08 Viper Hood

INSOMNIAC

Viper Owner
Reaction score
I really like the new design of the 2008 Viper hood.
Would it directly fit on a 05 SRT-10 ? Is it available for purchase ?
When and how can I buy one ?

Last edited:
OP
OP
I

INSOMNIAC

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Well, I can’t wait until September or October for the 08 Vipers to come out. I need the new hood much sooner.

I remember reading somewhere that the new hood would be a direct fit on 03-06 Vipers. If the part numbers are already out, maybe I can order the hood before the car comes out.

SylvanSRT

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Call Jeff Lemke AP Engineering he has one that will work for you. I'm not sure if the '08 hood will work 100% correctly since the airbox/intake is completly different than the '03-'06cars. I would def. call Jeff BTW i want one of his hoods also in Carbon Fibre for what its worth

Smog Dog

Enthusiast
Reaction score
As Sylvan said, call Jeff Lemke. Do a search on this forum and you can find the whole discussion, complete with pictures.

OP
OP
I

INSOMNIAC

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Call Jeff Lemke AP Engineering he has one that will work for you. I'm not sure if the '08 hood will work 100% correctly since the airbox/intake is completly different than the '03-'06cars. I would def. call Jeff BTW i want one of his hoods also in Carbon Fibre for what its worth

I don’t care about the airbox/intake location, etc. The 08 hood has a bigger front ram air opening and bigger vents and looks good too. That’s all I need.

I’ve seen the unpainted pictures of Jeff’s hood but I’m not sure if he’s finalized the design.

Nader

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I am sure you can get a hold of one from Jeff a lot quicker than one for the 08.