10 second 1/4 mile mods?

Reaction score
A question for all you NHRA-savvy types -- my Viper's about to be capable of running sub-11 sec 1/4s on slicks. I've got an NHRA-approved rollbar/sidebar setup on the way from Autoform, which is the only thing the techs at Sears Point mentioned I'd need. Are there other NHRA requirements for running 10-second quarters which I should be aware of before I go back to the strip?

Reaction score
Ben -
It would really matter when you pass through tech how tough they want to be.
Pickup yourself a rule book and you may find some other necessary equipment you may need. I can think of a few more things but cannot be sure if you are rq'd to have them. A drive shaft loop may be added to your list and so on....

Regards,
Doug

OP
OP
S
Reaction score
I got hold of the tech for Sears Point, and here's the list he provided for the Viper:

SFI harmonic balancer for crankshaft
SFI clutch, bell housing, and flywheel
NHRA-approved rollbar with sidebars
5-point restraints
Helmet, fire-rated jacket
Aftermarket rear half-shafts

Does anyone know if the stock Viper harmonic balancer, clutch and bell housing are SFI-compliant?

pauls

Enthusiast
Reaction score
If your just testing play dumb!!!! If they think you don't have blow proof bellhousing, long wheel studs, on and on, you won't run. Tell them the car will only go 12s and ask for forgiveness if caught. IHRA is MUCH more lenient.

jp

Enthusiast
Reaction score
You will probably also need to ad loops around your half shafts.
Over 140Mp trap speed you need paraschute (maybe misspelled, I'm better in Swedish) hahahaa...

Let us kow what they say, I've had similar problems as you are facing now. Maybe we could get some one to build the SFI bell housing...? What do you say about that Doug?

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
xeng yang