11.34 @ 129

MikeR

Viper Owner
Reaction score
I hope someone out there is able to keep their car stock for awhile and go to the tracks Ranger has gone to. Also the track where the "stock" Z06 ran 10's. We need to get the 08 on a good track, good day and it should break 10's.... "stock"

hardtop

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Nice pass it should be no prob to run 10's with some seat time.

SnakeBitten

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Buddy called and just ran an 11.34 @ 129 in bone stock 08. Will try to find details and post again.

Wow...What track was this run at???Was it below sea level like the track the Z06 broke 10's on???You get where Im coming from???

Where is Wanted.....time to update that thread...

Twister

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Just a matter of time now....It will crack 130 PLUS mph...

MikeR

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Were going to start needing more info, track, temps, 60 ft, etc. And videos and timeslips to shut up the Vette boys. Even though its not built to be a drag car, this is getting exciting.

WANTED

Enthusiast
Reaction score
someone get wanted a ride

It has already been taken care of, I will let the donor tell you what I will be driving. Also
I will be running at the same tracks as RANGER and the guy who just ran a 10.98 with a
bone stock Z06.

***YOU WON'T BELIEVE THE CAR THAT I'M DRIVING, HURRY UP LEE, TELL THEM***

:drive: :drive: :drive: :headbang:

COMING SOON 2008 VIPER BONE STOCK 10.XX 1/4 MILE

Andrew/USPWR

Enthusiast
Reaction score
It has already been taken care of, I will let the donor tell you what I will be driving. Also
I will be running at the same tracks as RANGER and the guy who just ran a 10.98 with a
bone stock Z06.

***YOU WON'T BELIEVE THE CAR THAT I'M DRIVING, HURRY UP LEE, TELL THEM***

:drive: :drive: :drive: :headbang:

COMING SOON 2008 VIPER BONE STOCK 10.XX 1/4 MILE

Cool:headbang:

Camfab

Enthusiast
Reaction score
This cracks me up! NHRA has gotta revise their rules, I ran a similar time with only ONE real pass in my GTS and got booted off the track. Now the '08s are running similar times. You can't even drive these cars anywhere legally, so explain this to me......... How the H^!! are 100 different Corvette guys running high 10-low11's at 125 + in a "stock Z-06". What track let's that happen? Are these tracks Honest NHRA spec facilities? 1320' No offense but how can you run those numbers pass after pass and be allowed to continue? Really makes me wonder? Trust me, no offense to anyone, but what's the deal? Secret handshake, we've got private track days here, and you STILL have to follow NHRA rules! I want a 10 sec pass, and no track will let me do it!!!!!!

Camfab

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sorry I did'nt mean to derail the thread, awesome times for the '08. It's going to be interesting what happens from here on out.

MikeR

Viper Owner
Reaction score
I thought I read or heard rumor of tracks allowing a truly bone stock car down to tires, run what it can run. Whcih makes sense. If they build these cars and were racing at the track and not the streets, then we should be allowe to run without all the safety requirments. Now if you take any car and add tons more power, then Id expect certain precautions should be made.
And we are only starting to hit 130 mph stock, thats still not dangerous fast like the 7 second vipers running 170-180 mph traps. Let us run, better the track then the streets.

Camfab

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I thought I read or heard rumor of tracks allowing a truly bone stock car down to tires, run what it can run. Whcih makes sense. If they build these cars and were racing at the track and not the streets, then we should be allowe to run without all the safety requirments. Now if you take any car and add tons more power, then Id expect certain precautions should be made.
And we are only starting to hit 130 mph stock, thats still not dangerous fast like the 7 second vipers running 170-180 mph traps. Let us run, better the track then the streets.

I agree with you, but the NHRA does'nt! ANY car running faster than 11.49 requires a basic cage and a fire retardant jacket. Run 135mph and you need a full cage and a host of other goodies. If it's not an NHRA spec track? who knows. Who's to say the track has'nt shorted the length just a bit to make it seem like it's a fast track? Just food for thought.

Last edited:

Camfab

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Everything will be documented for all to see.

slips , pics , video :2tu:

I'm looking forward to your runs! What's the deal with your local track? Do they sidestep the rules? Really curious.

By the way Good Luck!

WANTED

Enthusiast
Reaction score
This cracks me up! NHRA has gotta revise their rules, I ran a similar time with only ONE real pass in my GTS and got booted off the track. Now the '08s are running similar times. You can't even drive these cars anywhere legally, so explain this to me......... How the H^!! are 100 different Corvette guys running high 10-low11's at 125 + in a "stock Z-06". What track let's that happen? Are these tracks Honest NHRA spec facilities? 1320' No offense but how can you run those numbers pass after pass and be allowed to continue? Really makes me wonder? Trust me, no offense to anyone, but what's the deal? Secret handshake, we've got private track days here, and you STILL have to follow NHRA rules! I want a 10 sec pass, and no track will let me do it!!!!!!

This might help you become more informed. The first run
you make if you go faster then 11.49 with a hardtop you
are given a warning from track officials. The warning per
NHRA rules states that a second pass running faster then
11.49 you are forced to leave the track . With that being
said, you have 2 passes including practice runs to go faster
then 11.49. The best way to prepare for the best runs are
to back off during practice just to get a feel of the track
without going faster then 11.49. When you show up at
the track as long as you pay your fee and the car passes
inspection you get to make a run, regardless. I will tell
you that at times I have been given a warning pryor to
making my first run, track officials are not stupid. Even
when it's a track rental all rules apply but some clubs
have their own insurance which takes liability away from
track owners. Some tracks will let you run without giving
warnings when you are insured through your club that
is paying for the private rental. No private handshake comes
into play. On a final note when going through the traps
at say 130 mph by the time you let off the pedal , at least
in my case, your speed is at least 140 to 145. I myself like
to see 150 then start braking , just a personal high LOL.
Hope this has helped you to understand what really happens
at the track.

Tom ( WANTED )

Camfab

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Thanks for the reply Tom, but at California Speedway I got NO warnings. One real pass, I went 11.47 @ 129.5mph and it was over. At the end of the track they cut my wrist band and said "cage that car and get a jacket". Honestly, I thought they would warn me and I'd get a chance to really let it all hang out.

WANTED

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Thanks for the reply Tom, but at California Speedway I got NO warnings. One real pass, I went 11.47 @ 129.5mph and it was over. At the end of the track they cut my wrist band and said "cage that car and get a jacket". Honestly, I thought they would warn me and I'd get a chance to really let it all hang out.

That can happen and it does depend who the officials are.
Just as in the real world give some guy some power and
lookout. I would try another track if I were you.

GOOD LUCK AND LETS SEE SOME SLIPS. :drive: :headbang:

As I stated I have been WARNED during the inspection
process, leaving me with one pass faster then 11.49.

bluestreak

Enthusiast
Reaction score
OK back on topic,

129 is bloody crazy!!!!!!!!!

10's should be a walk in the park with those traps.

Camfab

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I've got my one time slip in my gallery, but you've got to enlarge the image to see it. CA the land of drag racing is going down the tubes, we've got three tracks within a 100 mile radius. Pomona, the best track, no longer permits drag racing other than professional events. California Speedway has a very limited schedule available for test and tune, Street Legal days are a joke with over 300+ cars showing up. I had to beg them to let me run on a "sportsman slicks only" test and tune day with my Pilot Cups. Bakersfield has nearly no open days either. Private track days like those run by Alternative Motorsports are during the week. I work during the week, so that's out the door. The one track "LACR" Los Angeles County Raceway which had plenty of Test and Tune Days was forced to shut down this past summer due to losing their lease to the aggregate company that had leased them the land for 30+ years. LACR was the track that 90% of all magazine tests were conducted for years. They wonder why so many kids are out street racing here.

Anyway Back to subject at hand, the '08 Viper sure is impressive and it will be interesting if the NHRA will again drop the min E.T. as well as MPH with the new fleet of super cars emerging. When I think about all the money I spent over the years trying to get my cars into the 13's, then the 12's.........11's and now hopefully 10's in a basically stock car it blows my mind. I really don't believe that 95% of the people here understand what an acomplishment it is for an OEM to do this while meeting smog, fuel, safety standards and being able to drive around a roadcourse as well. Be it Dodge, Chevy or Ford, these are amazing times.

PDCjonny

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Just make sure you get a VIDEO of the run, unlike the Vette nutswingers who never seem to get a video of their earth shaking passes. They happen at closed tracks, etc...

WANTED

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Buddy called and just ran an 11.34 @ 129 in bone stock 08. Will try to find details and post again.

Post time slip and the gear he was in at the trap. Any info
on his runs would be great .