09 door rubbing

seabass

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Hello - New, my driver door always had a pretty loud squeek to it when I opened/closed it... not a big deal. I have noticed that my passenger door is rubbing paint off the corner of the door and the edge of the nearest portion of the front quarter panel. Will Dodge fix this? :omg:

Has anyone else had this issue?

One thing to mention is that I did smash up the front bumper but I highly doubt that it was enough to do any collateral damage to the quarter panel etc. :headbang: :2tu: :rolaugh:

bluesrt

Enthusiast
Reaction score
more than likely it is from the big crash-dont count on dodge doing anything after the front end job,but best wishes to you:)

OP
OP
S

seabass

Enthusiast
Reaction score
hmm, it wasn't a recordable accident but who knows... I can live with it:)

PaViper

Enthusiast
Reaction score
My 02, 04 and 06 all had door squeeks when attempting to open them all the way....not all the time, but now and then....never had any rubbing issues that you speak about

Jeff Monheim

Viper Owner
Reaction score
I have had this paint issue, the upper front part of the door pass. side hits the bottom of the fender and rubs the paint off on both my 08 and 09 right from the factory. guess this is a problem with allignment of the fender not the door (or the quarter fender).
I wish someone knew how to fix this problem!!!

aries

Enthusiast
Reaction score
My buddy has a similar issue with his Ford Explorer. He was wasted drunk in a parking garage and smashed his passenger side rear door in when he hit a concrete pole, and now, for some strange reason, the door won't open.:dunno: I guess Ford should fix that too huh? :rolleyes:

OP
OP
S

seabass

Enthusiast
Reaction score
My buddy has a similar issue with his Ford Explorer. He was wasted drunk in a parking garage and smashed his passenger side rear door in when he hit a concrete pole, and now, for some strange reason, the door won't open.:dunno: I guess Ford should fix that too huh? :rolleyes:

good point but why not have Dodge fix it, they're bankrupt already so we'll all end up paying for it based on our ability too;) :lmao:

Viperless

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I have had this paint issue, the upper front part of the door pass. side hits the bottom of the fender and rubs the paint off on both my 08 and 09 right from the factory. guess this is a problem with allignment of the fender not the door (or the quarter fender).
I wish someone knew how to fix this problem!!!

Just noticed this on my '09 this past Saturday. :mad:

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
xeng yang