1" seat lowering in 2008 question

John N

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I have a question for those of you that have already installed a 1" lowering kit in a 2008 car. What did you do with the seat position sensor for the air bags? The new rails have no cross bar to mount it on. I have seen the threads discussing the module being moved, but don't recall anyone discussing exactly what to do with the position sensor. Thanks.

ACRBruce

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I'm thinking of getting the 1" kit also. John, can you give an impression of the kit? Does the seat wobble at all or feel as solid as before?

OP
OP
J

John N

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I'm thinking of getting the 1" kit also. John, can you give an impression of the kit? Does the seat wobble at all or feel as solid as before?

I just put it in yesterday and have only taken it for a short test drive. So far it seems fine, but then I haven't engaged in any "spirited" driving yet. The directions are relatively poor, as noted on this site by many others, but the install went pretty smoothly with a little time allowed for thought (to fill in the instruction holes). I don't know why they haven't incorporated a mount for the seat position sensor on the new cars. Maybe they just need some time to get around to it.....

If I don't get any good feedback on this post, I may just pull the seat back out and make my own mount for the sensor. Right now I have the airbag error light in my dash reminding me that the sensor isn't plugged in....

Westxsrt10

Viper Owner
Reaction score
I installed my sensor like this (circled in red). I believe its now 100% active 100% of the time mounted like this. No error airbag lights so far.

rcl4668

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Installed on both driver and passenger side of my 2008 with no problems currently (knock on wood). Seats have been stable through multiple driving schools as well. Only issue is that the seats have become a little harder to move fore and aft. Unfortunately, my Dodge Viper tech did the install so I am not sure what they did with the gateway module.

/Rich

OP
OP
J

John N

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Thnks Westx. I guess the choice is between a fixed mount like you did, or setting it up off of the side rail so that it can see the seat position. I have until this weekend to decide, but your way looks much easier....

Thanks again for posting you mount.