1992-2002 New spin on the old fan Radiator Fan Control Kit… Now fully adjustable!

ViperTony

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Thank Sean. I'll order the DIY kit as soon as it appears on your site.

dave6666

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Thank Sean. I'll order the DIY kit as soon as it appears on your site.

Well Tony, you'll get Vin # 0000000002. I heard my coins clang from here in Texas when they hit his porch earlier. Or maybe that was beers hitting dirt in my lawn...

Hey. Do ya'll call 90 degrees hot up there??? What you need parts like these for?

:eater:

ViperTony

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Well Tony, you'll get Vin # 0000000002. I heard my coins clang from here in Texas when they hit his porch earlier. Or maybe that was beers hitting dirt in my lawn...

Hey. Do ya'll call 90 degrees hot up there??? What you need parts like these for?

:eater:

100 degrees today my friend and its humid as a dog in heat. But my AC is CHILLY...I was freezing in the Viper yesterday. When I stepped out of the Viper my sunglasses fogged over. :)

OP
OP
S

Sean Roe

Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
OP
OP
S

Sean Roe

Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
just ordered mine.

sean whats the range of temps you can turn it on / off at ?

Colder than you need to to hotter than you need to :D
Seriously, you can make the fan come on without the engine having been run if it's a hot day.
We've found that "on" at 200 works great (shuts off at 188).

RobZilla

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Good question... Stock kicks on too late for me.... This is how easy it is to adjust:

You can set the temp that the fan comes on at. After the install procedure there's instructions on the recommended setting (200 - third mark after 190 on the temp guage) Obviously you can set it lower or higher.

1 - Turn the car on
2 - Watch the temp guage as it warms up
3 - When it gets to the temp you want... go to the dial on the box and start slowly turning counter clockwise until you hear the fan kick on.
4 - Grab a beer

Actually Dave... my kit arrived the day before Sean posted this thread so I have number 1.:drive:

:usa:

dave6666

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Actually Dave... my kit arrived the day before Sean posted this thread so I have number 1.:drive:

I heard Dave, beer, and number 1 in the same post. Will someone take me to that place? Now?

Anyway, whatever on kit Vin #0000000001. You just drove over there and got yours. You were probably standing there watching him build it.

Sean - "Move back Rob"

Rob - "I like the pretty wire colors"

Sean - "I heard something outside. Go check that Rob"

Rob - "OK Sean-O-Kanobe"

A minute passes...

Sean - "What was it?"

Rob - "It's $59 taped to a rock painted like the Texas flag. Says he'll be back tomorrow."

Sean - "Good. He'll get the first kit I set aside earlier. This second one for you is almost done, so you can leave."

Last edited:

skeetachya

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Come on Rob, dont you remember that guy in the bush behind Sean's shop with the tiny jean shorts on, the tall white socks and wearing the Texas shirt?

ruckdr

Enthusiast
Reaction score
You guys are too much! I actually ordered mine before the link went up on the site, and so you all can argue who has #000000001, #000000002, #000000003, etc, etc,
BUT in reality I have # -000000001. Oh well !!

I'm sure we will all realize a plus from the mod, regardless of the number.

Later,

RobZilla

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Dave was spotted outside his local Texas UPS (pictured below) anxiously awaiting the arrival of his fan kit. The heat in Texas must be making him delirious. Please Sean, ship his out soon for everyone's sake.

Picture023.jpg

Nice new pink stripe mod Dave...:lmao::lmao::lmao::lmao:

:usa::tx:

Last edited:

skeetachya

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Sean if you could send him the rest of his shorts also... I think while he was messing with the fan, his shorts got caught in there. :lmao::lmao::lmao::lmao:

OP
OP
S

Sean Roe

Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
Hi Everyone,
Response on the kits has been pretty high and we've been been steadily building them.
We did run into an inventory issue on a couple of the components and some orders will be delayed a few days due to the demand.
We will always ship an item the moment it's ready to go.
Thanks!
Sean

Ummmm, interesting attire Dave......

Rainer

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Hello everybody

Can someone post some pics of the Fan Control Kit allready installed?

Thanks and greetings from overseas

Rainer from Austria

Rainer

Viper Owner
Reaction score
I am installing just at the moment.
12V + and 0V - is already connected.
But which green should i take??
That one in the upper wire harness loom (very thick) or the one at the lower loom with the connector.
Please have a look at the pictures.

Last edited:

dave6666

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Dave was spotted outside his local Texas UPS (pictured below) anxiously awaiting the arrival of his fan kit. The heat in Texas must be making him delirious. Please Sean, ship his out soon for everyone's sake.

:usa::tx:

Sean if you could send him the rest of his shorts also... I think while he was messing with the fan, his shorts got caught in there. :lmao::lmao::lmao::lmao:

Ummmm, interesting attire Dave......

If ya'll had a set of perfect long legs like these, ya'll wouldn't be lonely at night spanking the keyboard typing jealousy notes to me. ;)

OP
OP
S

Sean Roe

Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
I am installing just at the moment.
12V + and 0V - is already connected.
But which green should i take??
That one in the upper wire harness loom (very thick) or the one at the lower loom with the connector.
Please have a look at the pictures.

The larger diameter 12 gauge dark green wire at location #1 on your drawing.
There are two green wires in that loom.
You want the dark one.

It's still like the old kit for that wire, found here:
http://forums.viperclub.org/illustr...roe-racing-fan-kit-installation-sean-roe.html

Copperhead245

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sean,

You say "The purpose prior was to cycle the fan on and off after the engine was shut off hot so that boiling didn’t occur in the cylinder heads".

I'm just trying to understand how that happens. Since the coolant isn't flowing with the engine off, is boiling in the heads prevented mostly by just getting the heat out of the engine bay?:dunno:

I did the same mod to one of my Jaguar XJ-S's years ago - never did any tests to measure the difference, but it sure makes me feel better...

Ron

dave6666

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sean,

You say "The purpose prior was to cycle the fan on and off after the engine was shut off hot so that boiling didn’t occur in the cylinder heads".

I'm just trying to understand how that happens. Since the coolant isn't flowing with the engine off, is boiling in the heads prevented mostly by just getting the heat out of the engine bay?:dunno:

I did the same mod to one of my Jaguar XJ-S's years ago - never did any tests to measure the difference, but it sure makes me feel better...

Ron

It is simple convection cooling that transfers the heat from the engine to the radiator. Happens much slower than with forced circulation like the pump, but it does happen. Also, slight differences in fluid densities caused by the temperature differences can cause fluid circulation. Cold is heavier, hot is lighter. Causes very slight circulation.

I had my '01 GTS here in Texas for about 6 months before I put the kit on. Now when I come out of the Quikie Mart and restart the car, it fires up 10 to 20 degrees cooler than without the kit.

ruckdr

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Completed upgrade installation; piece of cake. Works as advertised (never had any doubts).

Later,

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jpolen21