08 srt10 roadster clunk noise

Snakesane

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I have a 08 srt-10 roadster with 10k miles. I curbed my rims so i replaced two of them and got
all new Michelin pilot super sports for all four tires to replace my nitto nt05's. I had the street tires on the front and the drag radials on the rear.
I got an alignment and then a week later I am hearing a clunking noise at low speeds from 5-30mph. The viper is usually noisy
at low speeds and backing out of driveway but i don't recall ever hearing this particular
sound. I took to my local shop and found out that my trans mount was broken and I had it replaced with a poly mount from
viper parts of america. It is still making the sound after the replacement and on the lift everything else with the suspension looks tight like the sway bar and no leaky shocks.
could it be my tie-rod slowly wearing out? Is there a normal amount of clunk at low speeds and i am noticing it more withthe new tire setup?
I can't get to chuck tator for another month and just wanted to know if it might be normal sound or something is wrong.
It doesn't make the sound when braking or turning.or when i get on it..just slow cruising.
Any insight would be greatly appreciated.

steve911

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Look at the lower shock mount in the rear. Those things will def pound out. Had the same noise on my car, and it went away after I changed it.