10k miles and clutch is about done?????? what the heck

99FRC

Enthusiast
Reaction score
correct I am getting a clutch, slave cylinder, flywheel, and possibly a royal purple oil change and filter plus install for around $1,000 I would be willing to bet a little less than that. And I'm going to say this and get hammered but I am going to take the blame for the clutch being gone. I don't want to say it and still don't think its me but I will go along with the government and be guilty until proven innocent. ( there you go opened up a can of worms to keep this thread going lol) when we take the clutch out we are going to inspect throughly to see if there is something causing premature wear.

thx again
nemo

Nemo,

Both Malu(Jason)and I have had problems with our clutches. Soft pedal feel and getting overheated easily seems to be our biggest problem. I replaced the stock fluid with the ATF super blue about 1000 miles ago and the clutch has been performing better.

Try to change out your clutch fluid more often and replace the stock fluid with a higher quality product.....BTW good luck with the clutch problems