1992 -1996 RT/10 Supercharger kit....

Sean Roe

Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
Hi Everyone,

Just wanted to bring you up to speed on the progress.
Autorotor has one of our Supercharger kits on a Gen 1 engine in Sweden and are working with us to produce the alternator bracketry, or offset drive system.

It will be a while yet, but progress is being made.

Best regards,
Sean

Bandit3

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Hey, guys, shhhhhhh, don't be so enthusiastic, it might reflect in the price. Kidding, I personally am looking forward to the set up. John

viperrt96

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Thanks for the update. If and when it is available. I want to be one of the first on the list. Anyone need a NX kit? Cant wait!

OP
OP
S

Sean Roe

Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
How many horsepower is expected????

I would expect about the same gains we see on the Gen 2 engine, which is about 5% per lb of boost at the rear wheels (typical gen 2 gains, peak to peak, are 28% at the rear wheels with greater gains at lower rpms).

The torque on a Gen 1 should be awesome.

Sean

MarineGuns

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sean,

Thanks for keeping us GEN I owners in mind. I look forward to more details as you develop the system.

I guess I need to start saving now.

Howard

GG

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sean, Do you expect to have 2 different configurations for Gen 1's, one for non-A/C and one for A/C? It would seem that non A/C cars like mine would require a less complicated set-up.

MannyC

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Just going through some archve searches. Any word yet on this supercharger? Last post was about 4 months ago.

What other options are there for Gen 1 owners and what can you expect to pay?

Manny

Gerald

Enthusiast
Reaction score
DLM makes a Level I (for Gen I's) kit and pumps them out MUCH quicker than his other levels. You might want to consider as the price might actually come out kind of close (I think DLM said he might be lowering his price for Level I's?? but I can't be sure) after other mods to get still less HP (tb's, Vec, headers, catback, roller rockers, headwork, HF cats, etc etc, installation, tuning)... Just a thought if Roe doesn't come out with the GenI supercharger, or doesn't come out quick enough for you. Good Luck in getting one and when you do...whatever system you get.. You'll go APEsh1T when you realize that your stock viper is Sllllllllllllllllllllllllow.. :laugh: :laugh:

Take care

G

Paolo Castellano

Enthusiast
Reaction score
DLM makes a Level I (for Gen I's) kit and pumps them out MUCH quicker than his other levels. You might wants to consider as the price might actually come out kind of close after other mods to get still less HP (tb's, Vec, headers, catback, roller rockers, headwork, HF cats, etc etc, installation, tuning)... Just a thought if Roe doesn't come out with the GenI supercharger, or doesn't come out quick enough for you. Good Luck in getting one and when you do...whatever system you get.. You'll go APEsh1T when you realize that your stock viper is Sllllllllllllllllllllllllow.. :laugh: :laugh:

Take care

Geald

Gerald, you are unbelievable! A DLM advertising Wh*re Extrordinaire=>from here on out to be known as DLMAWE! This is a post about Sean Roe's kit and I think you make DLM look bad by hijacking this thread!

Repeat after me, "This is a Sean Roe Thread.............."

Gerald

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I"m sorry Paolo, it wasnt' meant as an advertisement, just an option for superbar. My apologies if I somehow offended you. Didn't mean to hijack. Well intentions were meant....

MaxedGTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
[/QUOTE]

Gerald, you are unbelievable! A DLM advertising Wh*re Extrordinaire=>from here on out to be known as DLMAWE! This is a post about Sean Roe's kit and I think you make DLM look bad by hijacking this thread!

[/QUOTE]Paoblo, what are you some kind of moderator????? YOU of all people calling the kettle black?? This is an OPEN FORUM,
AN OPEN FORUM is for everybody and anybody.

Repeat after me "AN OPEN FORUM"

Max

OutThere

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I welcome someone including the competition for a change. DLM pricees coming down?? If that is true it would be worth consideration. Though it would be nice to heard it from the source for a change. Pricing can be such a closely held secret sometimes it's a real pain. Makes the decision making process that much more difficult.

GONABITE

Enthusiast
Reaction score
The problem is that most other Tuners that sell superchargers will not post prices. I have no idea why maybe they would sell more, sometimes people would rather just read about a product and its prices, than to call and talk to someone and take up there valuable time. Just my opinion.

MannyC

Enthusiast
Reaction score
OK, since I brought this post back to life after 4 months, let me just say that I would appreciate ALL posts having to do with superchargers/turbochargers for a Gen 1 RT/10.

I'm looking to get the best bang for the buck. I don't (think I) need an 800HP car. I know a guy who has a supercharged C5 vette that puts out about 600HP and I don't want him to say my viper is slow when I take him for a ride. OK, that is not really the reason, but I do want a faster car. As it stands now, I can't tell any real difference (speed wise) between the viper and my Z06 except that the vette is a much better daily driver car, and the viper is a much better looking car (again, my opinion.) That being said, I would like to feel a SERIOUS difference (power wise) between my daily driver and my fun weekend sports car ;) And I would like to do it as cheaply as possible, without giving up too much of any one thing by compromising price.

Just to clarify, from reading some of the archived posts, it looks like the Supercharges for the Gen2 cars from Roe are around the $7-8K price range, with an install costing around $500 or so. Let's say $7,500 out the door. Gen 1 Super Chargers from Roe are said to be around the same price when they come out. So, what is this DLM stage 1 going to cost out the door? Prices I saw seemed to be twice as high, if not more. Maybe I am not comparing apples to apples though.

Manny

GCHDEALER

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Just to clarify, from reading some of the archived posts, it looks like the Supercharges for the Gen2 cars from Roe are around the $7-8K price range, with an install costing around $500 or so. Let's say $7,500 out the door. Gen 1 Super Chargers from Roe are said to be around the same price when they come out. So, what is this DLM stage 1 going to cost out the door? Prices I saw seemed to be twice as high, if not more. Maybe I am not comparing apples to apples though.

Manny
More like $8K out the door, just go with that. :D

Paolo Castellano

Enthusiast
Reaction score

[/QUOTE]Paoblo, what are you some kind of moderator????? YOU of all people calling the kettle black?? This is an OPEN FORUM,
AN OPEN FORUM is for everybody and anybody.

Repeat after me "AN OPEN FORUM"

Max

[/QUOTE]

Max, I think you should try to spell my name correctly instead of the name calling. You are the biggest joke of them all! Have you ever even raced your car? Do you consider yourself a good driver?

I respect the DLM posts and do not say negative things like you DLM guys did on the Heffner/Mash post. I think that it was not right for Gerald to do what could be construed as a DLM advertisement in a Sean Roe Gen-1 supercharger post. If you want to mention DLM doing Gen-1 work, start your own post.

A couple months ago, one of you guys pointed out the same thing to me when I mentioned Heffner in a DLM thread. Initially, I did not appreciate the remark, but after I thought about it, you guys were right. So I say we just keep everything positive in regards to a particular thread. Asking questions is fine, that is the "Open Forum" concept applied.

Max, I will be happy to run you any kind of race you want when I get my car back. I think you live in Ohio which is close to Chicago. It will be put up or shut up. Until then, you should keep your little 'nothing to back it up' comments to yourself. Spank you very much!

GaryA

Enthusiast
Reaction score
The problem is that most other Tuners that sell superchargers will not post prices. I have no idea why maybe they would sell more, sometimes people would rather just read about a product and its prices, than to call and talk to someone and take up there valuable time. Just my opinion.

Jason Heffner posts his prices and all the info you need. Check it out here:

Heffner's SC Pricing

MannyC

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Thanks Gary for posting the link. At a price of nearly $16,000 for the Supercharger system, what do you get that you don't get with a Roe Supercharger at nearly half the cost?

I just put nearly $6K into the RT/10 I just bought, for both appearance and a little mod work. I really want a super charger, but if I can save myself $8K, I can do some fabulous things to trick out the car visually with that money.

Thanks for the help.

FE 065

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I stumbled across this page once (http://www.reichardracing.com/dodge_viper_intercooler.htm) and asked them about the Viper parts , they said they made it for Heffner Perf.
I'm not seeing the gain for the extra $8K either. Much of the extra cost is for the support systems of the Heffner system incl. the intercooler, a lot less re-arranging of things in the engine compartment with the Roe system = less to pay for in parts and labor. I'm told Roe's type is much quieter, though I wouldn't mind a little blower whine I guess-but it might get tiring after while.

bigr1

Enthusiast
Reaction score
<font color="red">I have cleaned up a BUNCH of posts from you BIGR1. You have(had) your several posts.....get your point across there...this is not your thread. Signed, Vipermad</font>