1 of 7 Gold wheels again???

SandViper

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Is it just me? or have there been more than 7 of these sets out there floating around? In the last few years I have seen a few sets here and there, most with the rest of the car attached but really? I may have actually seen all 7 at one point in time. I specificaly remember a set on a Car in Minesotta. The car was for sale from a gentlemen that had 5 vipers at one time and had converted the car back from a drag car, that was about two or three years ago. Where are the rest?

Last edited by a moderator:

NHL2133

Enthusiast
Reaction score
There was a guy here in Colorado that owned 2 of the 7 at one point. He was trying to sell one and keep the other. I don't know what happened to him or his cars.

mbccenter

Legacy Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
RT-10 also had a gold wheel package. I think there are more than 7 made by dodge. There were 3 at one time here in MN all purchased new from dodge.

Mopar Boy

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Did I not hear there were some from the manufacturer that sold them as Chrysler did not buy them or something along those lines???

And I am sure there are some bogus wheels around too being passed off as originals.

Martin

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Don't these have a unique part number on them that shows what they are? Or, did the manufacturer just take a standard set of wheels and paint over them? If the manufacturer just painted over the wheels, then they're not worth much more than a standard set in my opinion - even if they're original... And, they're probably only worth something to someone who had an original red/gold car and needs replacement wheels.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
thiagets