11.34 @ 129

SquadX

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I hope someone out there is able to keep their car stock for awhile and go to the tracks Ranger has gone to. Also the track where the "stock" Z06 ran 10's. We need to get the 08 on a good track, good day and it should break 10's.... "stock"

Reading my mind. Agree 100%, would be nice to see.

Wicked

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Modified exhaust and drag radials = stock?

I never said I was stock .. Merely showing a 10 second pass from my Z06. Also can take from the video that I only had a 127.7mph trap. If the Viper can get consistant 128's I see no reason the Viper wont run 10's.

Don't try reading into things so much, geeze. I have both cars, I could really care less about the Viper vs Corvette war people are always talking about.

Mike Brunton

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Someone needs to run these cars at Englishtown, MIR and the tracks that have good prep. New England Dragway has good prep as well... but Englishtown and MIR are tops.

I ran 1.6x 60' times at Englishtown in a GTS that had only K&N's and nothing more - stock tubes, stock halfshafts and rims, and MXX3 OEM tires. The car dynoed at 415RWHP. That was good for an 11.67 trap speed.

In an 08, 10's will be a walk in the park, and 130mph should be doable. I hit 122mph in the aforementioned GTS.

MikeR

Viper Owner
Reaction score
I never said I was stock .. Merely showing a 10 second pass from my Z06. Also can take from the video that I only had a 127.7mph trap. If the Viper can get consistant 128's I see no reason the Viper wont run 10's.

Don't try reading into things so much, geeze. I have both cars, I could really care less about the Viper vs Corvette war people are always talking about.

This whole thread is about STOCK. Nobody wants to see a vid of a Z06 running 10's, if it isnt STOCK. No offense, its just theres a million you tube vids of vettes, Vipers, Hondas etc running 10's. But of course there modified. Heck, why dont we start posting all the 7 sec Viper vids too. I think theres more of those then Vettes running 7's.

But its not about that, its about 10 second 1/4 mile vids in a stock , off the showroom condition, tires ,exhaust, intake etc....ALL STOCK.

Lawrenzo

Enthusiast
Reaction score
His "buddy" seems to be the invisable man.

No follow up to his claim whatsoever:dunno:

What Viper owner is his right mind would come on here with this post, and then totally leave us all hanging. :smirk:

Wicked

Enthusiast
Reaction score
This whole thread is about STOCK. Nobody wants to see a vid of a Z06 running 10's, if it isnt STOCK. No offense, its just theres a million you tube vids of vettes, Vipers, Hondas etc running 10's. But of course there modified. Heck, why dont we start posting all the 7 sec Viper vids too. I think theres more of those then Vettes running 7's.

But its not about that, its about 10 second 1/4 mile vids in a stock , off the showroom condition, tires ,exhaust, intake etc....ALL STOCK.

Your so right. I can't believe that I would even post a response at all. I removed the original post so nobody has to read it.

OP
OP
S

silversrt

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Pass was made by my bro-in-law in Texas. He's not a member here and doesnt post on any forums as far as I know. He has been waiting on his 08' for a while now. He is a seasoned drag racer and ran an 11.82 @ 124 in his 05 SRT last year. I havent been able to reach him for any other details but he did say the 08' runs like a "***** ape" compared to his 05 SRT. The 08' is a red vert by the way.

Hamrhead

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Someone needs to run these cars at Englishtown, MIR and the tracks that have good prep. New England Dragway has good prep as well... but Englishtown and MIR are tops.

I ran 1.6x 60' times at Englishtown in a GTS that had only K&N's and nothing more - stock tubes, stock halfshafts and rims, and MXX3 OEM tires. The car dynoed at 415RWHP. That was good for an 11.67 trap speed.

In an 08, 10's will be a walk in the park, and 130mph should be doable. I hit 122mph in the aforementioned GTS.
E-Town is decent, but IMO Cecil County in Maryland is the place to go for the Low ET!!

Atco (NJ) is good too.

Really need to wait for warmer weather now though. I went to Atco a few weeks back in 40 degree temps and spun halfway down the track.:omg:

Twister

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Find out if his 05 SRT10 had any mods. Thanks for the heads up so far

redlineviper

Viper Owner
Reaction score
In regards to the NHRA changing to roll bar and fire suite it is possible. If I recall just a few years ago it was 11.99 or faster. It would seem to make sence that a car would have to meet federal safty standards of a certain year. A 68 mustang that runs a 10.98 is a different ride than a 08 viper, vette, fgt, etc. Just my two cents worth.

Kenneth Krieger

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Ran a 10:24 at 139 at Speedworld (west of metro Phoenix), and they had a hissie fit!!! No roll cage, no driving suit, and almost bodily thrown out of the track and told "don't come back without a full cage in that car!" S/C'd, etc. etc.
The 08 "should" crack the 10's unless RANGER is driving, then it's sure to crack the 9's, isn't it??

Flyntgr

Viper Owner
Reaction score
I'm not driving mine to redline, or over 4K rpm's, until I have 500 miles on the odo and an oil change. Give us some time and we'll find out!!!!

Viper X

Former VCA National President
VCA Officer
Reaction score
My wife drove my GTS (heads / cam / exhaust) to an 11.7 at 129.4 with street tires, so the power of the 2008 seems to be right in line with a modded GTS, i.e. about 600+ fwhp / 525 ish rwhp.

This is very respectable.

Boxer12

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I'm not driving mine to redline, or over 4K rpm's, until I have 500 miles on the odo and an oil change. Give us some time and we'll find out!!!!
Hey, here's an idea. Drive it to Indiana this weekend, and by the time you get here, it will be broke in. We can change the oil and take it directly to the dragstrip! Maybe you will be the first guy in the world to break 11 sec in a stock Viper! :headbang:

Disturbed

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Put some sticky tires on it, and it'll hit 10's. If the PS2 stick like the Kumho V700's, it WILL hit a 10.80-10.90 129mph is really strong.

RTTTTed

Viper Owner
Reaction score

7 sec vette's? Never saw any of those vids. I can't imagine a streeter vette going that fast, althought I suppose it's a remote possibility. TT & Nitrous.

RTTTTed

Viper Owner
Reaction score
couple million vettes against a few thousand Vipers? I expect it amy take awhile to get the 'stocker' working properly.

There's no 'stocker' rules is there? You can have as many miles as you want, disconnect the alt. feed wire, run less oil, less water, throw out the cig lighter and ashtray, ... or not? Is it OK to make the stock rockers into 1.7 as long as you keep the stock ones?

Sorry, just being facetious. The stock 10.5 vette had to produce nearly 600rwhp to go that fast. Since it's rated at 505hp a 600 rated hp Viper should easily go 10.1, shouldn't it?

LOL

Ted

Twister

Enthusiast
Reaction score
People have been getting them for the past week..5 on this site..But how many delivered that never post here..Probally MANY..

They're out their and we'll be reading about them soon enough at the strip and on the freeway..

Im pretty excited

jamie furman

Enthusiast
Reaction score
It has already been taken care of, I will let the donor tell you what I will be driving. Also
I will be running at the same tracks as RANGER and the guy who just ran a 10.98 with a
bone stock Z06.

***YOU WON'T BELIEVE THE CAR THAT I'M DRIVING, HURRY UP LEE, TELL THEM***

:drive: :drive: :drive: :headbang:

COMING SOON 2008 VIPER BONE STOCK 10.XX 1/4 MILE

Just let me know the day you are going and I will bring the Z that ran 10.98 stock and we can have some fun!:) As a multiple viper owner, I have always felt they were great 1/4 milers and I agree they should go in the 10's with the right driver.

OP
OP
S

silversrt

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Funny how small of a world it is out there. I bought Jamie Furmans old solid black 00 GTS and now have WANTED's old silver 04 SRT. Talked to my bro-in-law who didnt really give me any earth shattering info other than ambient temp was low 60s, he made 3 passes (best was last) and said he probably burned 10000 miles of tire life off in the burn out box. He had an SRT that he went 11.80s on last year sometime. That car had a cat back but was stock otherwise.

Twister

Enthusiast
Reaction score
So 11.3s in the gen4 and 11.8's in the gen3..Interesting AND THANKS

jamie furman

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Funny how small of a world it is out there. I bought Jamie Furmans old solid black 00 GTS and now have WANTED's old silver 04 SRT. Talked to my bro-in-law who didnt really give me any earth shattering info other than ambient temp was low 60s, he made 3 passes (best was last) and said he probably burned 10000 miles of tire life off in the burn out box. He had an SRT that he went 11.80s on last year sometime. That car had a cat back but was stock otherwise.

That was a mint GTS! Is it still around? I bought an 2002 ACR after I sold that to you and it turned out to be my fastest bone stock viper to date 11.59 at 123mph with 200 miles on the odometer in 60 degree weather.

SnakeBitten

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I bought an 2002 ACR after I sold that to you and it turned out to be my fastest bone stock viper to date 11.59 at 123mph with 200 miles on the odometer in 60 degree weather.

:omg: Not even the Gen III got that time..And the trap speed is the highest Ive ever seen for a gen II....great driving:drive:

jamie furman

Enthusiast
Reaction score
:omg: Not even the Gen III got that time..And the trap speed is the highest Ive ever seen for a gen II....great driving:drive:

Thanks! But the Gen 3's don't 1/4mile as good as GTS's, at least in stock condition, not even close IMO. The GTS's have always run much faster at any of the events I have attended at Englishtown or the Viper Nationals in Beech Bend or even my home track MIR.
As a matter of fact Vice President George Farris who is a friend of mine was at Mir for a local Viperclub event when I bolted on a set of drag radials back in 1999 on my first GTS and ran 11.41 at 123 in a bone stock GTS with the only mod being those DR's!

Last edited:

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rlamorte