1.7 Roller Rockers for 2001 ?

GASDOC

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I also have a 2001 GTS with headers,3 inch exhaust,high flow cats,and BTR intake and was wondering the same thing.1.7 Rockers will set you back $800-$1200 + installation.What kind of horsepower gain would be expected?Also you must consider that your warranty will probably be voided.So is it worth it for maybe 10-15 hp?

treynor

Enthusiast
Reaction score
My somewhat-beyond-bone-stock 2001 RT has got T&D 1.7 roller rockers. I installed them at the same time as my cyl heads and a few other items, so I can't tell exactly what contribution they made to power. There have been no issues with them and the noise is not significantly higher than with the stock lifters.

Tom Welch

Enthusiast
Reaction score
BONE,

We will be testing the T&D's on a 2001 over the next few weeks. We will post the results.

My bet: No gain without headwork on any otherwise stock viper for 2 reasons

1. Not enough valve lift differential with stock flowing heads

2. .01 ratio change in rocker ratio is nearly insignificant especially considering that improper adjustment could negate that small gain.

I do believe though that with HEADWORK, the .030" of gained valve lift could make a difference on the newer cammed vipers that have degraded overlap and duration.

We will post the results that we will have from one of our customers 2001 GTS's. As always once completed our, test will have a DOLLAR VS. HORSEPOWER GAINED RATIO like all of our products to allow customers to see if the cost is worth the gains!(this is not to say that the T&D is not a good product........as it is a very high quality piece. Its all about 4 things for us; 1)do we really need it?, 2)How much is it going to cost?, 3)what amount of power will we gain?, 4) what maintenance/liability/driveability issues come into play?)

Tom
Http://btrviper.com

Rich Carlson

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Originally posted by Tom Welch:
BONE,

2. .01 ratio change in rocker ratio is nearly insignificant especially considering that improper adjustment could negate that small gain.
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
06Quad