ASP

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I thought you were not to put a new car on the dyno until it had around 700-800 milrs on it???

B767DRIVER

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Boxer, the car was dyno'ed when the paxton was installed in May this year. I doubt any significant changes have occurred since then.

Hey Sterling, how ya doin'? Yep both cars had PS2s. These 08s are really strong - pretty impressive performance with just exhaust mods.

Decided what power adders to install on your's yet? By the way, Viper Days at TWS in February and October, and in Tulsa this year too!

Hey Jim, I have done a few things to mine since TWS. I'm leaning heavily toward getting an orange and black ACR. I plan on attending both TWS and Hallett V/D's. I might even go to the one in Louisiana. Don't forget the finals at Eagle's Canyon just outside Dallas. Hope to see you there.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
xeng yang