120,000 miles

RTTTTed

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Nice! I've never had a car with that many miles on it.

When I was young I used to buy ALL my cars with 100-130,000miles. Rebuild the engine and tranny and do heavy mods. "The Good Old days" 8 tracks LOL :) :)

Ted

slaughterj

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Good stuff Chuck! Thought it would have been higher though!

I have over 110k miles between 2, 80k on the first, over 30 on the current.

mach4444

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Chuck,
congrats! heres to hoping mine lasts just as long.

bought my 2000 rt/10 3 years ago with 7,500 miles and I just turned 52,000 miles this weekend and still running strong.
easy to put on the miles here in fla. it is a big state with great weather.....

AviP

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Change fluids regularly, whether you drive it or not. And change all of them, not just oil. Don't forget the coolant and use distilled water, not tap.

No major problems.
Power window motor went bad. Fixed at 60,000 working fine since.
Had a leak in the timing chain cover at 50K.
A/C doesn't blow cold (probably the seal everyone replaces).
Radio hasn't worked in years.
Cats discolor the sills, need to repaint every 40,000 or so. I have plans to vent the sills but haven't gotten around to it.
Doors adjusted for sag.
Driver's seat belt is a bit frayed and the seat is starting to show some age. Passenger side still good.
Congrats Chuck. Perhaps you could swap the passenger and driver seats or seat parts to even the wear out for the next 120K miles.

Cudaman

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Change fluids regularly, whether you drive it or not. And change all of them, not just oil. Don't forget the coolant and use distilled water, not tap.

No major problems.
Power window motor went bad. Fixed at 60,000 working fine since.
Had a leak in the timing chain cover at 50K.
A/C doesn't blow cold (probably the seal everyone replaces).
Radio hasn't worked in years.
Cats discolor the sills, need to repaint every 40,000 or so. I have plans to vent the sills but haven't gotten around to it.
Doors adjusted for sag.
Driver's seat belt is a bit frayed and the seat is starting to show some age. Passenger side still good.

But has the driver held up as well over the years?

Cudaman:usa:

PowerKraus

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Super to hear you've enjoyed your buggy for so many miles, including road racing and drag racing. And on top of that, so few problems. I also enjoy my GTS, bought it used with 800 miles and just flipped 36,000 with 100% Zero Fail miles. It's a keeper just like my original owner 1987 Grand National with 99,500 miles, all 1/4 mile at a time.

I'm also a former corvette guy, and truly appreciate the simplicity of the Viper 'formula' with sole nanny control of ABS, easy PCM mods via piggyback VEC, and CUBES !!! No substitute for displacement. I think alot of our longevity in the powertrain is due to the cubes/torque that does not require you wind her up past 6,000 rpm.

Again, great to hear the news and hope you continue to enjoy ! Thanks for sharing!

Rob
2002 GTS with Nitrox Assist

The 98 RT/10 just rolled over today. Looking forward to the next 120,000 miles.

Thanks Dodge for building the greatest most dependable bulletproof sportscar in history.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SDViper