1200 miles/22 hours, new Viper owner!

uvbnbit

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Well worth it! To see the excitement on a personal friend's ("researching a Viper for friend thread") face as he climbs into his very own Viper:cool:.
Short version:
We met at Nashville Int'l Airport Friday morning (July 4th) at 4:30 a.m. (yes, A.M.:headbang:). Flew to Atlanta. Connect flight to Richmond, VA where we were picked up by Bernie (BJ Motors) Katz at 11:30. I'm sure Ken will add more later, but all I can say is Bernie's collection of cars is something to see :2tu:. The car Ken bought was everything Bernie said it was. We'd heard nothing but good about him and his company. I can personally say, Bernie is a genuine, Viper NUT!:2tu: We were planning on leaving his garage by 12:30. Didn't happen! He was kind enough to take his time with us to show us around and look at some of his other fine automobiles. After we finally left, we were about 1/2 way back, when Bernie called and told us there were some bad storms in our path (thunderstorms, hail, damaging winds, etc), so we pulled off to check the weather on the laptop and waited a little while. We thought about getting a hotel room and rest. Didn't happen!. Ken was too excited! Yes this is the short version :D. Anyway, laptop battery died, I called my wife Lisa, she checked the weather, and we were back on our way.:2tu: Ken dropped me off. Lisa/Teresa (Viper Twins) picked me up,and I got home at 1:30 am Sat. morn. Congratulations Ken on your Viper purchase and welcome to the VIPER NATION. Here's a few pics.

The deal:
You must be registered for see images attach

Part of the "collection:

The purchase: Silver '98 RT/10

the "sign"

THE SMILE SAYS IT ALL!!!:headbang::stick::clap2::dj::guitar:

-Chip Winter
VCA President, AL/TN Region

cyaford

Enthusiast
Reaction score
That's awesome Chip!! Sounds like you guys had a blast. Not a bad way to spend the 4th of July.

Did you get to test out the Saleen? :D

OP
OP
U

uvbnbit

Enthusiast
Reaction score
That's awesome Chip!! Sounds like you guys had a blast. Not a bad way to spend the 4th of July.

Did you get to test out the Saleen? :D

No we didn't get to test it out:mad:. But, Bernie said he was going to pick Ken up at the airport in it if I wouldn't have been with him.:crazy2:. Oh well:dunno:

OP
OP
U

uvbnbit

Enthusiast
Reaction score
As an auto dealer/broker, he prefers to deal with low mileage/well maintained vehicles. This one was 7900 mi. It looked great inside and out.:2tu: Thanks.

alpine7822

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Congrats on the purchase and welcome to Viper nation! I got my Mamba from Bernie and love it (I remember sitting in that same room signing my paperwork)!

Be safe and have fun!

jpa99acr

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Yes, it's a Saleen S7 :cool:. There wasn't a Ferrari there (that I was aware of):confused:
Wow what a trip. Sounds like Bernie is into domestic supercars, Ford Gt Viper, Saleen... Welcome to the club Ken! I wonder who influenced you to get a 98 silver Rt :)

I didn't know Bernie had a Saleen. Lambo of Vegas had a twin turbo liztick red a few yrs back, just like that one. Heck might be that one. Man what a car.

You must be registered for see images

Did Bernie get that S7 with the tan interior from the John Elway dealership in Denver?

They let you out of your cage over at the alley huh?

Last edited:

V10SpeedLuvr

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Welcome to the club Ken!! Enjoy the beast :D Hope you can make Tony's BBQ on the 19th!

No we didn't get to test it out:mad:. But, Bernie said he was going to pick Ken up at the airport in it if I wouldn't have been with him.:crazy2:. Oh well:dunno:

You would've been leaving the airport in a taxi and I'd be leaving in a Saleen had it been me there instead :D :lmao:

OP
OP
U

uvbnbit

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Damn Chip, I was in Richmond then, wish I knew you were in town!

I thought about hooking up with some VA members, but we'd never got home:D. But, we'll see ya at Tony's:2tu:

Welcome to the club Ken!! Enjoy the beast :D Hope you can make Tony's BBQ on the 19th!

You would've been leaving the airport in a taxi and I'd be leaving in a Saleen had it been me there instead :D :lmao:

Spoken like a true VCA President.:bonker: :naughty: :spank: Putting everyone else before self.:D:lmao: We'll see ya at Tony's:headbang::headbang:
-Chip

alpine7822

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I thought about hooking up with some VA members, but we'd never got home:D.

You should have let us know! We could have met you at Bernie's and done lunch or something! Always glad to meet up with another owner (could have even picked you up at the airport in the dd and taken you to Bernie's).

Kenneth Krieger

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Now you are "bitten"! Look out.......I feel mods coming on sooner or later!!! Congrats.....it's a GREAT feeling driving home after a purchase!

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SDViper