18" Kumho up front?

lleone

Enthusiast
Reaction score
18\" Kumho up front?

Anybody try running Kumho Ecsta V700 285/30/18's up front? They're spec'ed at 24.6" which is a good bit shorter than stock. Issues, comments? I was thinking of running 18's up front and the 17's in back.

Thanks in advance,
Lou

BlueGTS

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Re: 18

I had those tires on the rear of my previous car. The 30% profile is very small. If your car is not lowered I would guess the wheel well gap would be rather large. It looked a bit strange on my car. Other than that I loved the tires. If they made a 285/35/18 it would be much better, but no such luck.

RockyTop

Enthusiast
Reaction score

Lleone,

I believe a number of VRL drivers had their cars set up with 18" fronts and 17" rears. Call John Purner at Complete Cutom Wheel in Daytona Beach and ask him - - then buy some of his wheels !

I have considered this as well. I am trying to figure out the cheapest way to shoe horn in better brakes all around without having to spend for all new 18" wheels too !

Let me know what you hear.

Rocky ([email protected])

OP
OP
L

lleone

Enthusiast
Reaction score

Rocky,

John thought the 285/30/18 Kumhos were too short up front. Given that the overall drop is only 1/2", I thought I'd post to see if anyone had tried running that config.

As far as the sandblasting aspect. There are lightweight rubber/felt liners you can apply to the insides of your wheel wells to quiet it down. The 3M products also are a must for the exposed painted areas. No big deal though.

Lou

RockyTop

Enthusiast
Reaction score

Llleone,

I think Tony's side sills comment may also refer to rocks thrown up the side of the car from the sticky Kuhmos (as well as inside the heel wells). I am not sure if the 3M clear covering is adviseable in light of the side sill heat, but I admit I have never tried it. Others here will know whether side sill heat would cause problems for the 3M stuff.

Best of luck in your efforts to find the set up that's best for you.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
xeng yang