1/4 skip shift

TrapperJ

Enthusiast
Reaction score
So whats the final word on eliminating the 1/4 skip shift on a 2009? I don't want to do an "offroad" Mopar controller yet, but I NEED something now! For the first few weeks, I never noticed the skip. I was shifting at about 2500 rpms. Than the dreaded Fl blue hair menace reared their ugly right foot at a stop light. Feeling like a fool I quickly dow shifted into 3rd and limped away with my head down.
How do access the plug area and do you need a lift? John

Reaction score
Cannot be disabled any other way. Above 1700 rpm it should never engage so don't judge it or jump in before you really have to. I have NEVER had mine come into play so a little more quickness on the throttle will eliminate it.

So whats the final word on eliminating the 1/4 skip shift on a 2009? I don't want to do an "offroad" Mopar controller yet, but I NEED something now! For the first few weeks, I never noticed the skip. I was shifting at about 2500 rpms. Than the dreaded Fl blue hair menace reared their ugly right foot at a stop light. Feeling like a fool I quickly dow shifted into 3rd and limped away with my head down.
How do access the plug area and do you need a lift? John

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
booth